Jubilee or Circle/District to Tower of London?

TOL visit via the underground coming up soon. We'll need to stop by the Ticket Office before meeting up at the Jewel House.

The Jubilee line would produce a walk from the London Bridge underground station. The Victoria to the Circle/District line would produce a walk from the Tower Hill station. Is there anything to distinguish the two options in terms of the terrain or the complexity of the walk to the Ticket Office?

The change of line from the Victoria to the District/Circle isn't an issue. We're comfortable taking the tube.

Thanks!

Google London Transport.uk. And you will get all the information on all the alternatives for any underground and bus connection.

I'm asking an opinion of which route to take based on details not captured by the London Transport search.

The Jubliee route is the the London Transport result, but requires a 23 minute walk at the end of the underground ride or a change to a bus plus a walk. The Victoria & District/Circle route requires a change of underground lines but ends up closer to the Tower. The overall travel time of both makes either acceptable.

I'm asking if there's any way to differentiate them based on the walk from the two different stations -- terrain or simplicity of the route.

I'm asking an opinion of which route to take based on details not captured by the London Transport search.

The Jubliee route is the the London Transport result, but requires a 23 minute walk at the end of the underground ride or a change to a bus plus a walk. The Victoria & District/Circle route requires a change of underground lines but ends up closer to the Tower. The overall travel time of both makes either acceptable.

I'm asking if there's any way to differentiate them based on the walk from the two different stations -- terrain or simplicity of the route.

Tower Hill tube is by far the nearest - a few minutes. The walk from London Bridge is quite a way.

Edited by Morgans

TOL visit via the underground coming up soon. We'll need to stop by the Ticket Office before meeting up at the Jewel House.

The Jubilee line would produce a walk from the London Bridge underground station. The Victoria to the Circle/District line would produce a walk from the Tower Hill station. Is there anything to distinguish the two options in terms of the terrain or the complexity of the walk to the Ticket Office?

The change of line from the Victoria to the District/Circle isn't an issue. We're comfortable taking the tube.

Thanks!

I don't know exactly where London Bridge tube station is, but assuming it's near London Bridge (well, it has to be) then the route to the Tower is easy. Find the river, and walk towards Tower Bridge. Nice river walk.

I reckon it's about a mile walk from London Bridge tube (and you need to get the right exit as there's several).

Tower Hill is practically opposite the tower so it really depends if you fancy the walk or the convenience.

Tower Hill, it has an underground tunnel that connects to the other side of the street, you get your tickets for the Tower on one side of the street and the Tower is on the other, it's a busy street so crossing at street level is hard

As others have said, Tower Hill is far closer to the Tower than London Bridge. So it seems a little confusing that TfL would suggest that route - but I think the default setting for the planner is up to a 40 minutes walk.

Even so, I am struggling to think from where a direct Jubilee to London Bridge or Victoria/D&C change makes sense. I would have thought Jubilee to Westminster and change to D&C there would always beat a Victoria change.

It's a few extra minutes Westminster-Tower Hill, rather than Westminster - London Bridge, but what you lose there you would more than make up on the walk to the Tower.

I spend half my life when in London on those lines, but it is late so maybe I'm missing something :)

Even so, I am struggling to think from where a direct Jubilee to London Bridge or Victoria/D&C change makes sense. I would have thought Jubilee to Westminster and change to D&C there would always beat a Victoria change.

It's a few extra minutes Westminster-Tower Hill, rather than Westminster - London Bridge, but what you lose there you would more than make up on the walk to the Tower.

I spend half my life when in London on those lines, but it is late so maybe I'm missing something :)

As it turns out we really did go Green Park to Victoria on the Victoria line and then switched to the District. When I proposed the Jubilee line to District line at Westminster, the Tube employee said there was construction in the station and the route would be long and circuitous.

As it turns out we really did go Green Park to Victoria on the Victoria line and then switched to the District. When I proposed the Jubilee line to District line at Westminster, the Tube employee said there was construction in the station and the route would be long and circuitous.

There is one escalator being replaced at the moment at Westminster (I go through there every day). It is an easy change.

There is one escalator being replaced at the moment at Westminster (I go through there every day). It is an easy change.

What can I say? When an employee of the transit system tells me something is the long way round and isn't recommended, I'm in no position to dispute her.

Frankly we're doing better underground than we are walking. This evening we followed a Ggole set of directions from Berkeley Square to Antidote restaurant in Soho. The instructions told us to turn right and continue walking until the restaurant. In reality the street where we were supposed to turn had a different name and wen through three name changes before we spotted Newburgh, a street perpendicular to the streets we' d been walking.

As an aside Antidote was a great restaurant. Expensive but not stratospheric expensive. The restaurant upstairs is quieter than the noisy ground floor wine bar serving small plates.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Fair point.

I must admit to taking longer routes to work in the last couple of days so I can use the air-conditioned trains on the District, Circle and Metropolitan lines. The deep tube lines are miserable in the rush hour at the moment.

Only two more days of it then it's onto the Royal Princess round UK - yippee!:D:D

I must admit to taking longer routes to work in the last couple of days so I can use the air-conditioned trains on the District, Circle and Metropolitan lines.
So that's why my trains are so much busier than usual at the moment. Interlopers! :p