excursion discounts

mcsargewife

Check the port info here then you can decide what you want to see/do. When you know what you want to do, ask here for suggestions as to local tours. They are always less than the ship's tour and for the exact same tour.

What ship are you going on and what are the ports, what do you like to do? We can help you more if we know this.

(We have done 66 cruises on Carnival - and cruises on other lines- so let me know if you have any other questions)

Edited by Bonnie J.

For a few months HAL tried giving codes for some excursions -- tours people weren't really interested in. It flopped.

I haven't heard of anyone getting a code anymore for a discount.

Then HAL tried an Anniversary Sale which gave you shipboard credit towards shore excursions. But HAL hasn't worked the bugs out on that on either and people can use the shipboard credit for whatever they want.

I haven't heard of real discounts of ship-based tours. Sometimes it 'looks' like there is a slight savings, but I'm pretty sure it's not a real bargain.

The best way to get better prices is to book privately, which is what we do, but some people aren't comfortable doing that.