Unlimited Beverage Package ??

LadyBerard

We're cruising in September on the Dawn. My sister-in-law will be rooming with me and my husband. We'd like to get the unlimited beverage package; however, my sister-in-law stopped drinking over 25 years ago (she was an alcoholic). Is there any possible way NCL would allow just me and my husband to purchase the package? Do they ever make an exception that EVERYONE in the cabin must purchase it?

Will they allow your third passenger to buy the soda card instead?

I know with the promos they had the first two people in the cabin had the beverage plan, but the second two had soda plan instead. So you might check directly with NCL and see if that's possible.

We're cruising in September on the Dawn. My sister-in-law will be rooming with me and my husband. We'd like to get the unlimited beverage package; however, my sister-in-law stopped drinking over 25 years ago (she was an alcoholic). Is there any possible way NCL would allow just me and my husband to purchase the package? Do they ever make an exception that EVERYONE in the cabin must purchase it?

If the price hasn't gone up too much, you may want to looking at repricing with the current promo.

It includes the UBP for the first 2 in the cabin and your SIL would not have to buy the package.

Even if the price has gone up some, it still may be more economical that buying 3 UBP's, especially if one wouldn't be used.

Lois

Edited by electro

Will they allow your third passenger to buy the soda card instead?

I know with the promos they had the first two people in the cabin had the beverage plan, but the second two had soda plan instead. So you might check directly with NCL and see if that's possible.

So even if the 3rd person is an adult, they are not "required" to get the UBP?

So even if the 3rd person is an adult, they are not "required" to get the UBP?

No, not when the UBP is promo'd to pax 1 and 2. When the UBP is purchased, the regular rules apply... all pax in the same stateroom over 21 must purchase.

I don't see what the big deal is. If the terms do not suit the buyer, then the buyer passes on the UBP and orders their drinks in a traditional manner. As Demonyte said, the UBP is not a right... although it should be.

No, not when the UBP is promo'd to pax 1 and 2. When the UBP is purchased, the regular rules apply... all pax in the same stateroom over 21 must purchase.

I don't see what the big deal is. If the terms do not suit the buyer, then the buyer passes on the UBP and orders their drinks in a traditional manner. As Demonyte said, the UBP is not a right... although it should be.

We are all getting the UBP, 1st 2 with the promo & #3 as a separate purchase.

I have friends going in other cabins, & some of them won't be as well hydrated as others, so this makes things easier on everyone for cabin mates.

One other question, if pax. 3 buys the UBP, do they get any sort of credit from upgrading from the soda package? Just wondering cause there will be many of us "Hydrating" LOL

Thanks

And just a FYI, it's not unlimited, it's ultimate. Unlimited would imply you can have all you want of everything and that's certainly not the case.:D

And just a FYI, it's not unlimited, it's ultimate. Unlimited would imply you can have all you want of everything and that's certainly not the case.:D

I have a couple questions that I have been unable to search and find answers to.

1. Regarding your comment about it not being unlimited... what IS the daily limit of drinks you can order? (I know carnival limits to 15/day)

2. I know you can only order 1 drink at a time, but how often can you order another drink? (Carnival makes you wait 5 minutes in between)

3. I saw the list of items not included, but didn't see anything specific in regards to shots. Would they be included even though they're not a cocktail, beer, wine by the glass or fountain soda?

Any help on these question would be appreciated as my searches have come up empty on this. Thanks.

I have a couple questions that I have been unable to search and find answers to.

1. Regarding your comment about it not being unlimited... what IS the daily limit of drinks you can order? (I know carnival limits to 15/day)

2. I know you can only order 1 drink at a time, but how often can you order another drink? (Carnival makes you wait 5 minutes in between)

3. I saw the list of items not included, but didn't see anything specific in regards to shots. Would they be included even though they're not a cocktail, beer, wine by the glass or fountain soda?

Any help on these question would be appreciated as my searches have come up empty on this. Thanks.

1 - no limit.

2 - order as often as you like, must remains upright, and generally cannot be two-fisted, with some exceptions...beer and a shot, for example, is usually not a problem.

3 - shots? Did someone say shots?

Edited by triptolemus

1 - no limit.

2 - order as often as you like, must remains upright, and generally cannot be two-fisted, with some exceptions...beer and a shot, for example, is usually not a problem.

3 - shots? Did someone say shots?

Thanks for replying. Normally time in between orders isn't a concern, but with shots...they go quickly! Lol

It might be helpful to you to take a moment to read the terms and conditions of the UBP. You will notice there is no mention of a daily limit. These aren't just a part of the terms. This is all of them. Hope this helps. http://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package. And yes, you can have shots. They aren't splitting hairs here. It's really a simple program. Edited by LrgPizza

1- No limit (trust me.... way too many Proseccos the first day)

2- I was told by the staff, finish your drink, then you can have another <lol>

2- included with the UBP that includes cocktails.

If you purchase the UBP onboard, it will be tied to a specific room card and it doesn't have to go to everyone in the room.

That is not what the T&C clearly states. With non-alcoholic packages it works like that, not with UBP.

2- I was told by the staff, finish your drink, then you can have another <lol>

I've sailed twice with UBP and I was never told that. In the theater, when my husband and I each ordered a beer from the waiter, he brought each of us 2 in a bucket to get us through the show (his idea!) While lounging by the pool, our server knew to just keep the Dirty Bananas coming. We certainly never finished one before ordering another. I could go on and on with examples of that not happening, and I can't think of one single time I was ever told that.

I know with the promos they had the first two people in the cabin had the beverage plan, but the second two had soda plan instead.

OK, I gotta ask if I'm missing something here. Trying to book a cruise, 2 adults in our cabin + my 15 yr old nephew. We want the Ultimate Beverage Package, so I enter promo CHOB. I don't see anything about additional passengers in the cabin getting the soda package.

Promo shows soda plan for inside & studios, first two passengers. Is that what you meant or is there a code out there that I need to enter to get my nephew the soda package?

0e1ceba9f495f09d483f26458efcefc5.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434862012350.jpg.58026bbfb71f9eff8dc0451c0643b4ac.jpg

Edited by cruiseJMO