BVE on Golden Princess 7-11-15

trbarton

I did another BVE today on the Golden Princess today in San Francisco. The ship looks great. My first stop was to visit the Horizon Buffet to document how it looks especially without any people in the photos except the buffet staff. Here's photos of the new buffet that was completely rebuilt during the recent dry dock in San Francisco. Everything is brand new.

DSC_0905_zpspgxaewss.jpg

DSC_0906_zpsnk9rdlrd.jpg

DSC_0907_zpsyxxkfwlt.jpg

DSC_0908_zpsbcso5zo6.jpg

DSC_0910_zps9mp5rtvi.jpg

DSC_0911_zpsu0bvoxjc.jpg

Tom

Thanks for posting. We are going on BVE 7/21 aboard the Golden in SF. Do you know if we can immediately have lunch? Have to pick up my kids back in Oakland by 2:15 and was wondering. Hoping to get someone to pick them up so we don't have to rush.

Here's more photos around the ship.

DSC_0956_zpstwofvsnn.jpg

DSC_0957_zps2nmrmkau.jpg

DSC_0901_zpstp3erb8u.jpg

DSC_0902_zpsu8j4nrql.jpg

Below is what I found in a flee market. Easily attaches to my belt loop and contains any items that I need while off the ship, Photo ID, CC Card, Cruise Card and anything else that I need.

IMG_21391_zpspvjimyod.jpg

Hope that you enjoyed my photos. Feel free to ask any questions.

On my next post I provide some information that I learned about things going on like the new photo offer.

Tom:D

Hello Tom great pictures, I like this ship very much. I am sad to see it leave the west coast. You did a great job showing different parts of the ship. We { my wife and I } and her parents will be going to Alaska Aug.30th with you. I think that you being able to do the BVE is wonderful. We sailed on the Golden after the remodel on May 2,2015. The ship looks much better now!!.

Edited by sjfrany

Hi Tom, thanks as always for posting photo updates. I did the BVE on 6/20? and when I walked into the atrium, the two guys playing the violin and accordion down on 5 were soo loud, :eek: I was shocked nobody on staff noticed and the CD Marschall (sp)? walked right by. Did you notice that today? Also, those 4 column lights that go from deck 5 to 7 on either side of the piano had 15 lights out in random order. We mentioned it to the girl in the perfume shop and she called it in immediately. Good thing we as BVE got on early to fine tune the ship before the mad rush!! :D

Mark

Edited by MTJSR

Thanks for posting. We are going on BVE 7/21 aboard the Golden in SF. Do you know if we can immediately have lunch? Have to pick up my kids back in Oakland by 2:15 and was wondering. Hoping to get someone to pick them up so we don't have to rush.

Lunch starts at Noon in the DR.

Princess is doing a test photo package on the Golden. Since it is a test it may or not be offered to other cruises on the Golden according to the photo manager I talked with today. They don't know from one cruise to the next. It's $100 for all photos taken and applies to all people in a stateroom. It's only for the portrait photos that they take. Additional copies are $5 and a digital file can be purchased for $25 after the purchase of the $100 package. If your doing a Back to Back cruise you will have to purchase an additional package.

Tom:cool:

Hi Tom

We are sailing on Golden Princess from Melbourne on the 8th march 2016 for a 14 night pacific Island cruise so really appreciate the pictures of the refurbished ship

Regards

John

Yes the lunch in the MDR is only between 12 - 1:30 pm. The buffet is open anytime. I would allow 1-1/2 hrs for lunch. We didn't get on board until almost 12 noon.

Good luck!

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

Hi Tom, thanks as always for posting photo updates. I did the BVE on 6/20? and when I walked into the atrium, the two guys playing the violin and accordion down on 5 were soo loud, :eek: I was shocked nobody on staff noticed and the CD Marschall (sp)? walked right by. Did you notice that today? Also, those 4 column lights that go from deck 5 to 7 on either side of the piano had 15 lights out in random order. We mentioned it to the girl in the perfume shop and she called it in immediately. Good thing we as BVE got on early to fine tune the ship before the mad rush!! :D

Mark

The music was not loud in my opinion.

Tom

Lunch starts at Noon in the DR.

Yes the lunch in the MDR is only between 12 - 1:30 pm. The buffet is open anytime. I would allow 1-1/2 hrs for lunch. We didn't get on board until almost 12 noon.

Good luck!

Tom:)

Thank you both. Will give it a go. Primary purpose for us is to do a Future Cruise Deposit so lunch is not too important. REALLY nice shots by the way!

Ann-Marie :)

Edited by PurpleRose23

My husband and I were having lunch on Pier 23 today with The Golden right in front of us. We walked to the water side of Pier 27 and watched The Golden sail away. I have to admit it was a bit strange watching her sail and not being on it. It was such a perfect day, weather-wise. I'm sure everyone had a great sail away under the Golden Gate bridge.