Smoking on Celebrity Constellation

MarielH

We saw them puffing away on deck 4 and there is also a place to the left of the pool bar as you are looking at it and also, with your back to this bar, on deck 10 on the right near the table tennis tables.

We sat out during the day in the peace and quiet and deck 4 was our favourite spot. Trouble was, the smelly ashtrays.

Only back five minutes and have forgotten the name of the bar! Mast bar!

Yup...dh had to try and enjoy his cigar with the cigarette smokers...never once did anyone from X empty the ashtrays...with burning butts. But at least he got his cigar fix...

. The less than ideal smoking area does not mean cruising is not an option for us ,..and the wifi was pretty good!

Had a good laugh at that myself!!! He'd better not be seen with a drunk in fact know he wouldn't be as it will be our 40th wedding anniversary!:)

Too funny...Happy 40th...Celebrating our 40th later this yr...

They limit cigar smoking to one location on the ship. So beware that just because it's a smoking area you need to check if cigars are allowed

This is no longer true. Since they eliminated all smoking on Deck 10 at the Sunset Bar, (which used to be the designated cigar smoking area), it is now allowed anywhere smoking is allowed.

On our cruise on Constellation, there were several people smoking daily on the balconies. It was especially noticeable when we were docked in port and the ship was not moving. We had a younger group and was not typical of the typical Celebrity clientele. The person next door would put out his cigarette when we were on the balcony.

Has anyone ever seen this policy being enforced without a few warnings? It may take several days of a week long cruise to gather a few warnings.

We had some European neighbors on our Infinity, Around the Horn cruise that persisted in smoking on nearby balconies. i saw the smokers twice (two different cabins).

I reported the incidents immediately and Celebrity's response, at first seemed less than forceful. I should have take a photo of the smokers, in flagrante delicto.

After reporting five incidents, the smoking stopped until the next to last day of the cruise. I complained again and the officer in charge (I think either housing officer or the one in charge of the room stewards) came to our cabin apologizing since we said there was not enough proof to further punish anyone. I think they didn't want to do anything since the cruise was ending soon.

My advise is that if you have a neighbor smoking on their balcony, report the incident to your room steward and the front desk, immediately. If it persists and you can take a photo, take a photo.