Pinnacle Grill

lazey1

Our cruise begins in 66 days and the pinnacle grill is not on the dining reservations page. This is the 50 day Tales of the South Pacific. I called HAL to ask if I could pre-book reservations at the Pinnacle and was told no. The person I spoke with had no idea why it was not up on the website or apparently on his list.

On past cruises we have been able to pre-book the Pinnacle as far ahead as 8 months.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I would hate to have no Pinnacle Grill for this cruise.

Our cruise begins in 66 days and the pinnacle grill is not on the dining reservations page. This is the 50 day Tales of the South Pacific. I called HAL to ask if I could pre-book reservations at the Pinnacle and was told no. The person I spoke with had no idea why it was not up on the website or apparently on his list.

On past cruises we have been able to pre-book the Pinnacle as far ahead as 8 months.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I would hate to have no Pinnacle Grill for this cruise.

Hmmm. It's certainly not fleet-wide. I've already booked reservations for my December cruise

When we did our Panama Canal cruise on the Amsterdam, some things could not be book until 1-2 months before sailing. You might want to double check that. I seem to remember that I had to wait to book some spa services until about one or two months before sailing. Once that time came, no problem.

If you plan on dining at Pinnacle Grill for the Le Cirque night (one per cruise) ,do it as soon as you can. Pinnacle Grill is superb with excellent food, but the Le Cirque night is really over the top.

I am going on the Nieuw Amsterdam Oct 7 from Venice and I booked the Pinnacle last month

We were on the Maasdam June 27-July 4. We tried to pre-book the Pinnacle before boarding and as soon as we boarded tried to book it again. We were told repeatedly that it was booked. We went to the Pinnacle the next day and spoke with someone (can't remember his name but seemed to be an officer) who told us that it was booked for the whole cruise before sailing. He said that there was quite a few people upset about not getting a reservation. He said HAL was considering not pre-booking reservations on future cruises. You would have to book after boarding. Maybe HAL decided to do this.

Just curious but might all the Explore4 diners be taking up all the seats in the Pinnacle? Seems very odd to have nothing available for an entire cruise. We made Pinnacle and Cirque reservations several months ago for our late September Panama cruise.

We made a reservation earlier this week. It's for Alaska, April - May 2016. We have the Explore 4 with the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. On our hard copy (OK, technically it's a PDF) specifically states that the ship will be assigning our reservation dates and times. Our TA made a point of reiterating it in his cover letter. Granted, things might change, but if it's anything like the 2014 Explore 4, where between 900 and 1,200 passengers per sailing had complimentary dinners on a Vista Class ship, just allowing a reservation free for all might not be much of an improvement over preassigned times.

On one past cruise we were not able to purchase anything in advance until I think 2-3 months before. I can't remember the ship or itin, but I don't think there's much to worry about. I'd be shocked if you can't get booked very near the time for the nights you want. We've always managed to book any night we wanted at PG as long as done not long before departure and only once not got what we wanted whilst onboard. That said, we are late eaters so may be a different scenario is you wish to eat at peak times.

Edited by richarduk

I tried to book the PG for my January Eurodam cruise and was told to try calling back in October. I can book other excursions, this makes no sense. I'm not on Explore 4, I want to pay for it and they won't take my money? That's not like HAL or any other business.

He said HAL was considering not pre-booking reservations on future cruises. You would have to book after boarding. Maybe HAL decided to do this.

We are off on a 7 day Fjords cruise next month and booked every night at the Pinnacle Grill 10days ago without any hassle.

When we did our Panama Canal cruise on the Amsterdam, some things could not be book until 1-2 months before sailing. You might want to double check that. I seem to remember that I had to wait to book some spa services until about one or two months before sailing. Once that time came, no problem.

If you plan on dining at Pinnacle Grill for the Le Cirque night (one per cruise) ,do it as soon as you can. Pinnacle Grill is superb with excellent food, but the Le Cirque night is really over the top.

It might be a timing issue, but it is very strange. with less than 60 days to go the PG should be available for booking.

Just one thing, the OP should have several offers of Le Cirque since they are on a 50 day cruise ;) On longer cruises, it is offered several times.

And some nice Cellar Master dinners as well if they are so inclined (can't book those until you are on board though)

Just thinking out loud.... I wonder if it can be to do with the Explore4 promo. So many PG dinners to be booked in a limited time. 7-day segments on longer cruises, etc. Perhaps they will make it available once they have sorted all those out. Just a thought.

Just thinking out loud.... I wonder if it can be to do with the Explore4 promo. So many PG dinners to be booked in a limited time. 7-day segments on longer cruises, etc. Perhaps they will make it available once they have sorted all those out. Just a thought.

I hope you are right however there are only the 50 day, the 47 day and the 45 day segments on this cruise.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts regarding this. We do not have the Explore 4 and had forgotten that it was offered at one time for this cruise. Guess we just keep checking online daily and by tel. at least once a week and hope that Pinnacle opens up. We tried the LeCirque once and have no desire to do LeCirque again. For us the Pinnacle is just that, the highest or best restaurant on the ship.