Self assist question

Some ships allow you to have your luggage sent straight to your airline for $20 per person. You sign up for it during the cruise. So after you put your luggage in the hallway the last night, you don't see it again until you arrive at your final airport.

That would allow you to debark with only your carryons.

We always do self assist debarkation now. But please people, if you do self assist, be sure you can handle your luggage. It's frustrating to be behind someone who has more than they can handle & has to stop every few feet because something fell off their stack of luggage.

We always do self assist debarkation now. But please people, if you do self assist, be sure you can handle your luggage. It's frustrating to be behind someone who has more than they can handle & has to stop every few feet because something fell off their stack of luggage.

Wish crewmembers would stop people who are really not equipped to do self debarkation, and guide them to go in another direction so as not to hold up everyone else.

Not only do you need to be able to handle luggage on the escalator, on Sensation we were in a lounge a deck above the atrium and had to go down a flight of stairs.

We always self assist, but this is the first time we've had to navigate stairs, but we managed.

My husband and I do not do self-assist... we prefer to sit back and wait until the crowd has thinned out. Plus I need a cane for assistance. Anyway, since the self-assist program began, we find that getting off the ship is taking longer and longer due to this process. We have found (by watching) that there are many people who are trying to lug 'huge' bags by themselves - sometimes 2 or 3 at the same time. They have their luggage, their heavy coats (if it's cold out), their coolers, their computer bags, their bags of 'purchases' from the cruise, etc... We have seen people run into others - roll over toes - people knocked to the ground - pushing and shoving - ALL with their bags leading the way. (on our last cruise, an elderly man had to have the doctor called due to a woman who ran over him with her large rolling bag.) Honestly, I wish that Carnival would come up with a better way for debarkation. There has to be an easier way to end the madness caused by self-assist!

We have seen this happen many times.

Self assist is scheduled for first off. We normally self assist but wait til the crowd has thinned.

Actually that is what we did also...

Had breakfast on ship...then went to lobby and walked right off with our luggage.

No lines at all. Thought the Glory did a great job, well organized and smooth.

Now sitting at Miami airport waiting for our 2:00 flight.

Is there a size limit luggage needs to be to do self-assist when disembarking?

The only size limit is what you are able to carry yourself. Don't pack 3 large bags each and not be able to carry them.

Last cruise we flew southwest and were able to fly with 2 bags and I really wanted to but I knew we would self assist and I talked myself out of it because I knew we would have to carry them off the ship on our own.

What time do you have to be out of your cabins? And leave the ship? Breeze out of Port of Miami.

We'd be able to handle our luggage for self-assist, and we don't have to be at the airport until 12:00, so we are not in any rush to get off. But don't really want to lug our things around before we actually leave the ship (like, to go eat breakfast.)

Even though we typically drive home, we check our big luggage & only have our small carryon with us. Too many times have seen people having difficulty with their luggage hampering people in front of them. Now to deal with the sea of luggage is another challenge, lol ;) .