BLU - S-Class vs. M-Class

KikisDad

On the Summit this past May 3rd we were given a beeper and had to wait aprox ten to fifteen minutes .This happened on four of the six nights we ate in Blu. We usually arrived at the desk between seven and seven thirty looking for a table for two. Last November on the Reflection arriving about the same time we never had a wait..

We've done Aqua on the Eclipse and also on Constellation. We found that we preferred the Eclipse as the space on the Constellation felt very small and crowded. In addition, if you're doing a cruise where it is light in the evening you will miss out on much of the scenery on Connie as they have relatively small round windows whereas the Eclipse has floor to ceiling windows.

Service in both was the same - pretty good most nights. I don't recall having to wait on the Eclipse, but we did have to wait 5-10 minutes on Connie. We usually dine around 7.30-8pm.

We've done it on S class, including Reflection...which has a few more seats than other S ships...and also Connie..

we liked the layout best on Connie..and they had a great chef,

In all our BLU experiences, service and food always excellent and never had a beeper...we dine early....wish they served waffles at breakfast!

ps..I do not know what the purple face is on the title BLU, and cant remove it?...

Edited by hcat

We have done Blu on the Eclipse and Infinity. Loved Blu first time on the Eclipse, the second time, the first week was a disappointment but picked up for the second week. Loved Blu on the Infinity though we did have to wait for a table a couple of times but were seated within 10-15 mins. Staff were wonderful in both, the Maitre D certainly know their business and address you by name by your second or certainly third visit :):), it's these little touches that count. M class Blu is smaller which is probably why there are occasional waits for a table. We pick Aqua primarily because of Blu if the price is right!

I think Blu on the M class is a better experience. It is a smaller venue, better managed and calmer.

We've been in Aqua staterooms on both M- and S-class ships, and I prefer Blu on the M-class ships. The fact that Blu on the M-class ships is smaller in size is a plus for me.

Put us down for preferring Blu on the M class too. We have been on Eclipse twice and thought it was not as good, particularly the cruise we sailed on just 4 weeks ago. A couple of entrees were just meh and one was inedible. I hope Millennium will be as good as we remember because we are booked for 44 days on her. The Lobster on formal night (Millennium) was outstanding, best lobster we have ever had on the seas.