Enchantment RCL - Inside cabins

Interested in recommendations of cabin 8081 and 8077 ...

Didn't have a great experience this past week on a 4n Bahamas cruise on the Enchantment - Balcony Deck 7.

I'm on the fence with cancelling my holiday cruise in December of this year due to my dislike of the ship etc.

Recommendations?

Not sure what those rooms are because I don't feel like looking it up, but I'm assuming they're insides??? I also think (from what I've read, not based on my own experience), that 4 night trips and older ships have a very different vibe than the longer trips on newer (or just bigger) ships. If you didn't like the feel of the ship, it probably had more to do with that than whether you had a balcony or an inside. I personally think balconies are overrated. I paid for them on both my cruises and really got no benefit from them other than more natural light. Not worth double the price to me, so if you're like me, an inside will be just fine because you're going to be spending more time on the ship than in the room. That being said, maybe you should book a different ship so you can ensure you'll be happier with the feel of the ship. Maybe a voyager or freedom class?

Didn't have a great experience this past week on a 4n Bahamas cruise on the Enchantment - Balcony Deck 7.

I'm on the fence with cancelling my holiday cruise in December of this year due to my dislike of the ship etc.

Recommendations?

Why are you even asking? Just this afternoon you trashed Enchantment on your recent cruise. You said you hated it, it was disgusting and needed major work, and it might be your last cruise. Your final 2 words were FILTH! FILTH!

Sounds to me like you should cancel and book elsewhere. You list NCL as your favorite cruise line so why not book with them?

Was it the cabin that ruined your experience or was it the ship. Can't see how an inside is going to be a better experience than a balcony.

Take a look at post #7 under the thread Just off Enchantment 6/26-6/29 mini review. That pretty much should answer your question.

Recommendations?

if you were unhappy on your recent cruise in a balcony cabin, I can't imagine that you will be any more satisfied in an inside cabin. As you mentioned, perhaps you should consider canceling the cruise and sailing either a different Royal Caribbean ship or a different cruise line.

Good luck what ever you decide.

M

As for my last cruise the cabin ruined it for me, yes! Th

It was dirty Upon arrival and there was a moldy shower curtain, dust bunnies all over the place as well as mold. I guess I was just not used to dealing with that on my previous cruises. As for me saying my fave is NCL ... actually Princess and DCL were and are my faves esp after this cruise.

I asked about it only because I booked a December cruise last year for this upcoming Christmas holiday and didn't know about the ship until this past sailing which was a spur of the moment one with friends and family. They had issues with their rooms too so it wasn't just me. I was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe it was just my steward and maybe he isn't good at his job or whatever. And maybe having another steward would be better on a diff floor. I don't want to cancel just yet that's why I'm asking.

Yes. I had a balcony and my other booking is 2 insides.

And yes cruisingsince94, I did say that and entitled to that opinion of the ship. I sure did. I'm trying to give the cruise line the benefit of the doubt. Is that so wrong? No need to answer in a snippy way ;-)

Edited by ge0rgette2

With what you just explained above, I'd say you're safer booking something else. Your original question maybe confused other people who had seen another thread of yours, so maybe the explanation you just gave would have been helpful from the beginning, just to clarify what it was you were asking. The way you wrote it made it sound like you were asking about balconies vs insides when really what you were wondering is if your room cleanliness was an isolated incident and whether you should give the ship another chance. That wasn't clear at all from your post, which probably could have left out the room numbers and the type of room altogether.

Anyway, since you are hoping that maybe it was just your room steward and your problem seems to be the room itself, not the ship, I WOULD have said, try it again if all else was good. However you also mention others in your party in different cabins had similar issues, so it sounds like the standards on the ship are just below what you desire. Possibly because it's an older ship that caters to people who may not notice that as much since they aren't on the ship for the whole week. And maybe it just collects more dust as the years go by. Or maybe it's due for a refurbishment soon so they aren't bothering to do as much as usual. Who knows. Either way, since the cleanliness and feel of your room is the issue, and the issue seemed to be ship wide and not just your one room, try a newer ship, maybe one that is older but recently refurbished (which means it probably also got a deeper cleaning). Again I'd suggest a voyager class ship. I think Navigator just got a refurbishment and looks really nice from the pictures people have posted. Or maybe even try the Indy, if you want a shorter trip. I think Indendence does 5 days cruises.

