Platinum Status Questiom

cruisebie

I just booked the 10 day Journeys cruise on the Dream in August (yay, me!). I'm currently at gold VIPF status with 65 days. Since the 10 days would not put me at Platinum status until the last night of the cruise, would I get bumped up to platinum on the 10 day cruise or would it be on the next cruise? Either way is fine, just wondered if I needed to try to book FTTF.

WHOO HOOO! I'M GOING ON A CRUISE! Ok that's out of my system now. :)

I just booked the 10 day Journeys cruise on the Dream in August (yay, me!). I'm currently at gold VIPF status with 65 days. Since the 10 days would not put me at Platinum status until the last night of the cruise, would I get bumped up to platinum on the 10 day cruise or would it be on the next cruise? Either way is fine, just wondered if I needed to try to book FTTF.

If you booked, what does your paperwork say? I'd call and be sure your status is on their computer correctly for when you print out your docs.

I called Guest Services to make sure. And they fixed it for me. I just had the first day of my cruise to be platinum and they gave it to me. It was great. So I would definitely call and make sure.

It is a nice way to do it. Princess for example doesnt give you the bump until your next cruise.

I agree! It's very nice that they do it this way. Many cruise lines don't give the upgraded status until the following cruise.

Thanks to all who responded. After 10 Carnival cruises you would think I would have realized I could check my luggage tags. That's why I love CC, there's always someone willing to chime in and help out a fellow cruiser. The luggage tags do indeed say Priority. It looks like I am good to go! Now for the hardest part of all--waiting!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

My comment has nothing to do with your becoming Platinum, but there isn't any Journeys cruise in August. The first one on the Dream is Oct. 4. Are you sure it's in August?

My comment has nothing to do with your becoming Platinum, but there isn't any Journeys cruise in August. The first one on the Dream is Oct. 4. Are you sure it's in August?

Yikes! I'm beginning to wonder if I should be allowed to leave the house--much less cruise. I didn't even realize that I typed August. Guess that's how excited I was. LOL. I'm going to be on the Oct 15th Journeys cruise from San Juan. I have no clue why I said August.