False advertising for the Unlimited Soda and more package

thepie

Try finding the information with the following path:

o Sign in to the personalizer for your cruise

o Select Onboard Reservations

o Select Beverage Packages

o Select "Unlimited Soda & More" package

o Select which passengers will get the package

Report back here where you see any information or footnote or a link or something else that mentions the Royal or Regal following this path to purchase.

Already noted that it doesn't come up there, and recognized there is a disconnect in the info...... was simply noting that I didn't find the info hard to find at all when the original poster asked. I also noted I don't buy in advance, so I wouldn't be checking there anyways. I would (and did) get my info from the detailed info page rather than the blurbs on my personalizer.... I wouldn't expect the blurbs to have every detail, but there does seem to be incomplete info in the personalizer when it mentions Ocean & Pacific and not R&R....as I also noted, have yet to see a perfect travel website. When you find a perfect travel website, that has every single piece of info correct in every single location, let me know.

Already noted that it doesn't come up there, and recognized there is a disconnect in the info...... was simply noting that I didn't find the info hard to find at all when the original poster asked. I also noted I don't buy in advance, so I wouldn't be checking there anyways. I would (and did) get my info from the detailed info page rather than the blurbs on my personalizer....

But the personalizer was likely the path that the OP followed to purchase the package in advance of the cruise.

Why would the OP suspect that complete information was not presented when the purchase was made?

But the personalizer was likely the path that the OP followed to purchase the package in advance of the cruise.

Why would the OP suspect that complete information was not presented when the purchase was made?

I have no idea whehter that was the route the OP took, and if it was, why they would expect detailed information in the small sales blurbs there....I certainly don't. What the OP expects or did is all well and good - the info is there at the website though, under their detailed info on the dining and beverage page. It's not false advertising, which was their claim.

And I absolutely conceded, and agree that there are disconnects in the website, with lack of info in some places or seemingly contradictory info at some spots, or at least room for interpretation. I have yet to find a website that's 100% perfect across every single link and page, especially for a large travel corporation... Hence, researching.

No kidding...that is stated on the Princess website which is available 24/7 to anyone who takes the time to view it...even for anyone who never goes to CC. :rolleyes:

"There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess or Royal and Regal Princess".

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Princess puts so many things on their website which too often no one takes the time to read. Then passengers are shocked & outraged when things are not as they assumed and start threads saying it's false advertisement, being ripped off, etc., etc. :(

Oh well...now future passengers are aware of this limit. :)

I get so amazed by some of the questions that get asked here on the various boards that are so easily answered by reading the website for the cruise line you're about to go on. I still read up on my ship and anything new before every cruise.

I have no idea whehter that was the route the OP took, and if it was, why they would expect detailed information in the small sales blurbs there....I certainly don't.

The information about the Pacific and the Ocean are there in that route. Why would anyone suspect that was not the complete list?

What it comes down to is it's not false advertising (there is info to be found, which meets the legal requirement), but it is poor communication (a recurring issue with Princess).

It's sad because could easily be fixed by adding (on ships where available) after milkshakes on the list. Then people would research, or at least be aware not all ships.

The information about the Pacific and the Ocean are there in that route. Why would anyone suspect that was not the complete list?

Agree 100%! I had looked at this on the Personalizer about a day before this thread popped up and noticed immediately the note regarding the Pacific and Ocean. I noticed this immediately because I already knew there were no milkshakes on the Royal or Regal (I had read it on here) and thus thought it was strange they were not listed. If this footnote had not been there, then I may have thought there may be additional details hidden somewhere on the website but since that notation was made, I would definitely have assumed that the Pacific and Ocean were the only exceptions (if I didn't already know differently). I do not see how some of you can blame the OP for not realizing there were additional exceptions. One could do a significant amount of research for their trip and easily and understandably not come across the additional list of exceptions.

On a side note, I do want to say that I very much enjoy Cruise Critic but I am always hesitant to post anything and would be scared to start a thread. Why? If you don't know, please go back and read some of the harsh replies to this OP and see if you can figure it out. I felt so bad for the OP when I started reading the replies. They were trying to provide information to the board that they thought others may want to know. Yes, some of us may have already been aware but they didn't know that and it doesn't hurt anything for it to be mentioned again so that newbies can see it. It is totally acceptable to point out where the information about the Royal and Regal can be found but can't we all be nice about it? I know some things can seem to be more harsh in writing than what they are really intended to be but there have been way too many posts that I have read lately that seem just plain rude and mean. Please don't misunderstand me, most everyone is very helpful and kind and I truly don't think anyone intends to be mean but please just be careful about what you write.

• 6 months later...

Thought I would resurrect an old thread.

Thought you folks might be interested…..

Booked a last minute cruse and noticed the wording on the ultimate soda and more has now completely changed. The text now matches everywhere on the site. (That I can find)

“Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol-free mocktails, like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You’ll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more. Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!”

No longer is there any mention of shakes anywhere on their site…..

It looks as if Princess has axed any reference to milkshakes across the board on their website.

Milkshake, nope, nada, gone.....................................

The verbiage now leaves out any mention of them....

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise."

Posted by reedprincess:

<<...Has nothing to do with being on this forum all day, as most people are not there. And everything to do with reading what you are buying. From the website itself:

† There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess or Royal and Regal Princess

Seems pretty self explanatory to me....and here's the link for the page where it's found: http://www.princess.com/ships-and-ex...ing/beverages/ ...>>

According to what I found at the above link it says the following:

" Package not available on Sun, Sea and Dawn Princess, or Diamond, Emerald and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand."

As the original poster said, there is nothing there about the ship they were on, at least when I looked there about 2 minutes ago. But, it appears that some people do see a listing of other ships so I'm wondering why the discrepancies between what I found and what others found. I doubt that the pages change on their own accord. Weird!

Tom

Odd. . . this is what I see by following your link and looking at the footnotes below the listing for Gin's. I wonder if it has something to do with the browser you use.

Gifts are subject to availability. All prices are quoted in USD and are subject to change without notice.

*Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

Edited by cactusrose

Doesn't seem to be the browser. I tried it with Chrome and I.E. and got the same results. So something is cause different people to get different results. I even did a search for Milkshake, Regal and Pacific and nothing came up on the page.

When I looked last year, they mentioned milk shakes, but when I ordered it for the Crown, they were no longer available. I thought it might be seasonal. Crown and Ruby have ice cream stands, but they don't advertise milk shakes as being offered

27926-profile.png

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

When I looked last year, they mentioned milk shakes, but when I ordered it for the Crown, they were no longer available. I thought it might be seasonal. Crown and Ruby have ice cream stands, but they don't advertise milk shakes as being offered

Unlimited Soda & More Package$8.05*per person, per day

Indulge in this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package that includes the Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout your cruise.

27926-profile.png

27926-profile.png

Did they just remove milkshakes as part of this package? Doesn't seem to be a good sign if they removed the verbage from the site.

That would've been my reason to buy it. I don't drink enough soda to make it worthwhile.