Staggered Embarkation and FTTF

vanderty

Yes I'm diamond. But weddings through suites have paid for something else, not a place in line.

Paid is paid, whether it is thru attrition (diamonds and plats) or for one time: weddings (they certainly have paid and will pay much more over time), suite or FTTF.

Still would like to sail with you some day.;)

Yes I'm diamond. But weddings through suites have paid for something else, not a place in line.

This is a perfect example of your classic stuck up diamond passenger. They only complain about it because they have no reason to use it.

This is a perfect example of your classic stuck up diamond passenger. They only complain about it because they have no reason to use it.

Incorrect. I complain when I find FTTF is in the same room as me in certain ports, we we know we are supposed to believe they go AFTER all VIP categories.

Incorrect. I complain when I find FTTF is in the same room as me in certain ports, we we know we are supposed to believe they go AFTER all VIP categories.

FTTF is supposed to be in the main holding room, they are not supposed to have access to the VIP holding room. I can understand your concern with that.

I purchased FTTF a few months ago and still received the email and phone call yesterday stating my time was 1:30. I called and spoke directly to a Carnival rep and they assured me that the time stated on my FTTF (11am) was the time I could arrive.

Hopefully I won't have to sit with the Platinums (lol) :rolleyes: smh

4 days until Bon Voyage! :)

Hate to be defensive but I feel like I need to put my two cents in here. As a Diamond member you have achieved a status level based on your loyalty for Carnival and that is wonderful and you should be rewarded for that loyalty. Some people who cruise either can't afford to travel that much or they may choose to take different types of trips that don't allow them those rewards. The FTTF option, when available may be used because a family is really excited to start their vacation and they feel the $60 bucks is worth it to them. Some families, like my own, are traveling with a child with special needs who gets anxious when traveling and it it easier on him to get on board and settled. We could and have in the past gone through special guest services for priority boarding but we can afford the extra fee and it is worth it to us to not make our son "feel special" and have to go to the extra desk to explain his diagnosis. Don't assume that others are just trying to buy privilege. Does Carnival offer this option up at a cost which brings profit to them for a service that has no cost..absolutely. As a business women I applaud them and wish I could think of something that amazing for my own company. As a traveler, I am thankful for the options. And in my opinion...it isn't worth it to me to worry about what others are doing on their vacation or how they ended up at the front of the line or in the priority area.

Sailing on the Elation on the 11th and my email came last week with a 12:30-2:30 window. We have FTTF which I bought only to be able to have access to the cabin early. I remember a time when all the cabins were ready at the start of embarkation but they delayed embarkation to do so if necessary. Thinking back 20 years ago when I worked embarkation. That said, I do plan on arriving a bit earlier than 12:30 because I did pay for that day and I don't want to be rushed and miss exploring the ship prior to muster drill and sail away. If I have to wait at the port, no big deal. Once they filter it better I will be more than happy to oblige them.

I purchased FTTF a few months ago and still received the email and phone call yesterday stating my time was 1:30. I called and spoke directly to a Carnival rep and they assured me that the time stated on my FTTF (11am) was the time I could arrive.

Hopefully I won't have to sit with the Platinums (lol) :rolleyes: smh

4 days until Bon Voyage! :)

Wow there are alot of us on here sailing on the Conquest on Sunday. I'm one of those dreaded Platinums (lol) but I'm new to it so I haven't been jaded yet - I also took advantage of FTTF before becoming Platinum.

I too got the email & phone call advising a 1:30 - 2:30 boarding time. The problem is I am staying overnight in a hotel with an 11:00 check out. So, do I hang out in the lobby of the hotel with all our luggage, or go to the port and see if they'll let me hang out there if they really won't let me board until 1:30???

I'll call my PVP when he gets in today to make sure that I won't have a problem if I get there early.

If Carnival expected these assigned times adhered to, they would send the information to ALL passengers, not just some. And they would send them well in advance. Who waits till a week or less prior to sailing to make their travel arrangements?

Wow there are alot of us on here sailing on the Conquest on Sunday. I'm one of those dreaded Platinums (lol) but I'm new to it so I haven't been jaded yet - I also took advantage of FTTF before becoming Platinum.

