Price increase?

We have 4 solos on Freedom that were booked a year ago. 2 in October and 2 in December. All 4 are insides, right around $1,000. That is our threshold. However, Laura got antsy and wanted early September, so we booked. Since it was so much closer to sailing the price is $1300. It is what it is.

Book early, book often. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

If history repeats itself, I would expect that cruise to be on the going, going, gone sale that is released later today. Last week's sale had the sailing prior to yours on it.

We got a $999 JS two years ago when the prices plummeted and last year could have gotten one for just a little more but didn't book since we had a cruise already booked for a few weeks later. Prices are definitely trending higher this year though.

But did you see the prices on the GGG sale? The sailing the week before has D2 and D3 listed at $1099. Considering that last year I was in connecting JS cabins for that money, that's no bargain. The D2 and D3 prices last year were in the $700s per person.

But did you see the prices on the GGG sale? The sailing the week before has D2 and D3 listed at $1099. Considering that last year I was in connecting JS cabins for that money, that's no bargain. The D2 and D3 prices last year were in the $700s per person.

Yes, two year's ago the JS price was on the then Tuesday Sale, but the prices on the GGG sale now, are no where near the bargain that they used to be. I just think that if the sailing does end up on the GGG sale, there might be some cabin movement which could lead to more, cheaper insides available in the coming weeks.

On a different note, sounds like you have a good gang going this year. Sounds like fun.:p

You can always book it if you know the exact date you want. If the price goes down before final payment, then you can call and have it adjusted (just keep in mind that if any extras on original booking such as OBC , then you will lose that). If the price increases before final payment, then you still get the price from when you booked. The earlier you book, the better selection of stateroom and dining time. Cancel before final payment and you get everything back.

Also, if you know your ship preference but are flexible on a date, then you can look at each month as the price does vary (keepign in mind weather).

Edited by LuCruise

Yes, two year's ago the JS price was on the then Tuesday Sale, but the prices on the GGG sale now, are no where near the bargain that they used to be. I just think that if the sailing does end up on the GGG sale, there might be some cabin movement which could lead to more, cheaper insides available in the coming weeks.

On a different note, sounds like you have a good gang going this year. Sounds like fun.:p

Oh, it's going to be interesting, I'll give you that.

They are good kids, luckily all under 18 so no worries about them. And we're not going to Mexico (Eastern run). None of them have cruised before so it will be fun to introduce them.

I guess I did luck out with the pricing this year with having to book earlier. I never would have expected the prices to be holding so high at this point.

When I decide pretty close to "last-minute," it's always a toss up whether the price will be decent or pretty high. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just went for it and paid the price. When it's time to get away for a bit, it is just TIME to go! I rarely book in advance because I like to go when I am feeling the need for a time away by myself. Sometimes I get lucky - sometimes I have to pay the price.

At least I'm going! :cool:

You can always book it if you know the exact date you want. If the price goes down before final payment, then you can call and have it adjusted (just keep in mind that if any extras on original booking such as OBC , then you will lose that). If the price increases before final payment, then you still get the price from when you booked. The earlier you book, the better selection of stateroom and dining time. Cancel before final payment and you get everything back.

Also, if you know your ship preference but are flexible on a date, then you can look at each month as the price does vary (keepign in mind weather).

You are allowed one pricing change per booking without losing any benefits.

Edited by cruisenfever