Cruise ships in Alaska 6/18 and 6/19

boulder-girl

Hello! I hope this is ok to post here.

I was on a small expedition-style ship in Alaska in June, and I plan to write a review of that here soon, but first off I though you guys might be interested in a few pics I took of cruise ships that we passed as we were sailing.

First, in Glacier Bay, the Norwegian Pearl, passing very close to us at South Marble Island. This was taken on June 18.

norwegianpearl-glacierbay-1024px_zpst59flvad.jpg

Just a little bit later, also on June 18, in Glacier Bay, the Star Princess.

starprincess-glacierbay-1024px_zpsxvikoiip.jpg

The next day we were still in Glacier Bay, and the Zaandam passed nearby. (June 19.)

zaandam-glacierbay-1024px_zpsjcrk81nn.jpg

And then finally, that evening, after we'd left Glacier Bay and were en route to Juneau, we were stopped watching a bunch of humpback whales in the water when the Coral Princess sailed by. (June 19)

coralprincess-alaska-1024px_zpsnjmkn0fi.jpg

Hope you guys like! :)

Were any of you on any of these ships we passed??

I can't wait to come back and post more details about my own trip soon. What an awesome place Alaska is.

Beautiful pics. What ship were you on? I took a small ship expedition with National Geographic (40 passengers) in Southeast a few years ago. It was one of the best trips DH and I have ever taken. The ship left from Sitka and ended in Juneau. The highlights were not the ports--just the wilderness areas. Not to say that the big ship cruises aren't as good, just different ways to experience Southeast AK.

Beautiful pics. What ship were you on? I took a small ship expedition with National Geographic (40 passengers) in Southeast a few years ago. It was one of the best trips DH and I have ever taken. The ship left from Sitka and ended in Juneau. The highlights were not the ports--just the wilderness areas. Not to say that the big ship cruises aren't as good, just different ways to experience Southeast AK.

One more, for you. ;)

National Geographic's Sea Bird, June 13, just outside of Sitka

natgeo-seabird-1024px_zpshvfj3dnh.jpg

We were on Un-Cruise's Wilderness Adventurer on a trip from Sitka to Juneau. Here was our ship...photo taken from a paddleboard in Idaho Inlet and featuring my 8yo.

wilderness-adventurer-1024px_zpsrfzuznfj.jpg

:) You were in Alaska while I was, but I was on the Jewel of the Seas, unfortunately. Wasn't it absolutely gorgeous weather???

The weather was incredible! Our guides kept telling us, "It's not usually like this!" We had sun every day but one. And even our one overcast day it didn't rain, it was just cloudy.

Ummm - WOW!! Amazing!

I am curious what company you went with.

We went with a company called Un-Cruise. Our ship was 60 passengers, 25 crew, and we spent the week kayaking, paddleboarding, and hiking around various spots in the northern part of the Inside Passage.

We went with a company called Un-Cruise. Our ship was 60 passengers, 25 crew, and we spent the week kayaking, paddleboarding, and hiking around various spots in the northern part of the Inside Passage.

Thank you! I have heard wonderful things about Un-cruise! Sounds like an amazing time in Alaska. Can't wait to see more pics!

We met some people on the Taku glacier and meal excision who were leaving the bext day on one the "un-crise" ships. Two of th were in the port and it looked like such an interesting ship and trip. Maybe if I win the lottery we can do one of these!