I too got the email & phone call advising a 1:30 - 2:30 boarding time. The problem is I am staying overnight in a hotel with an 11:00 check out. So, do I hang out in the lobby of the hotel with all our luggage, or go to the port and see if they'll let me hang out there if they really won't let me board until 1:30???

I'll call my PVP when he gets in today to make sure that I won't have a problem if I get there early.

I have gotten the staggered boarding email and call for two different Platinum cruises. They haven't figured out how to separate the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF from the mass mail / robocall. Go when you are ready, that is part of the fun of being Platinum.

We got that email on our last cruise. we indeed were not aloud to board until our scheduled time. We happen to be the first people at the port due to travel, and we still had to wait.

If i was denied access after buying Faster To The Fun, which they advertise as boarding at 11am, I would demand to speak to a manager and send a message to John Heald immediately. Its called Faster to the fun, not Wait For the Fun. It would be an awful way to start my vacation. I leave in 17 days and will be at the port at 10:30am regardless of what the email says.

I have gotten the staggered boarding email and call for two different Platinum cruises. They haven't figured out how to separate the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF from the mass mail / robocall. Go when you are ready, that is part of the fun of being Platinum.

Thanks for that - it makes me feel better. Haven't been able to talk to my PVP yet - maybe I'll just be a rebel & go early without anyone's permission (lol).

Does not seem that hard of a task to do.

He apparently misunderstood your question. His answer pertains to when the ship is delayed.

Uh, I thought he answered the question clearly and succinctly. Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, suite, and wedding party (not in the correct order) can board at 11:00. Everyone else boards after them.

If there is an inspection/maintenance issue, everything gets pushed back.

He did not specify whether or not the staggered boarding times would be/are enforced. But, that question was not asked in that particular message.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

If Carnival expected these assigned times adhered to, they would send the information to ALL passengers, not just some. And they would send them well in advance. Who waits till a week or less prior to sailing to make their travel arrangements?

THIS! A MILLION TIMES THIS!

Also, I would rather sit at the port after checking most of my luggage, than sit at the hotel with ALL of my luggage.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Uh' date=' I thought he answered the question clearly and succinctly. Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, suite, and wedding party (not in the correct order) can board at 11:00. Everyone else boards after them.

If there is an inspection/maintenance issue, everything gets pushed back.

He did not specify whether or not the staggered boarding times would be/are enforced. But, that question was not asked in that particular message.[/quote']

Yea i think he answered the question perfectly! I did not ask if they will be strictly enforced, however, I'm sure when that is the case Carnival will announce it.

Yea i think he answered the question perfectly! I did not ask if they will be strictly enforced, however, I'm sure when that is the case Carnival will announce it.

Thanks Psk2347 for taking the time to ask Mr. Heald. I too think he answered the question - he seems to be saying that Diamond, Platinum, FTTF and Suites can ignore the emails unless they specifically state that there will be a Coast Guard inspection.

Now if they turn me away, I'll say "John Heald told me I could get here early."

Again, thanks for the idea of asking John & taking the time to let us know what he said!!

Here's my experience with this. We are not VIPs and we do not choose to pay $60 to board the ship early and we've never really waited all that long, no matter what time we arrived at the port, to board.

We have on several of our last cruises received the e-mail and phone call and we ignored it due to the fact that we usually fly in on the same day as the cruise and so have no place to hang but at the port. We have always gotten on and never been held to a specific time to board as stated in the e-mails or phone calls. I totally understand why they want to stagger the time for people to board. I always wanted to board as early as we could and so show up at 10a to 10:30a to board. Never had a problem. However, on our last cruise we sailed out of our home port and did not have the option of arriving early due to the fact that the DH and DS had to work half a day. We arrived at the port at about 2:30p. It took us about 45 mins. to board and we were able to go straight to our cabin. I loved that as we bring on soda, water, wine, and snacks and always have carry-on luggage besides our checked luggage. In the future, unless we don't have a choice due to flying in on the same day...I would love to wait to board later. It was so nice to just be able to go straight to the room, settle in, eat some of our snacks, drink some wine, and just chill until time for the safety drill. And, we didn't have to pay for it! :) This will be our new routine!

We are always the last to get off the ship. We just go and have breakfast and chill out with each other until they call our number. Sometimes if we have a low number...we still just wait till the very last second to get off the ship. We avoid the crowds and get on with our day. We too have never had a problem with bumping into the people who are embarking...just not our experience.

Edited by mousey