Hello. New to Cruise Critic but not to cruising...

BeachBill

I don't know why it took me so long to find this place. I've been browsing around for couple of hours and am duly impressed with the information shared here by so many experienced folks. For that I give a hearty, "Thank You!"

Briefly, we have a home in coastal Delaware and an older home in South Baltimore (a mile from the Cruise Terminal - YaY). We are both retired teachers but I still run a small Internet Marketing business and my wife keeps busy part time at an after-school program to put cash in the "cruise kitty." :)

I have been fascinated with photography for over a half century (now have a small online-gallery) and always take a camera on our voyages, which number five to date. We've been on Royal Caribbean three times and Carnival twice. One of the Carnival cruises was out of Tampa but the others have been out of Baltimore. We love leaving from Baltimore because we have zero travel expenses.

We love the cruising lifestyle, seeing new places and meeting new people. I hope to be able to contribute a bit here and also soak up some of your expertise. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Bill!! You're right, there are a lot of folks who share some great information and tips and I have made good use of a lot of it over the years!

I look forward to seeing more from you in the future! Remember, pics or it didn't happen! :D

Welcome to cruise critic!! There are so many people on here with so much knowledge and so much information to share. This is a great website for people to learn more and share what they know! So glad you found it!

Thank you, folks, for the warm welcome.

@ Cruzaholic41 - Thank you for the heads-up on the photography section, I've begun browsing there.

@ cdavid46 - Pix or it didn't happen, eh? I'll get one in this thread soon (need to upload somewhere first).

@ George C - Yes, that short distance saves us time and money. We do like cruising out of the Port of Baltimore. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic Bill. We also are lucky to live in New York and close to three nearby cruise ports which is very convenient.

Many people include links to their cruise photography in their Cruise Critic signatures. It would fun to see some of the cruise pictures you've taken.

See you on the boards or on board a ship.

Jonathan

OK - in response to "It didn't happen if there are no pictures." Here is one of my favorite shots from our Eastern Carribean cruise aboard RCI's Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, March 3, 2015. The view is in The Centrum - looking straight up from the floor in front of the stage.

cruise-grandeur-centrum-ceiling-8x10-usp-7404.jpg

Note to mods: I always watermark my images. If such a watermark is not permissible on Cruise Critic please let me know and I will refrain from posting images. (And please feel free to delete this image, if necessary.) Thanks.

Edited by BeachBill

Note to mods: I always watermark my images. If such a watermark is not permissible on Cruise Critic please let me know and I will refrain from posting images. (And please feel free to delete this image, if necessary.) Thanks.

Thanks Bill for asking.

It's always a good idea to watermark photos you post on a public forum like Cruise Critic. It would be best, however, if you use a copyright "bug" and just your name, "BeachBill."