Ryndam Pinnacle Suite (Any experiences?)

Pash81

We got offered a Pinnacle suite upgrade and would have accepted instantly, had it been on one of the signature ships. Does anyone have any experience in that suite for the Ryndam ship? It doesn't have the larger outside deck w/ whirlpool which would have been a huge perk.

We're doing the Aug 14-Aug28 Midnight Sun cruise with our two small children. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

We got offered a Pinnacle suite upgrade and would have accepted instantly, had it been on one of the signature ships. Does anyone have any experience in that suite for the Ryndam ship? It doesn't have the larger outside deck w/ whirlpool which would have been a huge perk.

We're doing the Aug 14-Aug28 Midnight Sun cruise with our two small children. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

No whirlpool and the balcony is right about the same size as the Neptune Suites.

The difference is entirely interior space.

Here's a diagram:

3D_Penthouse.jpg

By comparison, here is one for Nieuw Amsterdam

3D_Penthouse.jpg

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the super quick responses!

Huh, interesting.

They offered it to me at 2,000 USD PP. We just took an upgrade for the Neptune suite and a day later got this. Tough decision. So tempting. I would have 100% took it with the new deck plan. Would be nice to essentially have a separate bedroom for the kids.

Hi Guys,

Huh, interesting.

They offered it to me at 2,000 USD PP. We just took an upgrade for the Neptune suite and a day later got this. Tough decision. So tempting. I would have 100% took it with the new deck plan. Would be nice to essentially have a separate bedroom for the kids.

There's a huge tv "wall unit" looking thing across from the couch in the PS (that diagram showing a little tv table is wrong) but that wall unit is basically a murphy bed. NOTE - A lot of people think the PS sofa has/is a hide-a-bed. It does not.

The "bedroom" on the Ryndam PS only has a curtain to separate it, no doors, but there will be some privacy. And you will have the little half bath so except for bathing you can have your own space that way.

You can see a virtual 360 tour of the exact suite here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/virtual-tours-videos/Main.action?cat=accommodations&subcat=ry&type=vt&id=1&title=Pinnacle%20Suite

You can see a different viewpoint on Statendam's Pinnacle Suite tour here, taken more from the dining room:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/virtual-tours-videos/Main.action?cat=accommodations&subcat=sd&type=vt&id=1

Do yourself a favor though, don't try looking at any of the other S or R class ship PS tours. The rest all use Statendam's tour or are hideously out of date and I can assure you they no longer look like the 70's (which is good because the ships were built in the 90's!) ;)

Edited by InTheWASide

Hi Guys,

Huh, interesting.

We were in a Neptune suite for one week and the Pinnacle suite for week two on the Niew Amsterdsm. We decided that we enjoyed the Neptune suite better. Bed was nicer...not as hard, rattling noises was less in Neptune suite, frig made a terrible noise all nite that never got fixed, and pax were always looking at our balcony while in Pinnacle suite. I felt on display. The seperate bedroom is very nice but not nice enough to make us pay extra monies for pinnacle suite. We did not use the hot tub....we enjoyed the thera pool area more. Just my comments.....but it was nice to cross it off our bucket list.

I got an upgrade offer for the PS for that cruise, which Mr. DangerGirl and I aren't really interested in. I wouldn't mind getting one for a Neptune Suite, though.

At least I think it's the same cruise--mine is Aug 15 - Aug 29 so I hope that's what your other travel arrangements are prepared to accommodate....

Yep. That's it. Put wrong dates. It's 15-29th

So does it ever happen where they send out better offers for the same room if no-one fills it?

Yes, it does happen. Just for information purposes, these offers go out to many people. In 2013 I got a very good offer for the ph and took it immediately. I met some people on board that said they thought about it for a week but decided against it. There was only the one left and it was long gone likely by the time they opened their email.

We were in a Neptune suite for one week and the Pinnacle suite for week two on the Niew Amsterdsm. We decided that we enjoyed the Neptune suite better. Bed was nicer...not as hard, rattling noises was less in Neptune suite, frig made a terrible noise all nite that never got fixed, and pax were always looking at our balcony while in Pinnacle suite. I felt on display. The seperate bedroom is very nice but not nice enough to make us pay extra monies for pinnacle suite. We did not use the hot tub....we enjoyed the thera pool area more. Just my comments.....but it was nice to cross it off our bucket list.

I actually agree with you about some points and we enjoyed PS but were happier in Neptune. I like the closets better and particularly like the dressing room set up on the "S" and "R" ships. The PS doesn't have the dressing table with the sink.

On the other hand, my DH really liked the large dining table and the window seat along all that nice glass.