I think if you were that dissatisfied on the same ship, there's not much point in going on it again unless you can overlook that stuff and still enjoy the rest of the ship. Maybe now that your expectations are low, you'd find you enjoy it more next time. Otherwise, pick a different ship.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I did Enchantment in 2010 (Balcony) and in 2014 (Inside). Both times I found the ship and stateroom to be in great shape, no complaints.

Your experience was obviously not the norm, or Enchantment wouldn't be sailing anymore. However, you seem so displeased, I don't even understand why you'd want to cruise on Enchantment a second time. Sounds like you'd be looking for trouble.

PS: My cruises include Royal, Celebrity, Princess, an old Carnival - never found a good reason to complain about any of them.

With what you just explained above, I'd say you're safer booking something else. Your original question maybe confused other people who had seen another thread of yours, so maybe the explanation you just gave would have been helpful from the beginning, just to clarify what it was you were asking. The way you wrote it made it sound like you were asking about balconies vs insides when really what you were wondering is if your room cleanliness was an isolated incident and whether you should give the ship another chance. That wasn't clear at all from your post, which probably could have left out the room numbers and the type of room altogether.

Anyway, since you are hoping that maybe it was just your room steward and your problem seems to be the room itself, not the ship, I WOULD have said, try it again if all else was good. However you also mention others in your party in different cabins had similar issues, so it sounds like the standards on the ship are just below what you desire. Possibly because it's an older ship that caters to people who may not notice that as much since they aren't on the ship for the whole week. And maybe it just collects more dust as the years go by. Or maybe it's due for a refurbishment soon so they aren't bothering to do as much as usual. Who knows. Either way, since the cleanliness and feel of your room is the issue, and the issue seemed to be ship wide and not just your one room, try a newer ship, maybe one that is older but recently refurbished (which means it probably also got a deeper cleaning). Again I'd suggest a voyager class ship. I think Navigator just got a refurbishment and looks really nice from the pictures people have posted. Or maybe even try the Indy, if you want a shorter trip. I think Indendence does 5 days cruises.

I think if you were that dissatisfied on the same ship, there's not much point in going on it again unless you can overlook that stuff and still enjoy the rest of the ship. Maybe now that your expectations are low, you'd find you enjoy it more next time. Otherwise, pick a different ship.

We are only doing a 3night in December, so isn't much choice in RCL ships this time around --- But you are right -- maybe my expectations were high as it was my first time on the ship --- could be my stewards issue too -- i'm sure alot of factors come into play! :)

I'm going to see about my booking today/this morning and see what i find out about the stewards in that area, even though they change, and maybe see how the inside cabins I have reserved are cleaner, etc.. :)

I did Enchantment in 2010 (Balcony) and in 2014 (Inside). Both times I found the ship and stateroom to be in great shape, no complaints.

Your experience was obviously not the norm, or Enchantment wouldn't be sailing anymore. However, you seem so displeased, I don't even understand why you'd want to cruise on Enchantment a second time. Sounds like you'd be looking for trouble.

PS: My cruises include Royal, Celebrity, Princess, an old Carnival - never found a good reason to complain about any of them.

I had booked the December cruise last year for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

This was a spur of the moment cruise on the same ship :)

I've never had issues on any cruise line, like i said, i'm not a cruise snob and I know things happen --- i guess i'm just trying to give it a second chance and not disappoint my family.

Looks like you should book elsewhere. You hated the room, lots of issues and you said you now dislike this ship. Not sure how different cabin will make you like the ship again.

I didn't get the impression from your previous posts about your recent cruise on EOS that it was a small deal to you.

If your room being dirty is going to tarnish your view of the whole ship and RCI in general, then I don't think booking a different room is going to satisfy you.

I have travelled lots...hotels, cruises, resorts etc and have run into some less than desirable rooms and some clean issues. But not to the point I would not use that hotel chain again or the cruise line etc.

But the same could happen to you on a room with NCL could it not?!

I didnt HATE the room -- just hated that i spent so much money on a balcony room - money I think was too much - that's my opinion :)

That it was dirty, etc... I had in my mind that RCL would be better, higher expectations could have ruined it for me ;)

I didn't hate the ship - had a wonderful time with family and friends.

