Banging my head against the wall now with VIFP

maldenmusic

The saga continues....back in May I began having problems with my VIFP status which for some reason put me as a first time cruiser even though I had cruised 8 times. After numerous calls and emails I found out that they deleted me when they upgraded their VIFP program. Fixed with a new number but it showed me as blue so it was back to square one. More calls and emails. Then I am given yet another new VIFP number and I'm finally back to gold. Cruised June 2015 with no problems. Since I have returned I am now getting separate emails and snail mail and it seems that now I have 2 different VIFP accounts-in one I am gold and the other I am red. Seems like this should have been an easy fix but every time I called, no one had any record of my previous contact with them in spite of having names of people I had spoken with. Guess I'll just stick with my gold status because I sure did like the big bottle of water and the free drink :D

I wouldn't sweat it much. There's not a lot of true monetary value in Carnivals VIFP.

And if you remove the monetary value of most "loyalty" programs, they are nothing more than an adult version of Junior High.

First in line, "LOOK AT ME!", a particular color card, "LOOK AT ME!", name on a hotel list at the check-in counter, "LOOK AT ME!".

Big Whoop. I'm guessing most of us graduated Junior High some time ago.

I wouldn't sweat it much. There's not a lot of true monetary value in Carnivals VIFP.

And if you remove the monetary value of most "loyalty" programs, they are nothing more than an adult version of Junior High.

First in line, "LOOK AT ME!", a particular color card, "LOOK AT ME!", name on a hotel list at the check-in counter, "LOOK AT ME!".

Big Whoop. I'm guessing most of us graduated Junior High some time ago.

Maybe at the lower levels, but at Platinum there are some nice perks.

I'm currently Gold, and the perks aren't much to get excited about. But I'd be upset if I lost my VIFP points. I may still be 2 or 3 years away from hitting Platinum, but I am looking forward to priority boarding and free laundry.

Maybe at the lower levels, but at Platinum there are some nice perks.

I'm currently Gold, and the perks aren't much to get excited about. But I'd be upset if I lost my VIFP points. I may still be 2 or 3 years away from hitting Platinum, but I am looking forward to priority boarding and free laundry.

EdmondXXIII yes it is nice....and it wouldn't be right if you lost your VIFP points. I went platinum before the change from cruises to days at sea... I just love the priority boarding...26 more sea days and I go diamond. I'm so excited. My DH and I are both retired now and loving it..we wouldn't do anything other than cruising.. And I'm not one that starts each post by stating, I'M PLATINUM' ..I can't stand that...counting the days till we're walking on the SUNSHINE [emoji295]️[emoji295]️[emoji295]️..30 days.

The saga continues....back in May I began having problems with my VIFP status which for some reason put me as a first time cruiser even though I had cruised 8 times. After numerous calls and emails I found out that they deleted me when they upgraded their VIFP program. Fixed with a new number but it showed me as blue so it was back to square one. More calls and emails. Then I am given yet another new VIFP number and I'm finally back to gold. Cruised June 2015 with no problems. Since I have returned I am now getting separate emails and snail mail and it seems that now I have 2 different VIFP accounts-in one I am gold and the other I am red. Seems like this should have been an easy fix but every time I called, no one had any record of my previous contact with them in spite of having names of people I had spoken with. Guess I'll just stick with my gold status because I sure did like the big bottle of water and the free drink :D

do you still have that sign and sail card from June? I think the VIP NUmber is on there-- the person on the phone can find you easier with that number and ask to combine your numbers

Why are you taking it out on the wall? ;)

it is getting caught up in a big company and getting lost

It is maddening

Been there. Done that. Not with

Carnival but a government agency.

NOW that is really rough. Only a letter from a lawyer will move them.

The right time is not when someone is getting screwed.

it becomes bullying very easily. Mocking their issues at the very least.

Well, to be truthful, no questions were posed in the OP, no help requested, it was just a rant that doesn't even really need to be here. But if someone is allowed to come here to just rant, others are equally allowed to make a quip about it. If no one is trying to take the OP's lunch money it hardly counts as bullying.

Check your previous bookings for some sort of small error or difference in your name. This same problem happened to my daughter. We discovered it when we boarded a cruise and all had gold cards, but hers was blue. It turns out, for that cruise she had been coded as "Mr" rather than "Miss", so the system tagged her as a completely different/new person. I think the same thing could happen if there is a typo in your birthdate.

In order for the two accounts to be merged, they person on the phone had to be made aware of the Mr" error, so that he could find the bad account.

Make sense?

CeleBrat

Edited by CeleBrat

well, to be truthful, no questions were posed in the op, no help requested, it was just a rant that doesn't even really need to be here. But if someone is allowed to come here to just rant, others are equally allowed to make a quip about it. If no one is trying to take the op's lunch money it hardly counts as bullying.

amen!!