Junior suite first time what can we expect

Yesterday we upgraded to our first time Junior Suite on Navigator Sept 6th.We were able to upgrade for $290 from a E1 total cost on JC was $1896 for 2.

we will be deck 7 middle Aft. 7694. Was this a good or bad move ?

What can we be looking forward to?

This cruise will have several first's for us.

Junior Suite

First time sailing as Diamond

First time sailing from Galveston

The main difference will just be some extra space. In a normal cabin, it can be kind of tight moving around, as the furniture takes up most of the available floor space. A JS feels a little more like a typical (but still smallish) hotel room. There will also be more closet/storage space and a little roomier bathroom.

For the relatively small difference you paid, I think the JS is definitely worthwhile. And, you'll get double C&A points, so if you have thoughts of making it to Diamond Plus, this will get you there a little bit faster. :)

From and E to a JS...you can expect TONS of space!!! A great walk-in closet....and just general, all around comfort!! Priority boarding is the only "perk" aside from extra points. A standard hotel sized room is what it will be like. A tub/shower combo adds space to the bathroom.

There are no other "suite perks", but as Diamond, you won't really be missing any of that. Enjoy the space!

Edited by cb at sea

JS perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Get ready to fall in love. JS's are great, that is only category we get. Expect a cabin more like a hotel room (in size). Nice walk in closet. Bigger bathroom with a tub. Couch and 1 or 2 chairs. Coffee pot and/or tea maker. More room. Priority check in. And double points. Hope you enjoy it and the cruise.

Yesterday we upgraded to our first time Junior Suite on Navigator Sept 6th.We were able to upgrade for $290 from a E1 total cost on JC was $1896 for 2.

we will be deck 7 middle Aft. 7694. Was this a good or bad move ?

What can we be looking forward to?

This cruise will have several first's for us.

Junior Suite

First time sailing as Diamond

First time sailing from Galveston

That should make the trip memorable, though I thought only Buckeye Fans got those good deals. ;) The location should be fine, it sounds like a reasonable deal, worth it is subjective, but I think you got a good value. The walk in closet is nice and the bathtub is nice on occasion.

We were in a GS nut did see the JS very nice cabin, I was impressed with walk in closet which GS do not have also very nice bathroom. You will enjoy the diamond lounge on this ship, very nice for happy hour free drinks and snacks. Try going to Giovanni's for lunch just 12 or 15 dollars for a 4 course meal ( open for lunch on sea days only)

That should make the trip memorable, though I thought only Buckeye Fans got those good deals. ;) The location should be fine, it sounds like a reasonable deal, worth it is subjective, but I think you got a good value. The walk in closet is nice and the bathtub is nice on occasion.

Thanks for the input from everybody !!!

I also cheer for the Buckeye's !!!! always cheer for the BIG 10

Thanks for the input from everybody !!!

I also cheer for the Buckeye's !!!! always cheer for the BIG 10

Me too, I even cheer for Michigan for bowl games or the NIT. Enjoy your cruise, That is a great ship.

If it's a 7 day cruise, that's a great price!

We've gotten an aft once, and it was wonderful! Navigator has Sabor, which we really loved! In the Gulf of Mexico, there's not much pitch and roll, but we've always had mid-rooms. If you get some pitch and roll, it will rock you to sleep! And you should get some great views from your balcony.

Galveston is one of our worst ports as far as embarkation. The problem comes when the ship is late arriving due to weather. Sometimes there's a crowd in front of the port, but at least once, they let Diamonds in ahead of the crowd.

Still, get there early. If they have an embarkation problem, you should be able to find a seat before they fill up.

Not a Jr Suite expert, but I do love my Diamond perks. Make sure to go to the diamond lounge for a coffee in the morning and sit to watch the waves. It is so nice up there. They also have a small breakfast, but that coffee machine is addictive!! Also the nightly diamond lounge is awesome. Free drinks and hot appies. And the diamond concierge is nice if you need something (expedited tender tickets, reservations, print out of your on board accnt, etc...) Being Diamond changed our whole cruise. We loved it before, but we LOVE!!! it now.

Barb - is that you????

Doesn't look like your pic..........

We have done several of your RC and Princess #s w you!

And can't wait for the next one together! One of these days.............

Only differences we have found are:

-bigger size (which is great)

-that walk-in closet (which is fabulous!)

-shorter check in line (supposed to be.......but not always!)

Hugs, Teri

Don't know if this is on all the ships, but when I had a JS on the Jewel I had a door bell. I know, not a big deal, but it was my first time in a JS and when my cabin steward pressed the bell it sounded a little like the announcement chime and then I heard the bell again and I was waiting for the announcement and heard nothing. Then I heard a knock at the door and that is when I found out I had a door bell. I felt like the Beverly Hillbillies. LOL!

