Ryndam 18/07/15

philsuarez

Just home from our cruise and as we live in Harwich was home by 0915hrs.

Les and I had an amazing time and I will post a full review over the next coupe of days. Ryndam whilst now 20 years old is a lovely little ship and a good introduction for anyone on first cruise or new to HAL.

Crew and all staff were wonderful and she was certainly one of the most friendly ships I've had the pleasure of cruising on. Got chatting with plenty of fellow passengers and was nice to meet you all.

one question I have is why no HAL in UK next year? Random appears to be sailing fully booked most trips from Harwich but once she leaves in September/October and Rotterdam from Southampton in January 2016 thats it. No more HAL from UK in 2016. I thought they were looking to expand UK sailings?

Seems real shame as we would definitely use HAL again but prefer to sail from UK rather than start with a flight. Any thoughts?

She is coming to Australia, and will sail as the Pacific Eden. I have three cruises booked. She will be sailing under the P&O banner. Also the Statendam. She will be Pacific Aria. You will have to come down under for your next cruise. I just hope P&O don't ruin them. Loved the Volendam. K

She is coming to Australia, and will sail as the Pacific Eden. I have three cruises booked. She will be sailing under the P&O banner. Also the Statendam. She will be Pacific Aria. You will have to come down under for your next cruise. I just hope P&O don't ruin them. Loved the Volendam. K

Would be very interested to hear of your cruises on the Pacific Eden.

We share your view of the Volendam.

We live in Canada and agree with you,we were on the Ryndam,out of Dover last year,for 3 weeks in Norway.The plane ride was easy and direct,Heathrow to Canada.This year we wanted to see Scotland,we had to fly to Copenhagen which took a connecting flight and an extra hour's time change.Copenhagen was beautiful but we had been there before so not a new experience.We had 24 wonderful days on the Eurodam but severe thunderstorms in Europe caused us to almost miss our connecting flight home.We know several of our shipmates were stranded in Paris because their running days are over we were lucky.

We have sailed out of both Dover and Harwich in England and found them very easy ports to get to from London,which is a direct flight from most North American cities.Are you listening HAL?We also did not like the new dock in Copenhagen which is far from the city with poor transportation.

Glad you had a good time on one of our favorite ships.

Edited by Louise sail