Port Liberty parking garage

BILLP1

Hi,

I have a cruise that leaves Port Liberty on July 25. I need to park in the area. I see there is parking by the ship at 14 Port Terminal Blvd (Bayonne). Can anyone tell me how far this is and is it walking distance?

Much appreciated,

Hi,

I have a cruise that leaves Port Liberty on July 25. I need to park in the area. I see there is parking by the ship at 14 Port Terminal Blvd (Bayonne). Can anyone tell me how far this is and is it walking distance?

Much appreciated,

The parking is across and to the right of the terminal. It is definitely within walking distance (no worse than mall parking a bit away from the entrance), but if you don't want to walk it they offer a shuttle bus. I took the bus one way just to see what it was like and it was empty. On the way back I just walked with my luggage.

Although we haven't had the opportunity to cruise from the new terminal, we have parked at the port on all of our cruises from Cape Liberty. As for traffic, the line may get a bit long early in the process for boarding and parking, BUT it moves with military precision and will get you to the ship in a timely manner. The port staff has a lot of experience moving vehicles and folks efficiently to their vacation.

When I had my flat tire, I had a front row seat to observe the inbound road for 3+ hours. It never backed up to the south side of the parking lot, which it frequently did before. A major reason for this is that folks who just want to park and roll their luggage to the terminal can bypass the chaos of in front of the terminal and go directly to the parking. There is also a shuttle bus from the parking area, which can reduce the number of cars stopping at the terminal. There are now drop off bays for the cruise buses, so they are no longer in the way. It's still a crazy place, but it seems to move much better than it did before.

When I had my flat tire, I had a front row seat to observe the inbound road for 3+ hours. It never backed up to the south side of the parking lot, which it frequently did before. A major reason for this is that folks who just want to park and roll their luggage to the terminal can bypass the chaos of in front of the terminal and go directly to the parking. There is also a shuttle bus from the parking area, which can reduce the number of cars stopping at the terminal. There are now drop off bays for the cruise buses, so they are no longer in the way. It's still a crazy place, but it seems to move much better than it did before.

I agree. It does seem to move far better than before.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Photo's! Thanks for sharing.

The garage is coming along. Looks like they are planing elevators in the front corner. Hopefully it will be setup to go straight to the garage instead of needing to drop luggage off at the terminal first. Maybe it will have its own luggage drop.

Any bets on how much the price will go up. New York is now at $40.00

Edited by fred30

Great Photo's! Thanks for sharing.

The garage is coming along. Looks like they are planing elevators in the front corner. Hopefully it will be setup to go straight to the garage instead of needing to drop luggage off at the terminal first. Maybe it will have its own luggage drop.

Any bets on how much the price will go up. New York is now at $40.00

I'm betting the price will go up, but no clue as to how much. I'm also betting I'll be posting te public transit directions a lot more.

When they first announced they were building a garage the amount of spaces seemed low to me but a significant price increase may greatly reduce the amount of cars parking at the pier. This will also make the off-site parking lots look much better.

I'm within a 2 hour drive with no other reasonable transportation options. I'm actually looking forward to the garage. Then I won't need to pack the snow shovels and gear in the car on our winter cruises as long as I get there early enough to get a spot on a covered level.