Which Itinerary would you pick

Hi All,

We have never sailed on RCCL, and are considering the following 2 itineraries on Jewel of the Seas. We have ruled out Adventure of the seas from reading some of the posts here. So the question is which itinerary has the edge for those that have been to the ports mentioned below, we have not been to any of the ports other than St Maarten and St Thomas. So we are not familiar with the rest of the islands.

December 11th, 2016 for 7 nights

7 Nights Southern Caribbean Cruise

Starting in San Juan with stops in St. Croix, Philipsburg, Roseau, Bridgetown, St. George's

or

December 4th, 2016 for 7 nights

Starting in San Juan with stops in Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, St. Johns, Castries, Bridgetown

Thanks !!

We have never sailed on RCCL... We have ruled out Adventure of the seas from reading some of the posts here.

Why? Adventure is an awesome ship

we have not been to any of the ports other than St Maarten and St Thomas. So we are not familiar with the rest of the islands.

St. Croix, Philipsburg, Roseau, Bridgetown, St. George's

or

Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, St. Johns, Castries, Bridgetown

St Croix, Dominica & St. George's are a rare set of islands you won't find on many other itineraries.... but St Kitts, Antigua & St. Lucia are outstanding islands!!!

Since you haven't been before to many of the islands I'd pick option B... but like Bob said above you really can't go wrong with either itinerary imho. Also with option B debarking Dec 11 (vs. Dec 18) will likely get you cheaper airfare home being farther away from Xmas.

Why? Adventure is an awesome ship

St Croix, Dominica & St. George's are a rare set of islands you won't find on many other itineraries.... but St Kitts, Antigua & St. Lucia are outstanding islands!!!

Since you haven't been before to many of the islands I'd pick option B... but like Bob said above you really can't go wrong with either itinerary imho. Also with option B debarking Dec 11 (vs. Dec 18) will likely get you cheaper airfare home being farther away from Xmas.

I did not think about the airfare part. Thanks

We are now considering the adventure as well it has the same itinerary as option B.

You might have to do both & let us know!!! [emoji108]🏼[emoji57]

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I cruise for the ship, not the ports, so, I wouldn't do either one, but, that's just me. I know the more ports I go to, the more money I will spend and the less rest and relaxation I will get. Give me a few days at sea and a private island and I'm all set. :cool:

Why rule out Adventure? She has more positives than Jewel.

When you see reviews here, take them with a grain of salt. People love to post negatives but rarely positives. Have an open mind!

l like both ships. You can't go wrong with either. Enjoy your cruise whichever you decide to do.

Why rule out Adventure? She has more positives than Jewel.

When you see reviews here, take them with a grain of salt. People love to post negatives but rarely positives. Have an open mind!

Agree 100%, we do a B2B on Adventure almost every year, love that ship.

Has anyone that has been on JOS or AOS also been on Celebrity Summit? My TA is pushing the summit hard and i dont get why. I have researched both ships/lines, i know the food is better on celeb, but entertainment and things to do are better on RCCL, and we are both young so would prefer a more lively atmosphere with a variety of things to do vs a more serene laid back atmosphere.

Has anyone that has been on JOS or AOS also been on Celebrity Summit? My TA is pushing the summit hard and i dont get why. I have researched both ships/lines, i know the food is better on celeb, but entertainment and things to do are better on RCCL, and we are both young so would prefer a more lively atmosphere with a variety of things to do vs a more serene laid back atmosphere.

We've done Jewel, Summit, and Adventure sisters Navigator and Explorer. I'd choose Adventure first and Jewel second. There's a lot of good on Summit such as outdoor aft seating at both the bar and buffet along with a much better beer selection but the life on board is slower paced than Royal ships. If it were a Celebrity S Class, I'd put it at the top but not Summit.

We've done Jewel, Summit, and Adventure sisters Navigator and Explorer. I'd choose Adventure first and Jewel second. There's a lot of good on Summit such as outdoor aft seating at both the bar and buffet along with a much better beer selection but the life on board is slower paced than Royal ships. If it were a Celebrity S Class, I'd put it at the top but not Summit.

Thanks, that helps

@susie51 - i have been to Philipsburg as well, are the other ports better on the dec 11 sailing vs the dec 4?

Edited by amindu

Hi All,

We have never sailed on RCCL, and are considering the following 2 itineraries on Jewel of the Seas. We have ruled out Adventure of the seas from reading some of the posts here. So the question is which itinerary has the edge for those that have been to the ports mentioned below, we have not been to any of the ports other than St Maarten and St Thomas. So we are not familiar with the rest of the islands.

December 11th, 2016 for 7 nights

Starting in San Juan with stops in St. Croix, Philipsburg, Roseau, Bridgetown, St. George's

or

December 4th, 2016 for 7 nights

Starting in San Juan with stops in Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, St. Johns, Castries, Bridgetown

Thanks !!

Which ship will you be sailing? The Jewel or The Adventure? I will be sailing The Adventure for the third or forth time in March. We love this itinerary. I think we would choose the second only because we like the extra island. Other then that it wouldn't matter. With that said, I have never sailed on the Jewel so I can't answer that one.

Which ship will you be sailing? The Jewel or The Adventure? I will be sailing The Adventure for the third or forth time in March. We love this itinerary. I think we would choose the second only because we like the extra island. Other then that it wouldn't matter. With that said, I have never sailed on the Jewel so I can't answer that one.

Most likely will be the adventure, i like the promenade, and the ice rink and seems to have more stuff to do. But my TA keeps pushing the Summit as well, both have the same itinerary

Starting in San Juan with stops in Philipsburg, Basseterre, St. Johns, Castries, Bridgetown