Pacific Coastal booking advice

millergj

Looking to book a Pacific Coastal cruise on April 24, 2016 out of San Francisco. Any advice on when the best time to book would be. Thought it might me on the Sip and Sail cruise but it was not. Have cruised but not on Princess so not familiar with the sales.

Looking to book a Pacific Coastal cruise on April 24, 2016 out of San Francisco. Any advice on when the best time to book would be. Thought it might me on the Sip and Sail cruise but it was not. Have cruised but not on Princess so not familiar with the sales.

Hi,

We did this cruise in April 2014. I don't know that there is a "best" time to book. If you want a particular cabin, book now. If there is a price drop, Princess or your TA will generally be able to honor it before final payment. We got a great price and some OBC, but booked after final payment. Our choices of cabins were limited, but we didn't mind. Enjoys he cruise. It was a very relaxing way to spend Spring Break.

Hi,

We did this cruise in April 2014. I don't know that there is a "best" time to book. If you want a particular cabin, book now. If there is a price drop, Princess or your TA will generally be able to honor it before final payment. We got a great price and some OBC, but booked after final payment. Our choices of cabins were limited, but we didn't mind. Enjoys he cruise. It was a very relaxing way to spend Spring Break.

How was the weather?

How was the weather?

I just did the April pacific coastal (vancouver return) which went as far south as Long Beach/San Pedro. It was COLD until we were south of San Francisco and then it warmed up. The Pacific Ocean is cold most of the time - it isn't like the Caribbean.

If you really want to sail on this cruise I say book as soon as possible and watch prices. If you don't book and wait too long you could be out of luck. :)

Weather, of course, is variable. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and April in California can be very pleasant and spring like, or very rainy. Sadly, for us, the rainy has been missing for the last few years and we have a severe drought but this has made April lovely for cruising. The Pacific, as mentioned, is not warm, but if you are sailing south, Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego and Ensenada, the weather will be warmer as you go south but not hot. Perfect for hiking, bike riding or just strolling around. Ensenada was quite warm, but not unbearable. It's a really pleasant cruise.

Usually smooth sailing going southbound. Can have bumpy seas going northbound as you'll be sailing against the Alaskan current and any weather to the north can effect the current.

Weather is a crap shoot. We have sailed in April/May/Sept. We have had mostly nice weather but you just don't know. :)

I have just booked a 10 night coastal for Oct 16 (first Princess cruise -very exciting) but I have watching the prices for the Oct 15 sailing and they haven't really moved uo or down, go ahead and book -its a good feeling!!

I know the weather can do anything but generally speaking does anyone know what we could expect in early Oct on a round trip from Vancouver?

Thanks