Owners Suite privileges

BiancaV

Could someone please let me know about the beverage service in he OS on the Dawn? I've noticed people posting that they had 3 bottles of liquor that they chose. Do I call ahead for that? Also what about bottled water and or soda? Does bottled water come complimentary in the OS?

Thanks so much!

Could someone please let me know about the beverage service in he OS on the Dawn? I've noticed people posting that they had 3 bottles of liquor that they chose. Do I call ahead for that? Also what about bottled water and or soda? Does bottled water come complimentary in the OS?

Thanks so much!

This is info from my last sailing on the Star, Dawn's sister ship.

When you get to the cabin, your butler will provide you with a list of liquors, you get to choose 3 bottles from the list with mixers. Soda and bottled water were free. You can request a blender if you would like to make mixed drinks. Just be aware that the plug for the blender is the European style and there was only a couple places in the suite to plug it in. I found near the tv and setting up the blender on the coffee table was the easiest for me.

Here is a link my review with pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186301&highlight=star+spring+break+os

I would presume that info regarding this is the same as when we were in the Garden Villa on the Pearl. Before our cruise, we received info (snail mail or email, I don't remember) from the pre-cruise concierge. It gave us the liquor choices, mixer choices, etc. It also included the pillow menu. We told them want we wanted, and it was waiting in our room when we arrived. During the course of the cruise, our Butler refilled any mixers that we needed. And he did bring extra water bottles.

I would presume that info regarding this is the same as when we were in the Garden Villa on the Pearl. Before our cruise, we received info (snail mail or email, I don't remember) from the pre-cruise concierge. It gave us the liquor choices, mixer choices, etc. It also included the pillow menu. We told them want we wanted, and it was waiting in our room when we arrived. During the course of the cruise, our Butler refilled any mixers that we needed. And he did bring extra water bottles.

Oh so you get the list ahead of time? That would be great if they do indeed email you ahead of time with the Owners Suites. I'm curious to see if anyone knows the brands they have for the liquor.

Oh so you get the list ahead of time? That would be great if they do indeed email you ahead of time with the Owners Suites. I'm curious to see if anyone knows the brands they have for the liquor.

This was the list two months ago:

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South by Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc, California

North & South by Norwegian, Merlot, California

The ahead-of-time list is pretty hit or miss. We had to contact them for it and then it never got passed along to the ship anyway.

Edited by cadien

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

The ahead-of-time list is pretty hit or miss. We had to contact them for it and then it never got passed along to the ship anyway.

Thanks for sending that. I usually drink a flavored vodka bummer they don't have a larger selection. My two favorites are Stohli Razberry and Malibu Rum.

Thanks for sending that. I usually drink a flavored vodka bummer they don't have a larger selection. My two favorites are Stohli Razberry and Malibu Rum.

I would suggest emailing the pre-cruise concierge and asking if you can substitute something to your liking. We have always had great luck in doing this, although I know others not so much. They may say no can do or they may charge a fee for what they may consider a "premium" liquor. We did this as recently as January of this year on the Epic. Things can be very fluid at NCL so I can't promise this will work, but, it's worth a shot.

For the record, we requested Disaronno amaretto, Absolut Citron and Bailey's. They were waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded.

I would suggest emailing the pre-cruise concierge and asking if you can substitute something to your liking. We have always had great luck in doing this, although I know others not so much. They may say no can do or they may charge a fee for what they may consider a "premium" liquor. We did this as recently as January of this year on the Epic. Things can be very fluid at NCL so I can't promise this will work, but, it's worth a shot.

For the record, we requested Disaronno amaretto, Absolut Citron and Bailey's. They were waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded.

Oh Thankyou I will try that. Any idea where I can find the email for the Concierge? I've looked on NCL.com but couldn't find it.

We asked for a bottle of Baileys in lieu of the Kalhua with no problems. And we also were contacted by the NCL Suite Concierge before our sailing and given a list of what we could choose....not just the booze, but pillow types, etc.

Oh Thankyou I will try that. Any idea where I can find the email for the Concierge? I've looked on NCL.com but couldn't find it.

Bianca, 7 to 8 weeks prior to sailing, you will receive a letter from Vivian welcoming you to the Haven or Suite Class. The email address as well as the phone number and other instructions for pre-cruise concierge will be contained in that letter.

And definitely put in the requests for bar set up, liquor selections, etc. ahead of time through pre-cruise concierge. Contrary to the hit-and miss experiences stated by some earlier posters, out of the 10+ cruises I sailed in H3 or H1, the ships' concierges and assigned butlers had always followed up with these requests impeccably.

Once I booked late (last minute), Vivian's letter came about 3-4 days after I finalized the booking. On that occasion, it wasn't that relevant since the ship's Haven concierge and several butlers already knew me reasonably well.

I actually contacted the concierge yesterday and she sent out that letter and I'm already asking about the 3 bottles. They are looking into whether or not I can substitute from the list given so I'm waiting to hear back. Now I have pillow choices!😊 I'm loving this!!!

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

That list is kind of disappointing. I hope it's better than that on the Gem.

That list is the standard for all NCL ships. Several years ago they were pretty flexible about changing brands and types. Last two or three years not so much, most exchanges were about $40 per bottle and it just wasn't worth it. With the UBP we generally now don't even open the bottles in the DOS and take them home for the bar.

For the poster that said the mini bar was included, this is absolutely not true. If you touch the mini bar you will be charged. Have it emptied and keep you stuff in there.

I have never had a problem modestly upgrading the liquor. Just politely request a favor from the concierge and butler. Hotel director normally has to approve. Don't expect top shelf but Ketel One has always been approved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I have never had a problem modestly upgrading the liquor. Just politely request a favor from the concierge and butler. Hotel director normally has to approve. Don't expect top shelf but Ketel One has always been approved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Did you do the upgrade onboard? I was asking before hand but they can't confirm it I guess. I was told to ask onboard.

I actually contacted the concierge yesterday and she sent out that letter and I'm already asking about the 3 bottles. They are looking into whether or not I can substitute from the list given so I'm waiting to hear back. Now I have pillow choices!😊 I'm loving this!!!

Great! Have a fantastic cruise and please say hi to Karabi.

Is Karabi the butler on the Dawn?

Karabi has been the concierge on the Dawn for quite some time now, with the exception of a brief intermission during which Virginia took over her representation. The butlers' rotations are more fluid, and it's difficult to predict, as yet, whom would be assigned to your suite.

Edited by Kinofdc