Pier & Margaritaville

mabones

We will be in Cozumel this December & was wondering which Pier we would dock at and the distance to Margaritaville? Would like to do an AI but want to fit in a stop to Margaritaville.

Thanks in advance!

You'll most likely dock at Puerta Maya and need to take a taxi to downtown. Margaritaville is just before the Punta Langosta pier when coming from Puerta Maya. It's the opposite way from the AIs like Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocum which are south of Puerta Maya. I'd suggest you hit the AI first and then venture up to Margaritaville before returning to the ship.

We will be in Cozumel this December & was wondering which Pier we would dock at and the distance to Margaritaville? Would like to do an AI but want to fit in a stop to Margaritaville.

Thanks in advance!

Carnival owns Puerta Maya so you will dock there. I'm not sure that it is worth the effort to drive toward town just to go to an American chain restaurant.

As far as AIs you can do the beach bar ones that everyone talks about but IMO you are better off getting a day pass to an AI hotel and enjoying their facilities, it makes for a much calmer day.

Carnival owns Puerta Maya so you will dock there. I'm not sure that it is worth the effort to drive toward town just to go to an American chain restaurant.

As far as AIs you can do the beach bar ones that everyone talks about but IMO you are better off getting a day pass to an AI hotel and enjoying their facilities, it makes for a much calmer day.

It depends on what you like. We like a lot of music, fun, entertainment, etc. Not into relaxing or quiet on a beach, but if there's a beach that includes some drinks, music and dancing....count us in.

I agree, if you want to go to M'ville, head to the beach first for a few hours, then taxi to M'ville and then back to the ships. It's all on the same side of the island. We like M'Ville plenty and usually stop at one or two, but we found Bob Marley Reggae Bar really, really fun and super "beachy" and lively! When we go back (if we don't do the Bar Hop bus again) we will grab a taxi to Reggae Beach bar for a few hours.