Celebrity Suite & Luminae Beverage Question

absolutboy20

I'm pondering whether to purchase the premium non-alcoholic package but need some clarification as to what is/isn't included with CS and Luminae.

My understanding is that in a CS stateroom in-room cappuccinos and espressos are included. Are complimentary bottled waters not included like they are in AQ?

Also as far as Luminae, are cappuccinos and espressos not included?

Edited by absolutboy20

You can get whatever you want at any time of the day (bottled Evian water) in Michael's Club.

I have only been in a Royal Suite so I don't know if the CS gets bottled water.

I'm pondering whether to purchase the premium non-alcoholic package but need some clarification as to what is/isn't included with CS and Luminae.

My understanding is that in a CS stateroom in-room cappuccinos and espressos are included. Are complimentary bottled waters not included like they are in AQ?

Good question! Can also ask if its worth upgrading to Premium as I believe there are complimentary drinks in Michaels club for CS and above. Anyone tell me/us what kind of drinks are 'free' in Michaels and if you think its worth the upgrade?

CS gets all the Michael's drinks (alcohol, wine, waters, soft drinks, coffee, expresso, etc.).

We were told that if we had a favorite brand of alcohol, and it's anywhere on the ship, the bartender would stock it.

Whether or not guests can remove glasses of wine from MC seems to depend on the ship/sailing/staff. We had no problelms.

And we had no problems bringing Perrier back to the cabin unopened.

If you request a specific kind of coffee and let your butler know what time you want delivery, he will probably deliver each day. Ours did.

Good question! Can also ask if its worth upgrading to Premium as I believe there are complimentary drinks in Michaels club for CS and above. Anyone tell me/us what kind of drinks are 'free' in Michaels and if you think its worth the upgrade?

it really depends what and where you choose to drink. if you do not mind drinking in MC all the time they will procure you most drinks within reason so then don't need to upgrade however if you are likely to buy significant amounts of wine at the dinner table and regularly frequent the martini bar and World Class bar then the premium package is still worth it IMHO.

We were in a CS on Eclipse in April and one of the first places we went was to Michael's, right after embarkation. The bartender immediately introduced herself to us and asked what we would like her to have available for us when we came to Michael's. We told her and it was ALWAYS there and included premium liquor, wine and beer. They are VERY accommodating. We did NOT have any kind of beverage package, as we couldn't justify the cost (this was a TA so no 1-2-3 specials were available) We still spent some money on alcohol but Michael's helped to soften that blow. AND equally as important we found it a wonderful spot to have a drink before dinner and after and the staff and other guests were wonderful. It really is one of the best perks of being in a CS or better.

Enjoy your CS, if it were me I would not spend any money on upgrading to a Premium package.

CS gets all the Michael's drinks (alcohol, wine, waters, soft drinks, coffee, expresso, etc.).

We were told that if we had a favorite brand of alcohol, and it's anywhere on the ship, the bartender would stock it.

Whether or not guests can remove glasses of wine from MC seems to depend on the ship/sailing/staff. We had no problelms.

And we had no problems bringing Perrier back to the cabin unopened.

If you request a specific kind of coffee and let your butler know what time you want delivery, he will probably deliver each day. Ours did.

Excellent - just the answer I wanted. Think our needs will be more than covered with the classic package and Michael's. Thanks for the feedback

We were in a CS on the Constellation in April. Bottled water was not included in CS- there was a bottle on the counter that could be paid for if desired. We also used Michaels Club for most drinks, but also had a drink package for large bottles of water to take ashore and soft drinks. Items in the room fridge in a CS are for purchase- not included in price of suite.

You can have anything you want (if on ship)at no extra cost in Michael's club. If you want to take it out of Michael's from what I've read it depends on which ship you are on. Coffees are also available in Michael's as is water and wine. If you go to restaurant and order you will be charged without a package. Ice tea, glass of :Dwater and regular coffee are offered at no charge. Many CS cruisers don't by the package because of Michael's club. Hope this helps

We were in a CS on the Constellation in April. Bottled water was not included in CS- there was a bottle on the counter that could be paid for if desired. We also used Michaels Club for most drinks, but also had a drink package for large bottles of water to take ashore and soft drinks. Items in the room fridge in a CS are for purchase- not included in price of suite.

You can always get bottles of water from Michael's Club to keep in your CS.

Jane

Thank you all. Michael's Club certainly seems like it has it perks but when I'm on another part of the ship (ie. poolside or a restaurant) I would like to have the option of just ordering it on the spot. Our particular sailing the 1-2-3 package is not offered nor any alcohol package except for the in-room bar setup.

If Luminae does not offer complimentary cappucino's/espressos I think I may just order the non-alcoholic package for the convenience.

absolutboy,

If memory serves me correctly, on the Luminae menu on Summit Cappucino and Espresso were listed and a cost was listed along side of them. We had the premium package and as such there was no charge for after dinner cappucino's. However, without a package I would presume you would get charged for them.

Janice

I know Michael's Club has Johnny Walker Black Label. I suppose asking for Johnny Walker Blue Label would result in a smile and very polite "No"?

If there is a bottle on board I am sure they would try to get it for you :cool:

The bartenders in Michael's will happily give you how ever many bottles of whatever kind of water you want to take ashore or back to your cabin.