Specialty Restaurant Reservations

Yankee Doodle

I've always made our specialty reservations online before sailing and always secured the times that worked best for us.

On our Eclipse 14-day cruise next March, we will have obc from our travel agent, our Royal Credit card and an Celebrity obc from a future cruise cert. we are using.

I was thinking we would wait until we are onboard to secure these dining reservations, so we could use some of our accumulated obc.

What are your experiences as far as getting a dining timer that works for you? I've heard that online prices tend to be higher. Not sure if this is true or not.

Thanks for your input.

Nancy

We have been in the same situation and decided to wait until we got on board. There was not a problem securing reservations. We got a 20% discount the first night but paid regular price on the other two. There were no additional discounts available. Murano was $50 and the others were $45 for dinner.

Hi Nancy. My advice would be to make your reservations as soon as possible once you get onboard if you want specific or more popular times.

Edited by jaysonlf

I've always made our specialty reservations online before sailing and always secured the times that worked best for us.

On our Eclipse 14-day cruise next March, we will have obc from our travel agent, our Royal Credit card and an Celebrity obc from a future cruise cert. we are using.

I was thinking we would wait until we are onboard to secure these dining reservations, so we could use some of our accumulated obc.

What are your experiences as far as getting a dining timer that works for you? I've heard that online prices tend to be higher. Not sure if this is true or not.

Thanks for your input.

Nancy

Hi Nancy. Not sure if this helps, but I was online this week trying to book specialty restaurants for our November 2015 cruise and the only slot available was 9:30. Whether that means they are almost sold out already or its just that Celebrity keeps slots back for travellers who book on board, I'm unsure. Certainly waiting until you're on board will mean you can use your OBC and as others have mentioned, get the benefit of reduced rates.

We have never had a problem getting a reservation once on the ship; however we are very flexible about the time-anywhere from 7:00-8:30 is fine for us.

Also we have always gotten a discount, in fact on our cruise last month they stopped us in the stairway offering a discount for that night-we were already doing a discounted dinner at Ocean Liners so they gave us a discount for Tuscan for the next night.

First thing when we get on, well second thing as the first is getting a toddy! We head to Murano and buy the 3 night package and use the OBC to cover it. It was $99.00 each last Nov, no need to chance not getting what we want for another $3-4 discount, then we book the 3 nights and have never had a problem getting the day and times we were asking for.

We have a group of 16 from the Roll Call going back to Silk Harvest again this yr.

Thanks for your input.

Nancy

We've not had a problem on the Eclipse. If anything we got discounts of up to 30% when booking on board.

We've not had a problem on the Eclipse. If anything we got discounts of up to 30% when booking on board.

If you book online before the cruise you will pay for the specialty restaurants (or anything else) by credit card that is billed at the time of booking. If you wait until you get onboard, you can use your OBC and there is not a separate credit card charge as before. After reading further I see others have already given the same advice about OBCs.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Until the introduction of Luminae, we ate only in the specialty restaurants so I got to understand the booking system well. Celebrity only ever offer on reservation is any timeslot in advance online. This means that most inventory is available for booking on board.

To get the slots you want, you can usually bok before you board by finding the specialty dining desk in the check-in hall. It is usually situated next to the suite check-in desk and few people, other than suite guests, find it.