Balcony dinning

jerseyaxn

Any CC folks do the UBD on a Royal/Regal "normal" balcony? Curious about how it worked out. Our UBD food experience has been excellent, but we're wondering about the service set up since we'll be on the Royal this fall. Thanks.

Here's what I posted on another thread which includes photos & more UBD info...it worked well for us on the Royal. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233342

We had the UBD on the Royal during sailaway from Barcelona & there was enough room for us to enjoy it again.

We've had the UBD on a large (9'x9') Caribe deck balcony, on a standard balcony (9'x5'), inside our balcony cabin and on the Royal's smaller (9'x4') balcony. All of our UBDs were along the railing (except obviously not when forced inside by inclement weather) and they are all the same width so the only difference is how much room is between your table & your cabin's door.

On standard Royal-class balconies with a foot of less depth that results in less room for the server but they are still able to provide your food from the open sliding glass door. It is also more difficult if the person not seated next to the open door wants to go into the cabin but we were able to do it. Yes, it is less room but nothing that prevented us from enjoying the UBD on the Royal's smaller balcony any less than on larger balconies. :)

Okay, you've sold me, I'm doing this on our Grand to Hawaii next Fall:)

Maybe they'll give you a money back guarantee?? :p

Seriously, hope you'll enjoy it as much as us & we had it during the late evening in Honolulu at sunset on our portside balcony. The UBD & the fun Keiki (children) hula performance in the Princess Theater was a great evening for us because we've already seen what we want on Oahu.

Maybe they'll give you a money back guarantee?? :p

Seriously, hope you'll enjoy it as much as us & we had it during the late evening in Honolulu at sunset on our portside balcony. The UBD & the fun Keiki (children) hula performance in the Princess Theater was a great evening for us because we've already seen what we want on Oahu.

That is where we will probably choose as well, since were docked until eleven pm. DH will golf that day, and I will either enjoy the semi-empty ship, or find an excursion myself. Plus we have an aft premium corner balcony on the Caribe deck, so that should make for a great view of the port, the sunset...something! :D