Movies under the stars island princess

tjod

We sail on 7/25. I got the entertainment email exactly 2 weeks prior to sailing, on 7/11. The movies listed were:

Cinderella: Starring Cate Blanchett, Lily James. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. Rated PG. 105 mins.

Avengers: Starring Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johannson, Chris Hemsworth. Directed by Joss Whedon. Rated PG-13. 141 mins.

Hi,

We are due to board the island princess next week and wondered if anyone knows what movies are being shown on MUS? Thanks

I am also on this cruise. Normally about 2 weeks out we receive an email from Princess regarding the entertainment. I recall this usually includes movies. This time I did not receive that email, but did receive several other typical emails from Princess. From my past experience, the movies on the Princess are not new releases. They also have many oldish movies. I have never been excited about Princess's choice of movies. During our cruise the same movies will likely rotate from MUTS, to Theater to the TV.

Don't know if the issue is that Princess hasn't sent out an email or if the email was lost (maybe in SPAM or some other reason).

If it is the latter, you should be able to log on to the Cruise Personalizer and click on the button "Boarding Pass & Docs". That button is right above the ship icon for Onboard Reservations. After clicking on "Boarding Pass & Docs" button, you come to a new screen. The last section on this screen (toward the bottom) is "Pre-Cruise Emails". If Princess sent out anything, the email should be in this section for you to review.

We sail on 7/25. I got the entertainment email exactly 2 weeks prior to sailing, on 7/11. The movies listed were:

Cinderella: Starring Cate Blanchett, Lily James. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. Rated PG. 105 mins.

Avengers: Starring Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johannson, Chris Hemsworth. Directed by Joss Whedon. Rated PG-13. 141 mins.

WOW! Both great movies-one for me and one for my husband ;o) Too bad we aren't sailing til 9/19. Hope we like the choices then.

I'd love to know peoples thoughts on MUTS if they have done it. Thanks!

We have only cruised once and we have one more coming up in September, but the DETERMINING factor for me choosing Princess was MUTS.

15 night cruise. I only missed one night at MUTS when the movie just wasn't what I wanted. I watched Monday Night Football, Sunday afternoon football, 3 baseball playoff games, and plenty of movies. Even on the rainy windy night (spitting rain), me and about 10 other brave MUTS lovers piled on the blankets and took the loungers just under the top deck for protection from the rain and enjoyed another great experience.

During the day, other than sports events, there was nothing that really interested me. Old Rock concerts, The Princess Bride (great - but how many times can you watch it?), Sound of Music, and movies of that type.

Now I know that the movies would also play in the Princess Theatre the next day, and were thereafter available on your in room TV, but I just like the MUTS outdoor ambiance (plus the ice cream bar is right beside it). Pizza, popcorn - yes, you can get that too, but usually after a large dinner, all I could fit in was ice cream :)

Don

During the day, other than sports events, there was nothing that really interested me. Old Rock concerts, The Princess Bride (great - but how many times can you watch it?), Do you really want to know? Sound of Music, and movies of that type.

Thank goodness, in all of my Princess cruises, I don't think they have ever played a single sporting event on MUTS. ;)

Of course, since I've only cruised to Alaska, most of my MUTS watching has been during the day. At night it can be downright cold. I have braved it a few times, but it requires at least 2 of those deck blankets.

Yes I agree, the emails are in the personalizer, but I've never seen anything about the movies to be shown on MUTS.

In the past I've gotten mail with the movies listed for maybe 1 cruise but I don't think the others listed movies. It's Princess - no consistency in the process.

I just wait until I'm on the ship and see what they tell me then. I guess the only real reason I can see for wanting the info in advance is so that I don't watch the movie at home and then discover it's on MUTS when I'm on the ship.

Yes I agree, the emails are in the personalizer, but I've never seen anything about the movies to be shown on MUTS.

I have always received all of my emails (despite others saying they are inconsistent) and the last one, 2 weeks before sailing, has always had MUTS info. It's near the bottom, just a small blurb with 2 movies listed. It's the same email with the Cruise Director and Circle Host listed at the top.

Sample text (from several months ago, so would not be current list):

• Movies Under the Stars

Cozy-up on a lounge chair with complimentary popcorn as you take in a movie, sporting event or concert like you’ve never experienced before. Shows being featured during your sailing on our 300 square foot outdoor screen include:

The Imitation Game: Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley. Directed by Morten Tyldum. Rated PG-13, 114 mins. The Theory of Everything: Starring Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones. Directed by James Marsh. Rated PG-13, 123 mins.