Emerald Plaza Deck Offbeat Question

custompcsys

Hi Folks,

Not sure if anyone will know this but I was curious. We have a cabin on the port side of the Plaza deck for our October TA cruise which is only a couple of doors away from the International Cafe. On the deck plan it would appear that there is a door that allows acess to the port side hallway beside the art gallery and that it is accessible from the Piazza. When we were on the CB last year we had the same cabin but you had to access them either by walking through the art gallery or coming in via the forward elevators. The port side door out to the piazza was actually behind the international cafe counter and not accessible to passengers.

If this door is accessible to passengers on the Emerald it would make those quick trips to the IC much easier. Hmm...maybe this isn't a good thing :) Does anyone know if that door is accessible? Does this make any sense? :)

Even though the four ships are kissing cousins, the CB has quite a few differences from the EP, RU, KP, which you can call sister ships.

On those three, the door you refer enters/exits from the Piazza area and not behind the counter. Did you check the deck plans? I've seen the door and it's not a problem.

Edited by steelers36

Hi Folks,

Not sure if anyone will know this but I was curious. We have a cabin on the port side of the Plaza deck for our October TA cruise which is only a couple of doors away from the International Cafe. On the deck plan it would appear that there is a door that allows acess to the port side hallway beside the art gallery and that it is accessible from the Piazza. When we were on the CB last year we had the same cabin but you had to access them either by walking through the art gallery or coming in via the forward elevators. The port side door out to the piazza was actually behind the international cafe counter and not accessible to passengers.

If this door is accessible to passengers on the Emerald it would make those quick trips to the IC much easier. Hmm...maybe this isn't a good thing :) Does anyone know if that door is accessible? Does this make any sense? :)

I believe its accessible to passengers. As noted its not behind the counter as some other ships.

Hi Folks,

Not sure if anyone will know this but I was curious. We have a cabin on the port side of the Plaza deck for our October TA cruise which is only a couple of doors away from the International Cafe. On the deck plan it would appear that there is a door that allows acess to the port side hallway beside the art gallery and that it is accessible from the Piazza.

For many cruises on Emerald, that door was always open.

On my last two cruises on Emerald, it was closed, and had

a sign 'Emergency Use Only'.

Maybe to keep noise from that hallway?

Even though the four ships are kissing cousins, the CB has quite a few differences from the EP, RU, KP, which you can call sister ships.

On those three, the door you refer enters/exits from the Piazza area and not behind the counter. Did you check the deck plans? I've seen the door and it's not a problem.

Yup checked the deck plans, thus the question. Not sure if the IC counter configuration is the same on the different ships and wanted to hear from someone who may have been on board and actually noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Star that door and the door that opens into the Vines area both had the warning signs on them and said they were alarmed but they were not as staff frequently went through them. I would not take p327 if possible. The staff were loud coming and going plus there is noise from the art being taken up and down multiple times a day. When something very loud was going on in the Piazza like balloon drop night you could also hear noise from there as well. We had P329 for my teens and that was close enough to that office to hear them in the hallway but at least not a shared wall with them.