Thinking about doing Harmony...

Royal has a good price on some of their salings, so i figured i would give the worlds biggest ship a try. How does the fair work with Royal? If i book next week and the fair goes down before final payment do i get the difference?

Royal has a good price on some of their salings, so i figured i would give the worlds biggest ship a try. How does the fair work with Royal? If i book next week and the fair goes down before final payment do i get the difference?

Yes, as long as it's before final payment. They will not automatically adjust it, but if you check and see a price drop, you can call and they will apply it.

Some price drops or sales will indicate they are for new bookings only. Most of the time these restrictions don't exist, and even when they do sometimes royal will give you the new price anyway even on an existing booking. However, you should be aware that some sale prices or price drops may be unavailable to you.

After final payment, you cannot get a price drop, but if a higher category has dropped to below the price you paid, you can often upgrade for no cost. Similarly, if a higher category has dropped in price but is not as low as you paid, you can pay the difference between what you already paid and the new price to upgrade. (I hope that made sense :D ).

I obviously haven't looked at all of harmony's dates, but fwiw jan/feb 2017 seem to have the best deals. I'm on feb 25 and i've never seen prices so low.

Yes, they will adjust your total balance if the fare drops. If you book it, just check the prices every few days or so. I've seen times when the fare dropped for only a matter of hours before going up again. There are some decent rates out there, but don't wait too long. We booked the Harmony for Feb 2017, and that fare has already increased by over $1000.

Good luck!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

We booked the Harmony for 1/07/17 at a fantastic price and since then the fair has gone up $600 for the two of us. They still have great prices and I think you will LOVE Harmony. We loved the Oasis and Allure. :)

We are Holland America fans but love the Oasis class ships for the entertainment and the ships are gorgeous.

First of all the Harmony is not the worlds biggest ship as for the cost the answer is usually yes.

First of all the Harmony is not the worlds biggest ship as for the cost the answer is usually yes.

If it's not the largest then which one is? I think I read someplace that Carnival is building a larger one.

If it's not the largest then which one is? I think I read someplace that Carnival is building a larger one.

I was told the Allure is the largest by inches. Carnival has posted they are doing 3 new ships which will the largest at some 6000+ crew. :)

Harmony will be the worlds largest cruise ship by enclosed volume. Carnival is building some ships for their other lines, I forget which. They will not larger than Harmony, but they will carry close to the same number of guests.

How great of a deal have you gotten on the Harmony?

I have a 9 night cruise booked on Navigator for southern Caribbean April 14 in E3 for total of 2178 for 2 people. That include tax and port fees.

I am thinking of switching to the Harmony. Have the prices in Jan & Feb went up significantly?

Thanks

Harmony will be the largest "cruise ship" in the world but certainly not the largest "ship". That honor goes to the MSC Oscar, a non US based cargo ship. There's not a port in the US that can accommodate her, although, there may be bigger ships as of this writing.

The 4 ships Carnival are building that are to be the "largest" ships, are that of passenger capacity only. Supposedly 6600 passengers versus Oasis class 6450.

Carnival at 180,000 tons versus, 227,000 tons for Harmony. They must be building upward, not longer.

Yes, Harmony will be slightly longer by 2.15 meters and wider by 5.5 meters than Oasis and Allure.

This was easily found on-line.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

I have a 9 night cruise booked on Navigator for southern Caribbean April 14 in E3 for total of 2178 for 2 people. That include tax and port fees.

I am thinking of switching to the Harmony. Have the prices in Jan & Feb went up significantly?

Thanks

That Navigator price is very good. The balcony prices for the Harmony have gone up from $200 - $300 per person since June 1. Since they were not included in the original BOGOHO the prices for those sailings were not inflated. RCL caught on and within a week of June 1 they started to increase.

Still a good price for a new ship IMHO:)

Thanks

We are booked on this cruise in an E3. We paid $2099 total for 2 people, including taxes, fees, and gratuities.

That Navigator price is very good. The balcony prices for the Harmony have gone up from $200 - $300 per person since June 1. Since they were not included in the original BOGOHO the prices for those sailings were not inflated. RCL caught on and within a week of June 1 they started to increase.

Still a good price for a new ship IMHO:)

We jumped on the Harmony pricing right away before they caught on for the TA. We also nabbed the Navigator sailing on 4/14/2017 for just under $2100 for the 9 nights in an E3, including taxes, fees, and gratuities. Got OBC with it from Royal and our TA.

We jumped on the Harmony pricing right away before they caught on for the TA. We also nabbed the Navigator sailing on 4/14/2017 for just under $2100 for the 9 nights in an E3, including taxes, fees, and gratuities. Got OBC with it from Royal and our TA.

We also had the TA on the Harmony booked but switched it to the NV 4/14/17 instead.

We are also booked . 1/28/17, at the most amazing price. The price has gone up almost $700 for two since then. It might go down again and if it does you will be adjusted to the lower price as long as it's before final payment, which in this case is quite a long way out.

We got a terrific price on Harmony when the newest prices came out....we booked 627 days before sailing and never thought we would ever book a cruise that far out...but the price was too good to pass up.

Is anyone going on the February 18, 2017 sailing with us?