No 4th of July sale?

SugarStar00

Am I missing something? No big independence day sales or anything?

Think I received emails with a promotion for $40/day OBC.

I didn't check it out because we already have a cruise booked.

They do have promotions all the time, most aren't really very special.

have a good day

Think I received emails with a promotion for $40/day OBC.

I didn't check it out because we already have a cruise booked.

They do have promotions all the time, most aren't really very special.

have a good day

I did and found the two cruises we have booked to be higher with the sale.

We find most of their sales to be anything but.

...I usually let stuff like this slide, but it's sometimes too difficult to stay quiet.

...Yes, when Carnival has a sale, it is a legitimate sale. There, I said it. Problem is, it's just not a sale for most people. Why, because the prices that most of us book under is already a sale!

...The sale is usually off the Fun Select rate. This is the rate for most first time cruisers. Early Saver, Senior, Resident, Military and others... are all rates that are booked with a sale price. Sorry, but just like most other stores you walk into, you can't get a sale off the sale price. Ever try walking into a restaurant for the Early Bird special, and then try to hand them a $5 coupon. Right, they won't take it.

...Yes, they are sales. Just not for cruisers that have already booked with a sale price. There, I said it again.

...I usually let stuff like this slide, but it's sometimes too difficult to stay quiet.

...Yes, when Carnival has a sale, it is a legitimate sale. There, I said it. Problem is, it's just not a sale for most people. Why, because the prices that most of us book under is already a sale!

...The sale is usually off the Fun Select rate. This is the rate for most first time cruisers. Early Saver, Senior, Resident, Military and others... are all rates that are booked with a sale price. Sorry, but just like most other stores you walk into, you can't get a sale off the sale price. Ever try walking into a restaurant for the Early Bird special, and then try to hand them a $5 coupon. Right, they won't take it.

...Yes, they are sales. Just not for cruisers that have already booked with a sale price. There, I said it again.

Lets just agree to disagree. Many people here think they raise their prices and than take something off raises price from previous week and call it a sale so unsuspecting people think they got something special.

Am I missing something? No big independence day sales or anything?

Why does everyone expect a sale for every holiday?

Just because your local furniture store or auto dealership is having a sale doesn't mean that everyone else, including the cruise lines, is having a sale. With few exceptions, I've found that the lowest price is usually the Early Saver rate when a cruise's rates are first posted. Of course, that's not counting when some unfortunate disaster comes up, such as the Triumph incident nearly three years ago.

Edited by beachbum53

Just because your local furniture store or auto dealership is having a sale doesn't mean that everyone else, including the cruise lines, is having a sale. With few exceptions, I've found that the lowest price is usually the Early Saver rate when a cruise's rates are first posted. Of course, that's not counting when some unfortunate disaster comes up, such as the Triumph incident nearly three years ago.

Don't know why you quoted me when you said this. I was just wondering why people expect a sale every time there is a holiday.