Bargain of the year for UK passengers?

pauljsgreen

That's a good price for sure... I guess there is limited demand for this one off cruise. Rather annoyingly I am booked on the Epic the very next week, however I can't afford another 10 days off work or else I would so a back to back.

In the past I have seen a 10 day cruise for under £200 on the .co.uk site, but that was a couple of years back.

That's a good price for sure... I guess there is limited demand for this one off cruise. Rather annoyingly I am booked on the Epic the very next week, however I can't afford another 10 days off work or else I would so a back to back.

In the past I have seen a 10 day cruise for under £200 on the .co.uk site, but that was a couple of years back.

It was balconies I was looking at. They seem to have had a couple of significant price drops in the last three weeks and moved to guarantee only with the exception of a few starboard or very forward and aft large balconies (b6) but apparently they are not so desirable because of motion, enclosed balconies or looking at the sea instead of land.

P

Does the rate include port chargers? It's only $574 (369 pounds)

Does the package- specifically say the tips are included? Because if it does not, it would be expected to additionally tip.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/booking.php?stage=sailing_details&cruise_package_id=2080288&search_url_id=0&number_of_adults=2&showing_intermediate_page=1

With UBP option and no service charge on top of the free package if that's what you choose

HTH someone

Paul

Trying to find where the "no service charge" bit is. We would book a mini suite (no suites left) and take the UBP

EDIT: Found it, didn't realize that it was also included for the UDP and UBP that we have for our June 25th 2018 sailing as well, very happy with that.

Edited by stoneman56

I looked at that link and on the bottom if you did that trip with a fly/cruise it had a price of 100,595 pounds so maybe that is where they make up the ability to throw in some freebies.

[emoji3][emoji3]

I try to avoid call centres (avoid people in general usually [emoji3] ) but in this case I gave up. I couldn't get any clarity from the website so I used the contact form on the website and someone called me from NCL.

We then exchanged a few emails clarifying the facts, the UBP was included and they're was no UBP gratuity to pay on top of the cruise fare.

I watched the price fall and thought it must have bottomed out at that price on Friday. NCL phoned me Saturday morning to make sure I'd seen the price drop and I booked it in the afternoon and got one of the last port side b6 mid ship.

I prepaid the normal gratuities apparently avoiding the august increase.

I will obviously tip bar staff in $ cash as appropriate.

P

Trying to find where the "no service charge" bit is. We would book a mini suite (no suites left) and take the UBP

EDIT: Found it, didn't realize that it was also included for the UDP and UBP that we have for our June 25th 2018 sailing as well, very happy with that.

Wow. Well done!

I thought NCL paid the gratuity on the inclusive UBP, before the US site passed it on to the customer.

Yes that was my understanding.

And I meant our 2016 sailing not 2018. I'll be taking a copy of the terms with me just in case they try to add the gratuity

I'm on this sailing having booked a few months ago and just moved from my studio to a balcony, got free drinks without the 18% gratuity and got the upgrade for 50% of what the Drinks would have cost me. I'm still paying half of what we normally do for a week in a balcony and that's with the single supplement too. Bargain

Yes that was my understanding.

And I meant our 2016 sailing not 2018. I'll be taking a copy of the terms with me just in case they try to add the gratuity

Hey I know you don't I.....small world isn't it? I'm now wondering if I can pay NCL £25 a time.........or is it OBC............its OBC isn't it!?!?!? Brilliant. Well done.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/booking.php?stage=sailing_details&cruise_package_id=2080288&search_url_id=0&number_of_adults=2&showing_intermediate_page=1

With UBP option and no service charge on top of the free package if that's what you choose

HTH someone

Paul

I would like to say a big THANK YOU ! for posting this . We`re unable to take THIS cruise as it clashes with our Jade sailing from Venice BUT seeing this made me look at the Jade sailing Venice to Barcelona on 24th and bingo that`s down in price too :) . So i now have a b2b cruise thanks to you xx The second leg cost us £319 each with the UBP ( no 18% grat. added ) . Last time i looked at this cruise it was over £500 each so i didn`t bother booking it . It only cost me £50 to change flights / hotel / coach home ect. So i`m very happy :) This is a good example why this forum is so great many thanks xxx

