Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

The Oriental steam room is rather steamy…..

CS0782.JPG

CS0781.JPG

After a couple hours at the spa, it was time for our dinner. Here are Patti and I at tonight’s dinner…..

CS0789.JPG

CS0790.JPG

Tonight Patti tried the Red Blend Gifft Wine. She didn’t care for it that much…..

CS0791.JPG

We both started off with the shrimp cocktail, Of course I had two orders…..

CS0792.JPG

To be continued…..

I also had an order of spring rolls…..

CS0793.JPG

Patti also had the fruit cocktail…..

CS0794.JPG

We both had the seafood Newberg. Patti doesn’t care for the mussels, so I was happy to take them…..

CS0795.JPG

For dessert, we both had the coconut cake, along with our favorite ice creams…..

CS0804.JPG

Tonight, the dining room danced to Hot, Hot, Hot…..

CS0796.JPG

After dinner Patti went to check emails, and then went back to the cabin. I played blackjack until 11:30 or so, winning a little bit. Here is tonight’s towel animal…..

CS0805.JPG

Coming up next: Paradise on earth, Half Moon Cay!!

My name is Jenn, and I wanted to introduce myself , as I am a big fan of your reviews for many years now. I usually just sit back and read, never really commenting on to many things, but I get so much enjoyment from reading about your adventures, I feel it would be rude not to say hello. I love your wife's photos , she really tells a story of the trip in her pictures alone. Congrats to your son on his recent graduation. I am a New Englander myself, and because of your reviews, I am tempted to sail out of NYC. Thanks again for putting your many trip reviews together, I look forward to you next Breeze cruise!

My name is Jenn, and I wanted to introduce myself , as I am a big fan of your reviews for many years now. I usually just sit back and read, never really commenting on to many things, but I get so much enjoyment from reading about your adventures, I feel it would be rude not to say hello. I love your wife's photos , she really tells a story of the trip in her pictures alone. Congrats to your son on his recent graduation. I am a New Englander myself, and because of your reviews, I am tempted to sail out of NYC. Thanks again for putting your many trip reviews together, I look forward to you next Breeze cruise!

Thank you so much for reading, and for your kind words. Everyone needs to sail out of New York at least once!

Awesome pics. Can't wait to see more :)

Thanks for reading! Much more to come.

Couple questions....do you have to pay to use those Lanconium chairs in the spa? If so, how much?

Also, do all the cabins have refrigerators?

Thank you...loving the review!

In order to use the Lanconium, Tepiderium, steam rooms, or T-pool, use must be in a spa cabin, or purchase a day or weekly pass. A day pass was $40 pp. if available. A weekly pass is priced by how many days on the cruise. On our 8 day cruise the weekly pass was $189 pp, and a couples pass was $349.

All cabins on the Splendor have the mini fridges.

Edited by Jamman54

Oh, oh, oh...I LOVE GT as you both do ...have never ventured further than the beach except to visit the conch graveyard and I have some beautiful conch shells at our summer camp! I am LOVING "going on this cruise with you." Patti looks so CONTENT! Bucket list is booking a cruise with you both! Can't wait to hear about HMC! :)

Oh, oh, oh...I LOVE GT as you both do ...have never ventured further than the beach except to visit the conch graveyard and I have some beautiful conch shells at our summer camp! I am LOVING "going on this cruise with you." Patti looks so CONTENT! Bucket list is booking a cruise with you both! Can't wait to hear about HMC! :)

Hey Karry!! It's great to have you along with us!!

FYI, there's still room on the Breeze next month and the Sunshine next year. :D

Hey Karry!! It's great to have you along with us!!

FYI, there's still room on the Breeze next month and the Sunshine next year. :D

We don't do summer cruises. :( Have to wait for Patti to retire, then we will do a celebration cruise WHILE school is in session! :p Got an offer for Pride in January, 11 day...counting dimes and nickels! :eek::rolleyes: Would love to cruise on Breeze, but my heart is set on Liberty!

Cornbread? I think not……..

CS0084.JPG

Here is a close up of the “cornbread” for my cruise review buddy gapearl, because I know how she just LOVES Carnival’s “cornbread”! Lol…..

CS0085.JPG

I just had to pause in the middle of reading your review to LOL at this! :p Nope, that's not cornbread! Of course I'm enjoying your review. Gosh the price of parking is crazy expensive in NY! I can't wait to get to your sail away pictures. I'm thinking of the Sunshine from New York next year.

I just had to pause in the middle of reading your review to LOL at this! :p Nope, that's not cornbread! Of course I'm enjoying your review. Gosh the price of parking is crazy expensive in NY! I can't wait to get to your sail away pictures. I'm thinking of the Sunshine from New York next year.

I love reading both of your reviews and hope to be able to sail with you two! You guys are a blast and have the best reviews! Thanks for taking the time out to share your experiences with us all.

Another excellent review! Many thanks, Jeff, for all the effort (and thank Patti, too....after all, she took most of the photos of you enjoying yourself!)

A lot of people dog the SPLENDOR because she doesn't have all the bells and whistles some of the other ships have. I personally found her to be very comfortable, spotless, well-maintained, and a good sea boat. Unlike some ships I've been on – ships that are more like amusement parks at sea – SPLENDOR left no doubt that we were on a ship.

Again, thank you, sir!

-Russ

I know that they have it, but I have never gotten it. Sorry, I don't have any details. Maybe someone who reads this could chime in. I will be back in GT next month so I will definitely check it out.

Look at the 4th photo in post #209:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47156930&postcount=209

CS0527.jpg

The sign on the door is mentioning an All Inclusive "Party Pass" for $50.

Maybe with the original higher resolution photo you could zoom in to see the details. :)

I just happened to see this when looking at the pictures and know nothing about it myself.

Hey Kim!! Happy to see you following along! As soon as we saw the "Cornbread" sign, we immediately thought of you. :D

Hope you get to do the Sunshine next year out of NYC, and hope you pick August 1st, which is the only cruise going to Amber Cove from there next year.

CS0527.jpg

The sign on the door is mentioning an All Inclusive "Party Pass" for $50.

Maybe with the original higher resolution photo you could zoom in to see the details. :)

I just happened to see this when looking at the pictures and know nothing about it myself.

Good catch Carl!! I did get a better view with the original picture, but still couldn't make out the details.

I love reading both of your reviews and hope to be able to sail with you two! You guys are a blast and have the best reviews! Thanks for taking the time out to share your experiences with us all.

Thanks for reading, and your kind words!