Top Sheets or just Duvet?

My DH and I go back and forth over the temperature. In the room, I like cold, he likes warm. I love the duvets, but do have to have my feet out to regulate temp. I find the bedding great and the beds in the RS are amazing! I want one for home too!

Omg this thread is too funny! But seriously, celebrity boasts about their fine linens. How sad they are trying to save money by not prepping beds with top sheets. And what's next? Do we have to bring our own pillow and TP?

I like the linens on Celebrity and really appreciate the fact that the duvet has a nice white cotton cover that can easily be washed. I always hated quilts or bed spreads because you never knew what was on it last. This way I know the sheets and covers are definitely washed in very hot water and makes me sleep better at night. Get very paranoid when I think I am being scoped out by those blood sucking vermin. Was told by an exterminator that if you have white sheets and blankets you can always tell if you have unwanted guests. As for TP always carry a roll just in case!:cool:

Thank you so much for the suggestions of asking the steward for a top sheet or a light blanket on the bed. I never thought of that, which makes me feel a little stupid. :o

No matter what ship I am on the cabin temperatures fluctuate and I go from hot to cool to cold and back to hot again all night. I'd like to blame it on my age but it doesn't happen to me at home, so I don't know what to blame it on. Having a top sheet would help so much.

Thank you so much for the suggestions of asking the steward for a top sheet or a light blanket on the bed. I never thought of that, which makes me feel a little stupid. :o

No matter what ship I am on the cabin temperatures fluctuate and I go from hot to cool to cold and back to hot again all night. I'd like to blame it on my age but it doesn't happen to me at home, so I don't know what to blame it on. Having a top sheet would help so much.

Hey Margie - when/if you do have a 'tropical moment' try folding a sheet up and putting it into the fridge half an hour before bed. Its bliss having the coolness on a sweltering night. (I'm not joking, I did do this!)

Hey Margie - when/if you do have a 'tropical moment' try folding a sheet up and putting it into the fridge half an hour before bed. Its bliss having the coolness on a sweltering night. (I'm not joking, I did do this!)

Sounds heavenly, thanks.

I like the linens on Celebrity and really appreciate the fact that the duvet has a nice white cotton cover that can easily be washed. I always hated quilts or bed spreads because you never knew what was on it last. This way I know the sheets and covers are definitely washed in very hot water and makes me sleep better at night. Get very paranoid when I think I am being scoped out by those blood sucking vermin. Was told by an exterminator that if you have white sheets and blankets you can always tell if you have unwanted guests. As for TP always carry a roll just in case!:cool:

I wonder if the duvet cover is replaced before each sailing. I always worry about any covers on top of the bed.

I also hope the sheep are washed before I board the ship....:p :D

I wonder if the duvet cover is replaced before each sailing. I always worry about any covers on top of the bed.

Don't worry; the cabin stewards will have everything sheep shape by the time you get to your cabin.

You don't have to worry on Celebrity, they also change the duvet covers mid cruise.

Took me half a thread to realize this was a typo and not an Amercanism! I was trying to work out what a sheep and light blanket could be!

:confused:

LOL..

What a delightful thread.. You all seem to have so much fun between the sheep..

I needed this laugh tonight!:D:D

LOL! Just got off the Infinity today. Our poor steward. In my thank you note w/a little extra in the envelope, part of it referred to putting up with my requests having to do with beddings: need comforter; oops forgot, also need blanket for sofa bed; comforter too heavy, change to blanket; put blanket inside the sheets; put other blanket outside of sheets but folded in half... he did all of it with a smile.

I'm not sure what originally came on the big bed, but it felt like a bunch of sheets with no comforter or blankets. We were cold the first 2 nights despite fooling around w/the temperature gauge, so I asked for a comforter for the 3rd night. That thing was so heavy! On the 4th night, I asked him to remove the comforter and replace with a blanket. It turned out he gave it to us (didn't but it in the bedding), and we didn't end up using it. The 5th night, I asked him to put the blanket inside the set of beddings, which he did, and that's how we stayed for the rest of the cruise.

By the way, I called about the temperature gauge and was told that it can't be turned off (like most, it does make white noise). What we can control is how hot/cold. What they can do is send a tech to control how much/less air flows.

In any case, the bottom line is that you can ask the steward.

First message to the cabin steward is always, "Please add a top sheet". It's usually there by the first turn down.

My first request as well; never a problem -- EXCEPT FOR ONCE when we returned from dinner to find the bed turned down, with chocolates on top of the requested pillows, and a top sheet added - ON TOP OF THE DUVET! It only took about 3 minutes for DH and me to make the change.

Are they making fun of ewe?

They're trying to pull the wool over your eyes, at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if all cruise lines had a stock of sheep. After all, they're well versed in the art of fleecing...

:D

On a serious note, for those "tropical moments", try Black Cohosh. It really helps with the temperature fluctuations, but takes about a week to start working.

I'm familiar with the Barbados Blackbelly sheep breed, but not the Black Cohosh. :)

My first request as well; never a problem -- EXCEPT FOR ONCE when we returned from dinner to find the bed turned down, with chocolates on top of the requested pillows, and a top sheet added - ON TOP OF THE DUVET! It only took about 3 minutes for DH and me to make the change.

The top sheet on TOP of the duvet is even funnier than the sheep!

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am so excited. My next two cruises are almost here. I will definitely report back on what type of bedding we have when we board. I found some close up pictures from my last sailing and I didn't have a duvet but instead some thin cotton filler between two sheets. The Celebrity website says beds have plush duvets and 100% cotton linens. Let's see if they live up to this statement.

Look under your bed on the last night of your cruise. They'll have everything they need in terms of linens to change the room over there.

Happy sailing,

Jenna