Junior suite first time what can we expect

I have read this thread with great interest..... I am about to embark on my first cruise (RCL LOTS) and was going solo however I managed to convince one of my work colleagues to sail with me... her hubby was ok hiring her out !!

She has done about 8 or so cruises so it is great to have her knowledge and experience's..... so much so that she went and upgraded our booking to a JS as she saw they were available for not much extra $$ and I guess knows the difference !! :p

But GEEZ It has made me ever so much more excited for departure day to arrive.....:D

It does all sound very nice and I hope she does gets the double points but I am wondering how the points work when two different people (not family members) book a cabin ?? Do we both accrue points or do they only go to one person per cabin ?? Curious....

I am a bit worried that now that I wont be able to cope with small cabins if I do any future cruises.... all presuming that I even like cruising !!!:cool:

No forget that last..... bit I am DETERMINED to LOVE cruising... ..I even wanted to work on a cruise ship when I was young before marriage n kids came along.:D

Yesterday we upgraded to our first time Junior Suite on Navigator Sept 6th.We were able to upgrade for $290 from a E1 total cost on JC was $1896 for 2.

we will be deck 7 middle Aft. 7694. Was this a good or bad move ?

What can we be looking forward to?

This cruise will have several first's for us.

Junior Suite

First time sailing as Diamond

First time sailing from Galveston

Nice upgrade indeed, especially for a 7 day cruise. Say 'hello' to Barb from Ken and I. We will be in our first JS on Her Majesty when we sail on her in February 2016, but the JS on Her Majesty doesn't have everything that yours will have, from what I know.

What we enjoy being Diamond, is the D Lounge....the concierge can be very helpful....I enjoy stopping by there anytime of the day for a latte. The evening cocktail time is nice for a before dinner drink with some appetizers.

It can be a nice place to retreat to for some quiet time during the day to read. Depending upon where the lounge is on the ship, it could have an outside area to sit in as well.

Enjoy Navigator....she was the first ship we ever sailed on and we will be sailing on her again in November after she returns to S. Florida as her embarkation location.

I have read this thread with great interest..... I am about to embark on my first cruise (RCL LOTS) and was going solo however I managed to convince one of my work colleagues to sail with me... her hubby was ok hiring her out !!

She has done about 8 or so cruises so it is great to have her knowledge and experience's..... so much so that she went and upgraded our booking to a JS as she saw they were available for not much extra $$ and I guess knows the difference !! [emoji14]

But GEEZ It has made me ever so much more excited for departure day to arrive.....:D

It does all sound very nice and I hope she does gets the double points but I am wondering how the points work when two different people (not family members) book a cabin ?? Do we both accrue points or do they only go to one person per cabin ?? Curious....

I am a bit worried that now that I wont be able to cope with small cabins if I do any future cruises.... all presuming that I even like cruising !!!:cool:

No forget that last..... bit I am DETERMINED to LOVE cruising... ..I even wanted to work on a cruise ship when I was young before marriage n kids came along.:D

I believe you both get double points.

Yesterday we upgraded to our first time Junior Suite on Navigator Sept 6th.We were able to upgrade for $290 from a E1 total cost on JC was $1896 for 2.

we will be deck 7 middle Aft. 7694. Was this a good or bad move ?

What can we be looking forward to?

This cruise will have several first's for us.

Junior Suite

First time sailing as Diamond

First time sailing from Galveston

We aren't diamond yet so the JR Suite is all about the robes[emoji2] love the robes.

The extra space and double points aren't bad either.

We drive to Austin the first night, spend the night at the Fairfield on Reinli, then get up early and drive the rest of the way. This is on Sunday morning when the traffic is lighter. If it was another day of the week, we'd probably try to arrange driving to Freeport or Galveston.

I am a bit worried that now that I wont be able to cope with small cabins if I do any future cruises...

The JS will be nice. We did JS the first couple of times we cruised on the Mariner. The difference in space is noticeable, but not terribly unpleasant, if you decide to go to a balcony cabin on a later cruise. I consider my balcony an extension of my cabin space so that always helps give me a little more space.

We would love to do a JS to get the double points. It certainly makes getting from one loyalty level to the next go a little faster. But in my opinion, unless there is a particularly good deal- I would certainly not let getting points be a deciding factor on whether to go from balcony to JS (or higher suite level). The space is a huge bonus though.

I enjoy the extra space offered by the Barbie sized tub for showering rather than squeeze and squeak my way into the phone booth sized shower of other rooms. Larger balcony and sitting area is nice. Comfort. Relaxing. Roomy.

I once went back to a balcony room and was nearly in tears when I saw how small it was going to be for the week. Never again.

I enjoy the extra space offered by the Barbie sized tub for showering rather than squeeze and squeak my way into the phone booth sized shower of other rooms. Larger balcony and sitting area is nice. Comfort. Relaxing. Roomy.

I once went back to a balcony room and was nearly in tears when I saw how small it was going to be for the week. Never again.

We will be in our first JS next February, but I have never really minded the small phone booth shower our past balcony cabins but what I wish they all had was a shower bar to make it easier to shave my legs. Just a personal issue, I guess. Even though you refer to the JS bathroom as having a 'Barbie sized tub' at least it will have a ledge to step over to use as a shaving bar.

I don't expect that we will often cruise in suites, the price will have to be an exceptional deal.

• 4 weeks later...
I will be in a JS on the Grandeur next December. Is the gratuities for the JS the same as a regular cabin ($12.95) or do you pay the Suite gratuities (15.95)?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

JS gratuities are $12.95 per person per day.

Thanks for the quick replies. This is my first time in a JS and we actually have some family members going with us on their very first cruise and they also will be in a JS. Trying to make up a sheet for them on what to expect.

:D:D:D

I may have misunderstood some of the perks on this thread so I will ask to clarify. DW and I are Gold members and are sailing on AOS in a JS in March. Do we get to go to any lounges and get free drinks because of being in the JS? Thx in advance. :cool:

I may have misunderstood some of the perks on this thread so I will ask to clarify. DW and I are Gold members and are sailing on AOS in a JS in March. Do we get to go to any lounges and get free drinks because of being in the JS? Thx in advance. :cool:

No, the JS gives no lounge privileges.

Unfortunately, no lounge access or free drinks in a jr suite. We love the jr suites! Enjoy!!!

Edited by CyberTag