I would like to say a big THANK YOU ! for posting this . We`re unable to take THIS cruise as it clashes with our Jade sailing from Venice BUT seeing this made me look at the Jade sailing Venice to Barcelona on 24th and bingo that`s down in price too :) . So i now have a b2b cruise thanks to you xx The second leg cost us £319 each with the UBP ( no 18% grat. added ) . Last time i looked at this cruise it was over £500 each so i didn`t bother booking it . It only cost me £50 to change flights / hotel / coach home ect. So i`m very happy :) This is a good example why this forum is so great many thanks xxx

Really glad it helped. [emoji3]

P

There has been some very good deals this year. I booked the Epic for November and March 16 to the Canaries for just over £600 pp each cruise, for a balcony, one mid ships the other aft, and at the time (April) we got both UDP and UBP with no grats, and $50 OBC from the agent. Can't wait.

Edited by bobstheboy

Is it worth paying more for a large balcony or is a mid-ship BB likely to be ok? We have never had the treat of a balcony cabin so I don't want to end up overlooking anything but the sea haha. It is a guaranteed BB mid-ship but I'm not 100% with what that means.

Thanks for posting this great deal!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A guarantee simply means you can be allocated any BB cabin and sometimes you get lucky and end up in a higher category cabin. This cruise is an absolute bargain. We took our first NCL cruise 25 years ago and paid a lot more for an inside cabin than we paid this time for a mid-ship balcony.

A guarantee simply means you can be allocated any BB cabin and sometimes you get lucky and end up in a higher category cabin. This cruise is an absolute bargain. We took our first NCL cruise 25 years ago and paid a lot more for an inside cabin than we paid this time for a mid-ship balcony.

Brilliant, that's all I needed to know really so thanks, really looking forward to it as we've had a really tough year and I haven't told my fiance about the upgrade so it should be a nice suprise for her! We were both happy with the price for an inside cabin when they were £349 and we paid around £800 when we last did a cruise a few years back.

Is it worth paying more for a large balcony or is a mid-ship BB likely to be ok? We have never had the treat of a balcony cabin so I don't want to end up overlooking anything but the sea haha. It is a guaranteed BB mid-ship but I'm not 100% with what that means.

Thanks for posting this great deal!

I think the challenge with the b6 large balconies left is they may be enclosed balconies without glass panels right at the front of the ship. The ones at the back look the same but we avoided the extreme front and back because of motion and vibration. You might get a starboard mid ship b6 because apparently the port ones go first because of the view of land. Mid ship ones have normal glass balconies just a bit bigger bit some have odd shapes from the deck plans. It was only £10 or £20 each for us to get a b6 instead of a guarantee.

The balconies on the epic are very small if I recall correctly but we have only had an aft before with a big balcony (but that vibration I mentioned)

However. We have had guarantee balconies before on other ships and always been happy.

Even got a celebrity suite once as an upgrade to a balcony guarantee on constellation. Not happy about that actually as it had no balcony. First cruise so we didn't know any better.

I imagine your risk is you get an obscured view balcony when confirmed.

Have a look at the decks the BB cabins are present in and see if the deck plan warns of any obscured views?

We have always had a balcony (other than the constellation) but there's only two of us and we have never paid a great increase to get it.

I imagine you won't look back if you get a balcony.

Epic is a busy ship so some solace on your balcony taking an extra hour to get ready for dinner with a couple of drinks from your UBP makes your cabin much more of a living space than an inside cabin I imagine - but you'll know what suits you and your £££ best.

Also, might be worth phoning NCL - u never know, they might know more than this very helpful peer community but I'm not so sure [emoji3]

HTH

P