Vista Class Large Interior Cabins

mike_ga

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing with a group of people on my November Cruise on Westerdam, but I myself am sailing solo in a cabin, I've booked a standard interior on the Upper Verandah Deck for this voyage, but recent price drops have put large interiors at an incredibly close price, so I'm going to call the group desk and upgrade tomorrow.

Anyone have experience with these large Interiors on Vista class? From the deck plan it looks significantly larger than my previous stateroom, but I'm positive that the layout and pictures on HAL's website are not of the actual rooms on Westerdam. I'd love to know if anyone else has lodged in one of these and what they thought of the accommodation compared to standard interior.

Post Script:

I've checked all the usual suspects for pictures/videos of these rooms, but HAL passengers seem to rarely post on such sites.

My mom and I spent 25 days on the Oosterdam (sister ship to the Westerdam) in cabin K119 on main deck. That's one of the large interior cabins. It was great - quiet, very roomy, close to the front desk and rear elevators, and nice and cool as we cruised across the South Pacific. I recommend those rear K cabins on main deck very highly.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing with a group of people on my November Cruise on Westerdam, but I myself am sailing solo in a cabin, I've booked a standard interior on the Upper Verandah Deck for this voyage, but recent price drops have put large interiors at an incredibly close price, so I'm going to call the group desk and upgrade tomorrow.

Anyone have experience with these large Interiors on Vista class? From the deck plan it looks significantly larger than my previous stateroom, but I'm positive that the layout and pictures on HAL's website are not of the actual rooms on Westerdam. I'd love to know if anyone else has lodged in one of these and what they thought of the accommodation compared to standard interior.

Post Script:

I've checked all the usual suspects for pictures/videos of these rooms, but HAL passengers seem to rarely post on such sites.

My mom and I spent 25 days on the Oosterdam (sister ship to the Westerdam) in cabin K119 on main deck. That's one of the large interior cabins. It was great - quiet, very roomy, close to the front desk and rear elevators, and nice and cool as we cruised across the South Pacific. I recommend those rear K cabins on main deck very highly.

I recommend the J (interior) staterooms on Main Deck very highly. These are large as well! ;)

Edited by GeriatricNurse

All of the J- and K- cabins on Main Deck (and only on Main Deck) are huge. I have stayed in one or the other of them many times on all the Vista ships, and the E-dam; they are identical.

There are also some huge I-cabins on an upper deck, but I have no personal experience with them.

The K-cabins on Main are under the dining room, so they are quiet. The downside is that the are a long walk from the activities at the front of the ship.

The J-cabins are under some nightlife areas, and potentially could have a noise problem, although I have never found that to be the case.

The ones on port side can have troops marching by when shore excursions are departing from the show lounge. Getting back into your cabin when that happens can be a challenge.

I'll definitely take pictures and post on cruiselinerooms (CC really should create an area for this), with so much variety in the sizes and configurations of different staterooms I like to be able to get a visual before sailing.

it was literally a $64.00 difference between this Category-I and the Category-K was I was previously booked in.

I'm a price watcher, I check the prices of my cabin categories 3-5 times a week during downtime, so I I think I'll probably end up with this for well under 1K before sailing.

Now I just need to either become independently wealthy or reach retirement age so I can enjoy voyages that last longer than a week.

Edited by mike_ga

We were in one of these cabins directly under the "Northern Lights" on Westerdam. Never heard a thing - except the one night the A/C went down. Then we heard a bit of the low bass through the ceiling.

Still, we would book that same cabin again anytime.

That is interesting that you didn't hear any noise. We booked the same cabin twice that was under the edge of the Queen's Lounge on the starboard side - nice and quiet.

However, on both these cruises, the cabins on the port side under the nightclub had loud thumping music clearly audible (we were in the hallway).

So, any one who wishes to book those cabins, be aware you might have a noise problem.