We really loved our JS on the Adventure a couple of months ago. The biggest plus was the more room factor. We never felt crowded in the room. There was so much storage we didn't even use some of spaces.

The Diamond Club is very nice. If you go before dinner they always have great appetizers and you can get a drink or two to decompress before the evening. We really enjoyed meeting other people there.

In the morning there are often some simple breakfast items (pastries and fruit).

I like my coffee a little stronger so I figured out that I can do a regular latte using the machine then just do a single espresso shot on top of it and that would give me, effectively, a double shot. Once I figured this out I didn't have to go stand in the lines to get coffee in the morning. It's also often very quiet in there in the morning so you can sit and enjoy your coffee and maybe go over the events of the day the great and quiet view.

When we were on our last cruise in the JS we asked our cabin guy for some chairs with foot stools and he got some for us. We were on a back to back and we got to use them for all 14 days. It was a nice addition. We tipped him extra, but there was no other cost.

We don't get treated to this kind of luxury often and the JS really made us feel special. We loved it.

You got a great price and you are going to have an amazing cruise.

Tom

We really loved our JS on the Adventure a couple of months ago. The biggest plus was the more room factor. We never felt crowded in the room. There was so much storage we didn't even use some of spaces.

The Diamond Club is very nice. If you go before dinner they always have great appetizers and you can get a drink or two to decompress before the evening. We really enjoyed meeting other people there.

In the morning there are often some simple breakfast items (pastries and fruit).

I like my coffee a little stronger so I figured out that I can do a regular latte using the machine then just do a single espresso shot on top of it and that would give me, effectively, a double shot. Once I figured this out I didn't have to go stand in the lines to get coffee in the morning. It's also often very quiet in there in the morning so you can sit and enjoy your coffee and maybe go over the events of the day the great and quiet view.

When we were on our last cruise in the JS we asked our cabin guy for some chairs with foot stools and he got some for us. We were on a back to back and we got to use them for all 14 days. It was a nice addition. We tipped him extra, but there was no other cost.

We don't get treated to this kind of luxury often and the JS really made us feel special. We loved it.

You got a great price and you are going to have an amazing cruise.

Tom

Thank you all for the interaction you are giving. I will show all of this to my wife to help her get excited. We will be celebrating our 44th anniversary !!!

She does not do cruise critic .

Doing the happy dance !!!

happydance_zps58b05b1a.gifhappydance_zps58b05b1a.gif

Gopher, I hope you already have a hotel room booked if you are coming in the day before. Most Galveston hotels are requiring a two night minimum. Are you flying into Hobby or Houston(IAH)? It makes a big difference in how to get to Galveston.

Gopher, I hope you already have a hotel room booked if you are coming in the day before. Most Galveston hotels are requiring a two night minimum. Are you flying into Hobby or Houston(IAH)? It makes a big difference in how to get to Galveston.

All set up

Thanks for asking

Flying into IAH

I find in amazing how much more Galveston hotels are now compared to a couple of years ago, I always used to stay at Galveston now stay at a nice airport hotel and save 200.

Get ready to fall in love. JS's are great, that is only category we get. Expect a cabin more like a hotel room (in size). Nice walk in closet. Bigger bathroom with a tub. Couch and 1 or 2 chairs. Coffee pot and/or tea maker. More room. Priority check in. And double points. Hope you enjoy it and the cruise.

Same here. Never been in any other class of room and love it.

I find in amazing how much more Galveston hotels are now compared to a couple of years ago, I always used to stay at Galveston now stay at a nice airport hotel and save 200.

Got the Houston Marriott for $75.00 on price line that includes tax Don't know much about the hotel but hoping it is good.

booked our transportation with Galveston Express for $20.00 per person senior rate over 55, each way and they will pick us up at Hotel. everything I have read on this company was very positive.

Jr. Suite, Diamond and Navigator your going to have a great trip.

Suite is large with a very nice bathroom. As Diamond you'll receive nightly drinks on your Seapass card. Navigator is a very nice ship. I love going out of Galveston you'll meet the nicest people.

Enjoy!

Donna

Me too, I even cheer for Michigan for bowl games or the NIT. Enjoy your cruise, That is a great ship.

Now you've crossed a line. As a fan of a BIG10 school to the east in the lovely state of PA, I can Never, Ever, ever cheer for those pansies from the mitten state. I do like Michigan state though for some reason. And OSU is #12 on my list of Big 10 favorites going into this year... we'll see if they can edge out Maryland for number 11 this year. All depends on the handshake.

Anywho- i think you'll love the JS for the space alone!

Please come back and let us know how it goes with Galveston Express. We are sailing out of Galveston in February and still trying to figure out transportation.

We have been in 3 or 4 jr suites and love them! The extra space and larger bathroom are great! You got a great price so enjoy!