Carribbean and Calypso music in the Atrium!!

Just read JH blog and they are adding more Party Bands to the ships! he also said that on sailaway day there will be Calypso and Caribbean music in the Atrium and on Lido!

And you ask... what can be better than that??? THEY ARE BRING BACK CARNIVAL FAVORITE BLOOD POWER, AND MUSIC UNLIMITED AND OTHERS!

I hope Blood Power is on the Breeze in September! Carnival's new music person is definetly listening to the cruisers and doing something to bring Carnival back to what people love about it! I can't wait to board another ship :D

.WHOOOHOOOOOO...!!!

Have to agree in general. If you're on a Caribbean itinerary, an essential is the calypso/reggae/Caribbean live music. Maybe not EVERYWHERE on the ship but it needs to be there on Lido deck for sure.

Edited by joepeka

I must be the only person who does not care for Calypso/Caribbean music. I like music with lyrics that I can sing along with (in my head usually because I can't actually sing). I'll just tune it out when getting some sun or watching out for the kids in the pool.

I must be the only person who does not care for Calypso/Caribbean music. I like music with lyrics that I can sing along with (in my head usually because I can't actually sing). I'll just tune it out when getting some sun or watching out for the kids in the pool.

It's not going to be ALL the time... they have the Party Bands which will be doing lots of live music..

Nope, not the only one. I can't stand that kind of music. Steel drums drive me batty after about 2 minutes.

On the Pride in March, I really enjoyed the DJ on deck. He played such a great mix of music (some really old stuff like Frank Sinatra, then some funky 70s stuff, some 80s stuff, some today stuff, some 50s stuff - just a really great mix of happy, fun music).

I'll be disappointed to not have that on our next cruise on embarkation.

Have to agree in general. If you're on a Caribbean itinerary, an essential is the calypso/reggae/Caribbean live music. Maybe not EVERYWHERE on the ship but it needs to be there on Lido deck for sure.

I cannot agree with this anymore. I don't want to listen to Top 40 when I'm lounging on the Lido deck, enjoying the sun and drinking an adult beverage. Bring on the live reggae!

I'm going with a first time cruiser in September, and I was sad they wouldn't experience that "vibe"...hopefully Breeze will have it by then!

I cannot agree with this anymore. I don't want to listen to Top 40 when I'm lounging on the Lido deck, enjoying the sun and drinking an adult beverage. Bring on the live reggae!

I'm going with a first time cruiser in September, and I was sad they wouldn't experience that "vibe"...hopefully Breeze will have it by then!

Me too! I am also on a September Breeze cruise:rolleyes:

Blood Power is fabulous! They'd play for an hour or more non stop. About 4 or Asian guys who'd let crew w/talent play.

There was a guy groupie who is in his mid 30's who goes cruising w/them all the time. In the PG party he was introduced as Diamond. There was a collective gasp when he walked on stage as everyone was expecting an older person. He was a musician also.

Calypso and steel drums really make it feel like a cruise!

Blood Power is fabulous! They'd play for an hour or more non stop. About 4 or Asian guys who'd let crew w/talent play.

There was a guy groupie who is in his mid 30's who goes cruising w/them all the time. In the PG party he was introduced as Diamond. There was a collective gasp when he walked on stage as everyone was expecting an older person. He was a musician also.

Calypso and steel drums really make it feel like a cruise!

I totally agree! Also, one of my favorite shows on the ships is "Ticket to Ride" beatles tribute... it was a blast on the Miracle, but with the new Playlist productions, if it hasn't already been done away with it will be. It was one of the Asian bands that did this show! they are amazing!

I am so excited about my upcoming cruise, especially with these great changes!

now, if we could just get them to bring back those Hurricane glasses for sailaway!:D funship drink! And another thing i would like to see is if they did away with the Legends show, and brought back the Passenger Talent show! I have seen some really good shows !

I totally agree! Also, one of my favorite shows on the ships is "Ticket to Ride" beatles tribute... it was a blast on the Miracle, but with the new Playlist productions, if it hasn't already been done away with it will be. It was one of the Asian bands that did this show! they are amazing!

I am so excited about my upcoming cruise, especially with these great changes!

now, if we could just get them to bring back those Hurricane glasses for sailaway!:D funship drink! And another thing i would like to see is if they did away with the Legends show, and brought back the Passenger Talent show! I have seen some really good shows !

Where is that like button!!!

Pat

Hi. This is great news!

When will this begin? Im on Breeze January 30 doing eight day caribbean and would love to listen to caribbean music coming from freezing New York!

Agreed. Helps set the vibe of the vacation. I don't want country rock pickup truck rally music on a cruise.