Recommend me a drink!

donnalouise9

Going on Britannia for my first ever cruise on Saturday.

I'm not much of a drinker, have the rare glass of wine. Can anyone recommend me a good drink to celebrate when i get on board, a cocktail of some kind perhaps? I love berry flavours, citrus, fruity, sweet- but know nothing about drinks (not a big fan of champagne).

Recommendations?

I'm not much of a drinker, have the rare glass of wine. Can anyone recommend me a good drink to celebrate when i get on board, a cocktail of some kind perhaps? I love berry flavours, citrus, fruity, sweet- but know nothing about drinks (not a big fan of champagne).

Recommendations?

Sweet? Then do what we do on Cunard. In your carryon take a good Rum (not megabucks), and suggest El Dorado 1980 or Pyrat Cask. Let it warm in the glass and enjoy on your balcony as a sailaway.

Recommendations?

A champagne-and-pineapple-juice would I think hit the spot; citrus, sweetness of pineapple; and a gentle taste of champagne.

It's a drink I've introduced quite a few friends to who don't usually drink alcohol and prefer sweet to dry drinks.... alas, by the end of the cruise they still like pineapple juice and champagne, 1% pineapple, 99% champagne :o

Edited by Vampire Parrot

My daughter's not much of a drinker and loves exactly the same flavours as you. Her fave is a cocktail they make on board called A Summer's Love - Grey Goose Pear Vodka, apple juice and elderflower. Not too alcoholic, slightly sweet and fruity.

Sweet? Then do what we do on Cunard. In your carryon take a good Rum (not megabucks), and suggest El Dorado 1980 or Pyrat Cask. Let it warm in the glass and enjoy on your balcony as a sailaway.

:confused: Hardly fulfils the brief one thinks!

Recommendations?

Planter's Punch is rum based but contains orange and/or pineapple juice and grenadine. Perhaps worth a try?

In the Caribbean, especially on the beach, I enjoy a Bahama Mama which is similar to the one above but with coconut rum added. It's not on P&O's cocktail list but bar staff are often prepared to mix whatever for you.

Enjoy your cruise - and sampling the cocktails!!

Recommendations?

As Champagne and hard liquor are not really required.

Best suggestion - go to the cocktail bar yourself - look at the cocktail menu - choose the mixture of "berry flavours" you actually like - then order the cocktail, but prefixing with the word "Virgin" (without alcohol).

As Champagne and hard liquor are not really required.

Best suggestion - go to the cocktail bar yourself - look at the cocktail menu - choose the mixture of "berry flavours" you actually like - then order the cocktail, but prefixing with the word "Virgin" (without alcohol).

PS

The price will be less as no alcohol.