Does Princess honor reduced fares?

AllisonJames

Never had this happen -- booked several months ago directly with Princess. Our category is now selling for less and the onboard credit offer appears to be higher. We are paying for four adults/2 cabins so this would add up to several hundred dollars. If I contact Princess will they give me the lower price?

Never had this happen -- booked several months ago directly with Princess. Our category is now selling for less and the onboard credit offer appears to be higher. We are paying for four adults/2 cabins so this would add up to several hundred dollars. If I contact Princess will they give me the lower price?

I think it depends on if you are past your final payment. Before final payment, they should be able to change with no problem. After final payment, you ask but I don't think you will get a reduction.

If prior to full payment date look at the details on the pricing. Those that say valid for new bookings only will not be available to you unless you cancel and rebook (prior to last payment date or if you have cancel for any reason insurance. If the later the offer would have to be very very good since you would lose the cost of the insurance). Also some offers require that the deposit be non-refundable. Most of the time the offers after full payment date will say new bookings only, but not always.

If the pricing does not say limited to new bookings then you should be able to take advantage. If you purchased directly from Princess you can contact them directly. If you booked through a TA then you must go through them and other restrictions might apply.

Edited by RDC1

Update -- I was able to get the lower fare no problem, same booking number and cabins so did not seem to actually be "rebooked". Saved a few hundred dollars with one quick phone call -- I'll take it :) !! However, turns out my deposit is NOT refundable, a fact that I was not told when I originally booked.:( so a little bit of a mixed bag. However I will choose to be optimistic as booking so early enabled us to get two aft-facing cabins with larger balconies and those can be hard to get!

After you get onboard you can go to the Future Cruise Consultant's office and book a future cruise. You have a choice of choosing one or booking an unspecified future cruise. The deposit is $100, and Princess gives you a Future Cruise Shipboard Credit which varies from $25 to $150, depending on cabin chosen and cruise length.

Once you do this you have two years to sail on that deposit.

If your cabin drops in price you can call Princess any number of times for a price reduction...we did this four times on our Vancouver to China one.

Update -- I was able to get the lower fare no problem, same booking number and cabins so did not seem to actually be "rebooked". Saved a few hundred dollars with one quick phone call -- I'll take it :) !! However, turns out my deposit is NOT refundable, a fact that I was not told when I originally booked.:( so a little bit of a mixed bag. However I will choose to be optimistic as booking so early enabled us to get two aft-facing cabins with larger balconies and those can be hard to get!

Thanks for letting us know it worked so well