I know the room is just a room - it could happen in any hotel chain, etc.. I totally agree! :D

That's why i'm researching it more this time before I cancel and go elsewhere --- I don't think me asking my questions or raising concerns that I had, require some to be a bit 'snippy' in their responses...

did you try and RESOLVE the issue of a 'dirty' room with housekeeping and then escalate it up to the staff at Guest services if necessary?

when EN was sailing out of Baltimore on the 6-8 day itineraries she was in great shape, with a friendly, efficient crew

NONE of them were happy about being shunted to FL and suck with the 3 and 4 day itineraries since they knew that they work load had just doubled for basically no increase on compensation.

IMNSHO the short 3/4 day party cruise( on all lines, not just Carnival) are poor examples of the cruising experience.

did you try and RESOLVE the issue of a 'dirty' room with housekeeping and then escalate it up to the staff at Guest services if necessary?

when EN was sailing out of Baltimore on the 6-8 day itineraries she was in great shape, with a friendly, efficient crew

NONE of them were happy about being shunted to FL and suck with the 3 and 4 day itineraries since they knew that they work load had just doubled for basically no increase on compensation.

IMNSHO the short 3/4 day party cruise( on all lines, not just Carnival) are poor examples of the cruising experience.

Yes, of course I did --- I went to GServ and they sent someone to investigate. As I found other things I did call GS.

Should I assume you are implying/saying, the 3/4 'party cruises' crew has double the work so they don't clean?? I did not find this to be a party ship .... lots of kids and families.

I've been on Carnival 3day'ers before, 2 actually.. and i didn't find their rooms to be this way. Older ship or not - that's just wear and tear.

My other past cruises have all been 7-9n cruises on assorted cruise lines.

Did I find my experience with Princess and Disney second to none, yes, but that's my opinion and I wouldn't jump on people that disagreed with me.

I'm just saying that my room was disgusting and wear and tear isn't the issue -- dust and mold is an issue - so maybe the 'crew' should take a few more minutes to do their job is all ;)

And if I asked him to have someone remove the soda/water from the fridge so I may use it for 4 days, shouldn't be such a big deal, in my opinion.

To not make the bed when asked 3x shouldn't be a big deal, but to me it is :)

I want to sit on the couch during the day when getting dressed and ready for dinner, etc. To be that was making it 'easier for him' at night time -- sorry! I feel that way.

I'm not saying he doesn't have other guests, i get that - but I shouldn't have to beg for him to make up the couch everyday, which should be part of his job... just saying!

I know they work hard... I know I tipped him and the rest of the ship - I didn't stiff them or expect any special treatment.

Edited by ge0rgette2

I'm sure them giving you a FCC helped decide that you want to cruise RCCL again...if it wasn't for that,would you honestly go back on EN?:confused:

Actually, no! it's not helping me decide by any means... I just assumed the FCC wouldn't be applied to this cruise anyways - since it's already booked.

Don't be confused - it's not making my decision for me.

It can be applied to any cruise,you already have booked,esp since final payment is not due yet..

I see.

I assumed incorrectly then ....

I never had this issue before.

I guess you've been lucky enough not too.

Not true.

You seem offended that i disliked the Enchantment, i didn't dislike the whole cruise - just my room and the mess i found during my 4nights there :)

Edited by ge0rgette2

You seem offended that i disliked the Enchantment, i didn't dislike the whole cruise - just my room and the mess i found during my 4nights there :)

Wanna quote me where I said that? In fact on your other post, I mentioned having mold in my cabin too..plus other things that I did not mention to you.

I'm sure them giving you a FCC helped decide that you want to cruise RCCL again...if it wasn't for that,would you honestly go back on EN?:confused:

To me as I read this you seemed bothered by me not liking RCL and that money is making me come back, or a discount I should say.

If I didn't care I wouldn't be commented and trying to learn more about the ship and maybe that my room had just an issue.

( I also didn't see where you said you had mold as well :) and I just looked back and apologize you did state that :)

Sorry!

Edited by ge0rgette2

If your dislike of Enchantment was because of the cabin I'm not sure that booking an inside room would be better. I just got off a couple of weeks ago and as you can see in my review (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228575&highlight=enchantment) , I loved the cruise and most of the ship but my biggest disappointment was with my inside cabin (3573). It was musty, damp and moldy and we had a most of a day without air conditioning. It didn't ruin my cruise but I would think twice about booking that ship again because of it.

Here a photo of the mirrors in our room when the air conditioning wasn't working. It was like a sauna:

IMG_9946.jpg.11f1c4245a9a953117bb831e503c8dd6.jpg