Name change after final payment

OceanMonarch

Unfortunately, my daughter's partner will be unable to sail on the TA July 22nd voyage - he was unable to secure a kennel place for the dog and will have to fly home. :(

What are Cunard's rules concerning name changes after final payment? I would love to fly over and cruise back with her. Is it possible at this late stage?

It's not just a case of a name change, it's a complete person change, i.e. different passport number etc. You're going to need to phone Cunard as soon as you can about this.

Presumably your daughter's partner has already cancelled with Cunard?

https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/canxpax_cu

I probably should have mentioned that this reservation was made in the US in case the booking conditions or fare structure makes a difference.

Your daughter or your daughter's TA, depending on how the booking was made, should contact Cunard's US reservation center and ask if she can change her partner's booking to you. (You can't do this because it's her reservation.)

At this late date you will probably be on your own in making one way air arrangements but it won't hurt to ask if you can get Cunard Complete Air.

Edited by BlueRiband

We really cannot help you with this. As others have said, you or your TA will have to ask Cunard.

For example, here in the UK there are certain fares (the cheap ones) where NO changes can be made. It is a condition of the cheap fare. We therefore cannot answer your question because we do not know if you bought a fare that has conditions like that attached.

We would love to help, but there are too many unknowns.

Good luck. I hope you can manage the change.

Good point. The OP is in the US but we don't know on which side of the pond her daughter - who owns the booking - made the reservation.

My apologies for not making my information clear. Yes, I am in the US and made this reservation for my daughter so I am permitted to make any changes by the TA. I was just curious if this was at all possible at this late stage - I will of course contact the TA but I like to have the knowledge of CC members in case I get an agent who is new or unfamiliar with Cunard's policies. I don't want to waste their time if it's a non-starter. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I had trouble finding this but it looks like you are just making it under the deadline. Cunard's site mentions the UK phone numbers but your TA should use his/her US contact:

Q. Can I make a name change on an existing booking?Yes, we will allow a one name change per booking up to 14 days before departure. Full details can be found in our booking terms and conditions. The current charge is £20 admin fee plus any expenses (such as airline and/or hotel charges) incurred by Cunard Line as a result.

In certain circumstances and subject to conditions, we will allow a complete transfer of a booking to other passengers. Please contact our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0000 (Calls cost 3p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge) to discuss this further.

Unfortunately, my daughter's partner will be unable to sail on the TA July 22nd voyage - he was unable to secure a kennel place for the dog and will have to fly home. :(

What are Cunard's rules concerning name changes after final payment? I would love to fly over and cruise back with her. Is it possible at this late stage?

I did this about 3 years ago but booked in UK. They charged £20 to cover the paperwork for complete person change.

Please let us know how it turns out. You're just making it under the deadline.

Thank you BlueRiband - I have managed to find a one way flight with WOW air $277.00 one way (Baltimore to London Gatwick). My TA will charge a small admin fee..:)

Thank you BlueRiband - I have managed to find a one way flight with WOW air $277.00 one way (Baltimore to London Gatwick). My TA will charge a small admin fee..:)

Wonderful news especially with the bargain EB flight! You just made it - may you and your daughter enjoy your crossing!

Great news, have a wonderful time.