Carnival Magic, tell me the best secret!

dutch1079

So I've spent plenty of time looking stuff up. Pools, sky course, secret decks, etc.

I want to know what secret thing that this ship does that not everyone knows about.

For instance, on one cruise we went to a "prohibition" party. Had to show up at an unmarked door with. Pin we received in"secret" from our steward. The cruise served gin out tea glasses and we fake betted with Monopoly money on horse races.

It was great!!

Anything like that going on?

Ew! Haha! No to Tandoori for me! If you like Indian food, I'm sure you'll like it. A thing I love about the Dream class (Dream, Magic, Breeze) is the outdoor area on deck 5 promenade. Much less crowded and noisy than Lido and it still has the lounge chairs, food, and hot tubs. Only downside is no pools!

Not really a secret. Use the Lanai hot tubs. Do not go up to the Lido hot tubs. Many times the Lanai hot tubs are not crowded! Also, the first day when you get on the ship go to Cucina del Capitano for lunch, many people do not know about it on the first day. It is free for lunch and it will get crowded at the end of the cruise.

If you have a clear night, go to the front of the ship on deck 5 at night. You will be able to see thousands of stars. It is pitch black, but just hold on to the railing and you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really a secret. Use the Lanai hot tubs. Do not go up to the Lido hot tubs. Many times the Lanai hot tubs are not crowded! Also, the first day when you get on the ship go to Cucina del Capitano for lunch, many people do not know about it on the first day. It is free for lunch and it will get crowded at the end of the cruise.

Totally agree about doing this for lunch. It's free every day. A great hidden secret. Try the lasagna for lunch--made with huge amounts of great roast pieces. Don't believe they serve this at night. But for $15 per person definitely try the night meal. You have to make reservations, but so good--- and so much food. Just fabulous and romantic! Can't wait until November lst.:)

So I've spent plenty of time looking stuff up. Pools, sky course, secret decks, etc.

I want to know what secret thing that this ship does that not everyone knows about.

For instance, on one cruise we went to a "prohibition" party. Had to show up at an unmarked door with. Pin we received in"secret" from our steward. The cruise served gin out tea glasses and we fake betted with Monopoly money on horse races.

It was great!!

Anything like that going on?

How did you get in on that? Sounds like a hoot!

I really miss betting on the horses on CCL cruises. That used to be a lot of fun...

• 2 years later...

Anyone know if the free lunch thing is still a thing? We'll be sailing on the Magic in November.

Not a real big secret, but if you want something different for breakfast go the the Blue Iguana Cantina and have them build a breakfast burrito to your specifications.

And if you have the Good Rev. Dr. E as your cruise director, make sure you get to the Atrium early for the 9:30 PM "trivia" shows. He is amazing.

Yes, deck 11 above Lido, free at lunch with modified menu. Take aft elevator.

Not a modified menu, a completely different menu. The afternoon is essentially a pasta bar. The dinner is more like Italian fine dining, it was delicious, well worth the $15