Next Cruise

Hi, I'll be sailing on the 22nd Oct 2015 and I wish to book my next RC cruise in Jan 2016. Would it be better to book it online now or on board during my cruise at "Next Cruise"? Thanks for your advise. :)

Prices can go up.

Prices can go down.

If you book now, the prices in October may be better. They may be worse.

There is no crystal ball.

We usually book our annual cruise as a next cruise on board. However, this time, someone made us aware of a great sale on an intinerary we were interested in, so we booked now. It pays to look ahead and have some idea of where prices normally range. The cruise I now have booked for 2017 gave me a JS for several hundred less than the D1 we had in 2014. On that 2014 cruise the BOGOHO sale just started so we got a great deal and the nextcruise credit at the same time. It can go both ways.

If you are booking under US rules (fully refundable deposits) you could do both.

Book now to lock in the price and cabin you want, then when you are on your cruise if the pricing is still the same, book a different cabin while onboard and then cancel the old reservation and swap cabins.

Very convoluted way of doing it but it makes sure you don't lose out on the current options by waiting. If the price is up by the time you get on board then you have the reservation already and if it isn't then you get the benefit of Next Cruise.

If you are booking under US rules (fully refundable deposits) you could do both.

Book now to lock in the price and cabin you want, then when you are on your cruise if the pricing is still the same, book a different cabin while onboard and then cancel the old reservation and swap cabins.

Very convoluted way of doing it but it makes sure you don't lose out on the current options by waiting. If the price is up by the time you get on board then you have the reservation already and if it isn't then you get the benefit of Next Cruise.

I thought that too, but then noticed the OP was from Singapore.

I thought that too, but then noticed the OP was from Singapore.

Thanks and yes I'm from Singapore

iagree.gif

The sooner you book the better chance you have for getting the cabin you want!

Thanks. We are not too particular with the cabin and wanted to spend family time together thru cruising without the daily distraction and thankful that we can still afford to cruise :)

Another for book now. We will always book a cruise at the "next cruise" desk for a cruise that is pretty far out 18 -24 months. So book now and then book a different one, farther out, when you are on board.:)

We're on the Adventure in Oct/2016, would love to go in April of 2017 do think it's better to book before our cruise and pay it down slowly?

Book now, and rebook on board if the price is still good.

I am kind of new here, but sometimes they give you prepaid gratuities when you book online.

I am new, but I think that should be of some consideration. Maybe I am missing something else that all of you know.

That is a good post on 2 accounts. I tend to forget other countries operate under different rules, and the 2nd part, you can make an appointment with the next cruise person and if the fare on your already booked cruise has gone done, they can cancel and rebook right there for you lessening the chance that you might lose a preffered cabin.

We're on the Adventure in Oct/2016, would love to go in April of 2017 do think it's better to book before our cruise and pay it down slowly?

This is the exact case I was mentioning above. Look at my adventure cruise below for 2017. That cruise is/was very low priced last May so we got a JS for less than I have seen a D1 balcony for in the past. I had to jump on this rate, its the week we like to travel and it includes 3 islands we haven't been to before and wanted to book. When I get on Oasis I'll have them look at it, but I doubt the price will have gone down.