e mail re internet offers

hcat

Received an e mail today with various offers to buy internet packages pre -cruise....ranging from one full day etc....

not able to copy and paste or take screen shot successfully....sorry!

if anyone else received it, maybe they can post it.....

if not, I will try to re cap the price list in another post...

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your upcoming cruise and want you to enjoy it to the fullest. With this in mind, we have created a number of stay-in-touch options, so you can stay connected with family and friends on land and have peace of mind during your time with us.

INTERNET PACKAGES* - NEW! Now available for purchase pre-cruise

Item Browsing: $59 for 90 minutes

Item Social: $109 for 240 minutes

Item Day Pass: $59 per day (one full day of continuous access)

Item Unlimited: $299 for a 6-9 day voyage; $349 for a 10-14 day voyage

Item As you go: $.79 per minute (pay by the minute) Only available on board

Book Now

MOBILE

Item Thanks to Wireless Maritime Services, you can now use your cell phone to

stay connected while at sea. Just remember to pack your charger!

AT&T® CRUISE SHIP PACKAGES

Item We offer special Discount Cruise Ship packages to AT&T customers. Choose from

three options: calling only, calling and messaging, or calling, messaging, and data.

Learn More

STATEROOM PHONE

Item You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day at a

rate of $7.95 USD per minute.

Friends and family can also contact the ship:

U.S. Residents: 877-266-1020. Cost: $7.95 USD per minute

From outside the U.S.: 321-953-9002. Cost: $7.95 USD per minute.

Additional long distance charges will also apply.

Thanks.for posting this.,,(.someday I will figure out why even the easy stuff eludes me....dh says "operator error" but at least I try!)

Hope folks who sign up ahead are made aware of just how slow the internet is on board the ships...most of the time...but some of the basic plans should be okay for folks who do not plan extensive online efforts...there are also ways to compose off line before actually being connected....and almost all ports have free wi fi spots somewhere.

Some may opt for more or upgrade via BIG BETTER BEST!

we get 200 min each as part of Elite Plus, so we will never use it all...even on a longer cruise..unless needed for emergency ....hope never!

. We used to be very frustrated using onboard internet to check on home, pets, etc and for printing out boarding passes......

Edited by hcat

In April, on Equinox, we had unlimited internet as part of our RS package. We could not believe how good the speed was compared to October on the Solstice.

I don't know if they have upgraded or if it was due to location of the ship (Caribbean/Pacific).

Ridiculously overpriced no matter what the speed. Double the per day price of their sister line RCL. On Quantum recently high speed for TWO devices was a total of $180 for 9 days V $299 for 1 here.

Me thinks Celebrity are just setting everyone up to think they are getting a bargain by selecting the internet as one of their offerings with the new BBB prices.

Hope everyone treats this price with the disdain it deserves.

Ridiculously overpriced no matter what the speed. Double the per day price of their sister line RCL. On Quantum recently high speed for TWO devices was a total of $180 for 9 days V $299 for 1 here.

Me thinks Celebrity are just setting everyone up to think they are getting a bargain by selecting the internet as one of their offerings with the new BBB prices.

Hope everyone treats this price with the disdain it deserves.

You are correct, the prices on Anthem etc were fantastic compared to this.

Not sure why Celebrity cannot offer the same?

Thanks.for posting this.,,(.someday I will figure out why even the easy stuff eludes me....dh says "operator error" but at least I try!)

Hope folks who sign up ahead are made aware of just how slow the internet is on board the ships...most of the time...but some of the basic plans should be okay for folks who do not plan extensive online efforts...there are also ways to compose off line before actually being connected....and almost all ports have free wi fi spots somewhere.

we get 200 min each as part of Elite Plus, so we will never use it all...even on a longer cruise..unless needed for emergency ....hope never!

. We used to be very frustrated using onboard internet to check on home, pets, etc and for printing out boarding passes......

You do get discounts from the unlimited prices based on captains club level - 30% for elite and 35% for Elite+.

You do get discounts from the unlimited prices based on captains club level - 30% for elite and 35% for Elite+.

Since we get internet discounts onboard for being Captain's Club members and have OBC to use, why would we consider buying before we sail? I really wish Celebrity would rethink their policy of not allowing guests to charge purchases to their OBC prior to sailing. :confused: It makes things so much smoother once onboard to have everything already taken care of but I don't want to be spending more out of pocket than necessary. Especially now with seemingly higher OBC (we have a total of $675 for our next B2B and $950 for our upcoming 14 day cruise), I see no reason to pre-book anything.

Since we get internet discounts onboard for being Captain's Club members and have OBC to use, why would we consider buying before we sail? I really wish Celebrity would rethink their policy of not allowing guests to charge purchases to their OBC prior to sailing. :confused: It makes things so much smoother once onboard to have everything already taken care of but I don't want to be spending more out of pocket than necessary. Especially now with seemingly higher OBC (we have a total of $675 for our next B2B and $950 for our upcoming 14 day cruise), I see no reason to pre-book anything.

Seems like a standard e mail they are sending out ...our cruise is not til January,

We have plenty of minutes as E +...and use free wi fi in ports as helvic points out...no cost...On board we mostly use it to print boarding passes if we are flying...and dh has an online game he checks into now and then...

lucky you with so much OBC..that'd keep me busy at the spa and stores!..Hope that continuesrp for you under the new BBB program...

As said previously, compared to Royal, these prices are extortionate. I blog daily on board..... well I did on Royal, this will be my first, and likely last, cruise on Celebrity. I'll be Elite so the discount will be welcome but as a hefty chunk of my OBC will be spent on this, if not all, the rest of my on board spend is going to be limited as a result. Sigh.

I got this email and I don't sail until next April. These prices are the same that were charged on Infinity this past April. Where's the incentive here???

There is NO incentive, and you are correct, the prices are the same as you pay onboard. Another silly marketing ploy to spend lots of $$$ before your cruise. X is coming close to losing our business, with their overpriced internet, high drink prices, pricy specialty restaurants, crowded MDR, and now increased fares.

We'll keep our Oct sailing, but not sure I will be coming back..... :(

I got that email and I took it to mean that the first item, the "browsing, $59 for 90 minutes" to mean that you could use those 90 minutes here and there over the course of your cruise. That makes it more appealing to me than Royal Caribbean, where every package is for unlimited internet for a set amount of time, like 24 hours or 4 days or whatever one you choose. I don't need continuous internet, just a bit here and there to check on things and to check in for my flight home.