Tux rental on Allure

We are thinking of using the Tuxedo rental service on Allure, and using OBC to pay for it. Haven't hired before, and not really sure what to expect, so I'd appreciate some advice from anyone who has used the service please.

1. Do they have a wide range of sizes available at short notice (will probably use OBC for the rental so we won't be ordering before we sail) and will they do all the measuring, or do we have to provide sizes for them?

2. Are the suits of good quality? I'm concerned that they might look a bit 'worn'

3. Is it best to bring your own shoes?

4. Do they provide 2 shirts for sailings with 2 Formal Nights?

Many thanks for any advice :)

When I looked into it for our wedding cruise (12/2009) you had to order it before the cruise. They have contracts with local vendors to provide them. You go to a local store to you to get measured. They provide 2 shirts and shoes....

Not sure if this has changed or not....

My husband has preordered for 2 cruises, but found once on board we could order tuxes. The Jewel in April had a tailor who came to our stateroom and remeasured my husband because I got all the preordered measurements wrong. The new tux arrived that late afternoon. Shoes can be rented but husband says they are uncomfortable so he brings his own black dress shoes.

I think you can specify 2 shirts, I can't remember, he had two shirts but it was a 2 week cruise. The tuxes looked fantastic. No wear that we could see.

We are thinking of using the Tuxedo rental service on Allure, and using OBC to pay for it. Haven't hired before, and not really sure what to expect, so I'd appreciate some advice from anyone who has used the service please.

1. Do they have a wide range of sizes available at short notice (will probably use OBC for the rental so we won't be ordering before we sail) and will they do all the measuring, or do we have to provide sizes for them?

2. Are the suits of good quality? I'm concerned that they might look a bit 'worn'

3. Is it best to bring your own shoes?

4. Do they provide 2 shirts for sailings with 2 Formal Nights?

Many thanks for any advice :)

They should be able to accommodate you onboard. Not many people rent tuxes anymore so they have a pretty good stock. You chances are good that they can take care of you without pre ordering so you can use your OBC.

The tuxes seem to be of good quality. They are Perry Ellis. I had a problem with the seam in the seat of the pants coming unsewn of one I rented but it was taken care of within a few minutes. I would recommend trying it on ASAP once you get it so if there are any problems, they can be taken care of quickly.

Bring your own shoes. Shoes are 12.00 extra and they are just them shiny black patent tux shoes and likely very uncomfortable.

Yes, you will receive two shirts no matter which package you go with.

:)

Edited by ryano

What is the cost on the rentals?

89.00 or 99.00 depending on which package you get. Shoes are 12.00 extra. :)

Traditional Package $89

This package includes: Perry Ellis 2 button notch satin lapel tuxedo jacket in Super 100 fabric, Perry Ellis single pleat adjustable waist matching trousers, Perry Ellis Lay-down collar ½ inch pleat formal shirt (2)*, black satin cummerbund and bow tie, black onyx and nickel cufflinks and stud set.

Combination Package $99

This package offers you up to three different looks from one package. You decide the style that fits you best! This package includes Perry Ellis 2 button notch satin lapel tuxedo jacket in Super 100 fabric, Perry Ellis single pleat adjustable waist matching trousers, Perry Ellis Lay-down collar ½ inch pleat formal shirt (2)*, Perry Ellis mini-dot tone-on-tone vest with coordinating 4-in-hand long tie and pocket square, black satin cummerbund and bow tie, black onyx and nickel cufflinks and stud set.

Choice of 4 colors: Black, Silver, Antique Gold or Red.

Add a pair of formal tuxedo shoes for only $12

Add another Vest Set for only $20

Last Formal Night. I clean up pretty good don't I???:D

Here's how one of the rented tuxes looks. Just ignore the person wearing it! :p

Very nice, makes me want to rent a tux.:)

I rented a tux on Adventure in April for my wedding. It was very nice having it pressed and hanging in the closet of our cabin when we arrived on board. The quality was good, not great, not poor. Came with two shirts and I rented the shoes. Although I have more comfortable shoes, the patent leather really does finish the suit. I would however recommend that you try it on the night you arrive so that the valet can make an needed alterations. I made the mistake of not trying mine on until 30 minutes prior to the ceremony. Oops. The fit was poor, coat sleeves to short, waste too big. I was actually concerned they would fall down during the ceremony. At 5' 7" and 139lbs, it was my fault for not checking to see if it fit

• 3 months later...

Trying to rent a Tux for 12/6/15 on the Allure.

I logged into "My Cruises", and then I clicked on;

1. BEFORE YOU BOARD
  2. Royal Gifts
  3. Scrolled down to "Tuxedos" and clicked on "Shop Now"

I get "This page cannot be displayed"

Called the Helpless Line at (866) 562-7625

She assured me she could get to the website (of course,she is inside of RCCL's firewall).

She gave me another website to try which appears to be an alias.

https://tuxedorental.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Same thing.

Even using Google to find "RCCL Tuxedo Rental Site" points me to the same website.

Anyone else have any luck?

Trying to rent a Tux for 12/6/15 on the Allure.

I logged into "My Cruises", and then I clicked on;

1. BEFORE YOU BOARD
  2. Royal Gifts
  3. Scrolled down to "Tuxedos" and clicked on "Shop Now"

I get "This page cannot be displayed"

Called the Helpless Line at (866) 562-7625

She assured me she could get to the website (of course,she is inside of RCCL's firewall).

She gave me another website to try which appears to be an alias.

https://tuxedorental.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Same thing.

Even using Google to find "RCCL Tuxedo Rental Site" points me to the same website.

Anyone else have any luck?

I just used this link and got to the point of entering my name and cruise info:

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Same as your link with an "s" added to tuxedorental.

Note that the SSL certificate appears be expired, and you would have to click past some warnings.

Edited by clarea

89.00 or 99.00 depending on which package you get. Shoes are 12.00 extra. :)

Traditional Package $89

This package includes: Perry Ellis 2 button notch satin lapel tuxedo jacket in Super 100 fabric, Perry Ellis single pleat adjustable waist matching trousers, Perry Ellis Lay-down collar ½ inch pleat formal shirt (2)*, black satin cummerbund and bow tie, black onyx and nickel cufflinks and stud set.

Combination Package $99

This package offers you up to three different looks from one package. You decide the style that fits you best! This package includes Perry Ellis 2 button notch satin lapel tuxedo jacket in Super 100 fabric, Perry Ellis single pleat adjustable waist matching trousers, Perry Ellis Lay-down collar ½ inch pleat formal shirt (2)*, Perry Ellis mini-dot tone-on-tone vest with coordinating 4-in-hand long tie and pocket square, black satin cummerbund and bow tie, black onyx and nickel cufflinks and stud set.

Choice of 4 colors: Black, Silver, Antique Gold or Red.

Add a pair of formal tuxedo shoes for only $12

Add another Vest Set for only $20

What about kids? My grandson is 11 years old and would like to get him a tux? How do you make arrangements for a tux?