Xcaret

njrover0216

Is this excursion worth the money? The cruiseline wants $99 for adult and $60 for children. We made the mistake our first cruise buying tickets to Disney at our Port Orlando stop, we stood in line most of the excursion and only got about 4 hours at the theme park. Would love feedback on if it is worth the money, and with a time limit what are the top things to do? We will have a 6 and 10 year old with us.

Read the reviews on Trip-Advisor to see if it meets your needs/desires. Xcaret is on the mainland, so consider the ferry ride from/to Coz when making your plans.

I would also check out Chankanaab Marine park - dolphins and other shows for your kids, a nice beach, a snorkel lagoon, etc. Only a $12+ cab ride from the piers - adult admission is about $20 but you'll pay a lot more to swim with the dolphins.

I think park admission alone is close to US$99, but covers a lot of activities. Depending on how long you are in Cozumel and what time your excursion starts and comes back. How long of time does the cruise line say the excursion lasts? We're on the Valor two weeks before you so, I'm guessing 10:30 A or 11AM start getting you to the park around noon or 12:30P and coming back on the 3PM ferry since the 5PM doesn't leave you much time to get back to the ship. Going on your own wouldn't be that much different in time and could cost most with ferry tickets and taxi to the park and return.

I would not attempt it on a cruise stop. There is so much to see and do at this park and you will not have many hours. I took my grandson about a month ago and we had all day since we live here. It will take another day or 2 to go back and fully enjoy everything that is offered. Playa Mia has lots of water toys. Chankanaub has much to offer and the seal show is free and awesome. It is a 5 minute taxi ride, so you do not waste 3 hours of traveling. Have fun!

The excursion is 7 hours total. I thought Xcaret would be nice because of the cultural shows and the visuals. Not sure if I really want to spend all that time traveling though...have to really think about this one. Thanks!

The excursion is 7 hours total. I thought Xcaret would be nice because of the cultural shows and the visuals. Not sure if I really want to spend all that time traveling though...have to really think about this one. Thanks!

Not sure you would see too many cultural shows - they tended to be late afternoon and of course the main show is in the evening.

• 1 month later...