Santiago or Valparaiso stay

jackieo

We will be flying into Santiago Chile on the Monday morning for Cruise departure on Wednesday evening.

My question is should I stay in Santiago or go directly to Vina del Mar or Valparaiso on arrival?

I see there are a number of day wine tours which I could do. What else would you suggest?

thanks

Jackie

We will be flying into Santiago Chile on the Monday morning for Cruise departure on Wednesday evening.

My question is should I stay in Santiago or go directly to Vina del Mar or Valparaiso on arrival?

I see there are a number of day wine tours which I could do. What else would you suggest?

thanks

Jackie

Jackie,

We have done two cruises where we ported in Valparaiso and flew out of Santiago.

The first time, we stayed in Vina del Mar at Hotel San Martin about a block from the ocean. Good place for restaurants.

We stayed in Santiago two nights the first trip and one the second. There is a lot to see in Santiago.

No matter where you stay, you should be able to incorporate a half day tour of Valparaiso and a stop at a winery in route from Santiago.

I strongly suggest the Casa del Bosque winery.

Both times, we used SouthExcursions.

They were excellent

Dixiana Silva M.

Senior Sales Executive

South Excursions |

Commercial Department South America

5 Norte 209 (Esq. 5 Poniente) Office N° 05

Viña Del Mar, Chile | Chile Mobile Nº: +(56 09) 7 599 2003

Chile Office: (+56 32) 251-7714 | USA Office: (+1 561) 705-0107

www.SouthExcursions.cl | www.SouthExcursions.com

MDT & Co. LTDA | TourGuidesChile.com

I would spend the night of Tuesday to Wednesday in Valparaiso. You can leave your luggage in the hotel on Wednesday until embarkation. That gives you time to explore this fascinating city a little bit. We took a combined small bus and walking tour with a very good guide. Without her, we would not have found the hidden escalator stations.

I have no recommendations for her nor for a hotel since we were on the ship excursion of a b2b cruise.

Are there any suggestions on transportation from Santiago to Valparaiso. We will be arriving in Santiago on a Sunday in March of 2016, for a cruise departure in Valparaiso on Monday? We would like to stay in Valparaiso for Sunday night, but wondering about transportation from airport to there.

Are there any suggestions on transportation from Santiago to Valparaiso. We will be arriving in Santiago on a Sunday in March of 2016, for a cruise departure in Valparaiso on Monday? We would like to stay in Valparaiso for Sunday night, but wondering about transportation from airport to there.

I suggest you check with SouthExcursions, they can provide transport as well as some touring.

I suggest you check with SouthExcursions, they can provide transport as well as some touring.

We can recommend South Excursions for a tour and transfer to Valparaiso. We used them in March. Ask for Gus as a guide. He was excellent. We were quite worried when we discovered my husband had left his camera in the minibus. After emailing them they delivered it to us in our hotel the next morning before we boarded the ship. Such great service.

We're on the same cruise & arrive in Santiago Saturday night. We are planning to book a tour/transfer with SouthExcursions for the Sunday. This is an 8 hour tour of Santiago & Valparaiso with a stop at a winery - check it out on the roll call - post #173. Would love to have some travel companions to help bring the price down.

We have the Ibis Estacion booked for Saturday night in Santiago & another Ibis booked for Sunday night in Valparaiso.

We're on the same cruise & arrive in Santiago Saturday night. We are planning to book a tour/transfer with SouthExcursions for the Sunday. This is an 8 hour tour of Santiago & Valparaiso with a stop at a winery - check it out on the roll call - post #173. Would love to have some travel companions to help bring the price down.

We have the Ibis Estacion booked for Saturday night in Santiago & another Ibis booked for Sunday night in Valparaiso.

I highly recommend the Casa del Bosque winery instead of the Indomita winery. We have done both and we felt special at Casa del Bosque, but treated like cattle at Indomita.

Also, recommend Yvonne as a great tour guide.

The problem with this is that our flight doesn't get in till Sunday morning at 10:30 am. After a 13 hr flight from LAX to Santiago we might be a wee bit tired. Where are you staying in Valparaiso?

The problem with this is that our flight doesn't get in till Sunday morning at 10:30 am. After a 13 hr flight from LAX to Santiago we might be a wee bit tired. Where are you staying in Valparaiso?

We have the Ibis Valparaiso booked for the 13th

www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8227-ibis-valparaiso/index.shtml

and the Ibis Estacion booked for the 12th

www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-7531-ibis-santiago-estacion-central/index.shtml

We're flying out of Vancouver the evening of the 11th & it will take us until the evening of the 12th to get there! We knew it would be a long one so we took a couple of extra days at the beginning.

We only have to fly TO the cruise since we are staying on until we arrive back in Vancouver.