ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

Thanks - went back and read your magazine - failed to load correctly on my aging laptop originally.

Looks like the Promenade deck is above the lifeboats on the deck plans

3423594?width=738&keepratio=true

not so sure about bicycles though.

3423598?width=738&keepratio=true

Oh NO! not drinks again. :o

Yes , I have another question. For the cruise I have booked for a year on the only drinks packages available are 18 vouchers for alcohol and 12 for non alcohol. No xx$ per day ones.

Plus the usual wine packages 4 bottles 7 bottles etc.are available

Question is if I book the voucher packs now, if at a later date they decide to provide the

xx$ per day packages, can the voucher packs be cancelled as with any other add ons. It does say they can only be used on that ship on that voyage and UN USED ones are forfeit but I am hoping that only means after you get on board and receive them.

Yes , I have another question. For the cruise I have booked for a year on the only drinks packages available are 18 vouchers for alcohol and 12 for non alcohol. No xx$ per day ones.

Question is if I book the voucher packs now, if at a later date they decide to provide the

xx$ per day packages, can the voucher packs be cancelled as with any other add ons. It does say they can only be used on that ship on that voyage and UN USED ones are forfeit but I am hoping that only means after you get on board and receive them.

Pete can probably answer this but he is missing in action. Probably on another cruise. ;p

You don't have to book any pre-paid/ pre-ordered items until the last week before sailing.

So you can have until then to see if any different packages become available.

So keep checking you booking via your MSC web site.

You can always book packages at embarkation ( but they will have a 15% service charge added on) if you get it wrong, which may be better than forfeiting vouchers you have already bought.

Here's what the brochure says

drinks%20variations.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete

I think the extract from the brochure is just saying what is in the brochure can change and

you have to see what is showing on line at the time you want to book.

It doesnt say if they will honour a package that is booked then withdrawn - I almost

had a problem with that on RCCL

I have seen where people book excursions then cancel and rebook should a "sale" be announced

and I think also where people have booked drinks packages and then changed to a new one when it became available but have no experience of any of this with MSC .

I will contact MSC and ask them specifically if a vouchers drinks package can be cancelled by the passenger and a refund obtained. say up to a month before sailing.

I dont think MSC will cancel as it is the 2018 repositioning Durban to Venice and I dont think

they will offer a ££ per day package as I believe they dont offer them to cruises from SA.

What I am thinking will happen is that come "summer" - April? they will increase the price of the vouchers package and tag a bit on to cover £/$/€ rate changes.

AND as we dont go until 4/2018 time for another price hike.

The price seems to have been unchanged for a while so I am wanting to go for it at the current price but wondered if there was an "out" if circumstances changed..

Got out sunny here again today - will have to get out and try and tidy the garden up a bit.

Need to leave more time between cruises :eek: - keep saying its an eco-garden but maybe

heading towards wilderness!!

Further to the above , I have been looking at the 2017-2018 ,2018-2019 p214 brochures and conveniently there is no information regarding beverage packages on the grand voyages from S Africa.

I have seen posts from US and UK based members who have looked at the drinks packages offered and both report there is only the Voucher based packages on the SA GV.

The package states "18 vouchers for the consumption of all cocktails with a price up to US$ 4.80, wine by the glass with a price up to US$ 4.00, draft and bottled beer, ciders and spirit coolers, spirits with a price up to US$ 3.90, all soft drinks including non-alcoholic cocktails, all coffee based drinks, take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

Has anyone any drinks price lists for these cruises from SA , only reading other posts on other ships in other places standard cocktails would seem to be around 6$ Wine 5€ 33clHeineken 4.7€ (cheapest bottle) suggesting the drinks may be cheaper on SAGV.

As our cruise is 12 months off what might happen if the bar prices increased so that no drinks were below the "up to price"

I can't answer the questions you have, Aulanis, but I can say that MSC doesn't do all-inclusive drinks packages in South Africa but the drinks prices are a lot cheaper onboard when the ship is in that region. I did a Durban-Durban 4 night cruise last November which is how I know. They're obviously continuing that policy on the GV which doesn't surprise me. I don't wish to offend here, but the crew told us that South Africans "couldn't be trusted with all-inclusive" as they had been known to "drink the ship dry" when all-inclusive was available.

In relation to the purchase of vouchers with price limits, I'm sure the vouchers pertaining to a future cruise would reflect any price increases which may arise - they wouldn't be much use, otherwise. Remember, you pick up the vouchers onboard and they would reflect the current drinks prices that cover the drinks that the vouchers include.

I think the extract from the brochure is just saying what is in the brochure can change and you have to see what is showing on line at the time you want to book. It doesnt say if they will honour a package that is booked then withdrawn - I almost had a problem with that on RCCL

I have seen where people book excursions then cancel and rebook should a "sale" be announced and I think also where people have booked drinks packages and then changed to a new one when it became available but have no experience of any of this with MSC .

I will contact MSC and ask them specifically if a vouchers drinks package can be cancelled by the passenger and a refund obtained. say up to a month before sailing.

Along the lines of the verbiage in the graphic posted by Pete, in the Caribbean market, I have seen drinks packages offered on the Divina and Seaside which were ultimately withdrawn. When withdrawn, the package was not removed from existing bookings, but understandably, the package is no longer offered to new bookings.

The package states "18 vouchers for the consumption of all cocktails with a price up to US$ 4.80, wine by the glass with a price up to US$ 4.00, draft and bottled beer, ciders and spirit coolers, spirits with a price up to US$ 3.90, all soft drinks including non-alcoholic cocktails, all coffee based drinks, take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

Has anyone any drinks price lists for these cruises from SA , only reading other posts on other ships in other places standard cocktails would seem to be around 6$ Wine 5€ 33clHeineken 4.7€ (cheapest bottle) suggesting the drinks may be cheaper on SAGV.

As our cruise is 12 months off what might happen if the bar prices increased so that no drinks were below the "up to price"

Though I cannot be specific with specific drink pricing in SA, I believe the basic concept of the "per drink" prices is tied to include most non-premium drinks. In the Caribbean, bar menu drinks feature an asterisk (*) next to the beverage, which (I believe) indicates it is not available for use with vouchers, or non-premium drinks packages.

• 2 months later...
What a good thread! Thanks Pete!

What do you think about cabin 10107 in the Preziosa?

Ivi

It's a standard balcony cabin in the centre portion of the forward recessed area.

As it is towards the centre of the recess the field of view will not be too severely reduced by the hump walls.

In addition as it is on deck 10 there will minimal affect from the deck 14 overhang.

It is very close to the lobby of a major bank of lifts which is a blessing as far as walking distances are involved, but a negative point, albeit a small one, as there is the possibility of unwanted noise from inconsiderate guest.

Over all it is good cabin location which has some "pros" and very few "cons".

Pete

I take it anything with a red star is Premium?

So as we have an Aurea package, anything not starred is included in the drinks package?

Yep ............that's correct, Kikki. The included drinks list on the basic package is quite extensive with a very good selection of branded spirits. The wine choices available are a bit limited, though, which is why we stump for the premium package. A better choice of wines as well as all the other extras is better value (to us) than buying other wines throughout the course of the cruise.