Teen going with Grandparents - Form?

eh24fan

Good morning!

My son is going on the Vancouver-Alaska route on the Grand next week with my dad and stepmom. I have been looking on the Princess site, but can't seem to find the answer. I need to know if there is a form they require for a child traveling without one or both of the parents? I know that Carnival and Norwegian have a form that they require to be filled out and notarized. I don't want there to be an issue once they get to the port. He will have his passport, but his last name is different and I do not want there to be any chance that they could deny him boarding in Vancouver!

You can type one up. Title it "Authorization for Foreign Travel with Minor". Detail the trip, dates, name of adults, etc. . Also be sure and authorize them to make Emergency medical decisions, consent for surgery/trauma/life saving care.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Do fill out a document with your & spouse's permission for (your son's full name as on passport) to travel with (names here.)

I thought of advising you to get it notarized & the USCBP website confirms this.

Do fill out a document with your & spouse's permission for (your son's full name as on passport) to travel with (names here.)

I thought of advising you to get it notarized & the USCBP website confirms this.

Both parents would need to sign this (just as if you're getting a passport for a child under 16, both parents need to show up in person to apply) with the info posters have indicated and include the authorization for medical consent.

Make sure to give the grands the birth certificate (passport would be better) and a copy of your medical insurance card.

I took two extra kids too- and never was asked for anything. Which was good since I managed to leave the papers home (I had them- nicely filed in a drawer :eek:). In fact I have traveled all over the world with my kids alone (dad at home) and with extras and have never been asked.

On the other hand- bring the notiarized papers. And I would just include the grandparent's names as they appear in their passports- wouldn't worry about anything further. If the officials really want to get worried- they will ask the kids. You can't do that when the kids are tiny.

We took two extra kids on a carnival cruise out of New Orleans friends of my son and daughter all we had was a notarized letter from their parents.ages 14 and 16

Luckily the kids did not have any medical issues. If they did, who was going to authorize their treatment? You should have also had a form authorizing you to allow medical treatment on the kids if necessary. Also, did you have copies of their medical insurance cards? Bet that you did not.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

We have traveled many times with minor family members and friends children.

We have been asked for paperwork at borders and by the cruise line. To the folks that have never been asked, you are very lucky. I would not want to be in a position without documentation.

Thank you everyone!! They are flying from Philly, to Toronto, to Vancouver, boarding the ship there, then in Alaska, they will be camping for a week and flying back to Philly with a stop in Phoenix. There are many opportunities for officials requesting documentation so I need to make sure I have everything in order.

Thank you everyone!! They are flying from Philly, to Toronto, to Vancouver, boarding the ship there, then in Alaska, they will be camping for a week and flying back to Philly with a stop in Phoenix. There are many opportunities for officials requesting documentation so I need to make sure I have everything in order.

Yes for sure. :)

It's best to have too much than to forget that one piece of documentation or info that you'll end up needing. A few weeks ago, I was getting my daughter a state photo ID as she won't have enough time to learn to drive, pass the driving test, and get her DL via mail. I was filling out the form and was asked for her social security number, which I didn't have on me. We had to drive home from the DMV, write down her number, and return.

We have traveled many times with minor family members and friends children.

We have been asked for paperwork at borders and by the cruise line. To the folks that have never been asked, you are very lucky. I would not want to be in a position without documentation.

When we disembarked in Vancouver with our granddaughter, they asked for all our documentation. They also asked her who we were - name and relationship.

DON