Eileen Fisher in NYC

Hoyaheel

OK, who here knows their Eileen Fisher??

I want the washable crepe pants. They are on sale right now for $58 at Neiman Marcus (sizes just restocked)

I would order them (free shipping & returns) because we have no NM around here, but I'm heading to NYC later this week. There is no NM there, either, but they do have Saks, Barneys, Bloomingdales, etc as well as a few Eileen Fisher boutiques. So who is likely to have THIS style pant (I have a general idea how the brand fits and own other pieces, but have not tried on this pant - and the pant sizing can be odd on me, so I would like to try)

I don't really want to go all over the city, but if anyone knows??

(I looked at the ef website and don't see this pants. I did see something that might be it on the Saks website but the name is different. Bloomingdales website appears to only have the ankle pant in plus sizes. But I don't know how much the websites reflect what is in the stores.....

Stores here are putting out their fall collections already, so it might take some hunting in the sale racks. Also, you are correct that sometimes the overlap between website and B&M isn't perfect.

That NM price is very good. Take into account the sales tax here which is just under 9% and it might be a better value to buy online. However, running around NYC shopping is enjoyable in itself!

When I am particular, I shop early in the season. If I am just shopping for fun, not so important.

These are just a few things to consider. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but we're in a heat wave (almost 100 today!) and shopping is not on the schedule for me. :)

I would have ordered no problem except for the shipping/traveling issue - I don't order things when I'm about to leave town. So I'll either find something I love in NYC or wait until the next sale comes up, I suppose:p The nice thing is that EF has great pants and these are a staple in the collection, so hopefully they'll be around for a while.... (I wasn't really planning to buy in NYC - I just want to try the pants on to see if I should order them online if/when they're on sale again or still)

Have been reading various blogs about the end of season sales in New York - but also thrift stores. I love a good deal:D

Edited by Hoyaheel

• 1 month later...
I would have ordered no problem except for the shipping/traveling issue - I don't order things when I'm about to leave town. So I'll either find something I love in NYC or wait until the next sale comes up, I suppose:p The nice thing is that EF has great pants and these are a staple in the collection, so hopefully they'll be around for a while.... (I wasn't really planning to buy in NYC - I just want to try the pants on to see if I should order them online if/when they're on sale again or still)

Have been reading various blogs about the end of season sales in New York - but also thrift stores. I love a good deal:D

After seeing this thread, I purchased a couple pairs of the $58 Eileen Fisher Washable Crepe Slim Ankle Pants from Neiman Marcus and I love them! I notice they seem to restock them every few days! At the moment of this post, they have all sizes! :D But, if you miss out today, just keep checking back!

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Eileen-Fisher-Washable-Crepe-Slim-Ankle-Pants/prod159180095___/p.prod?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FNtt%253Deileen%252Bfisher%252Bwashable%252Bcrepe%252Bankle%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DMAX_PROMO_PRICE%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod159180095&cmCat=search

I did end up trying them on at Saks while I was in NYC and realized they fit just like another pair of pants I have right now. I like them, and when my current pair die I might replace with the EF version, but I don't need them right now ;)

I did end up trying them on at Saks while I was in NYC and realized they fit just like another pair of pants I have right now. I like them, and when my current pair die I might replace with the EF version, but I don't need them right now ;)

I'd like to thank you for sharing the original link about Neiman Marcus' great deal on these pants though! You saved me some bucks! $$$ :D

If you have a Dillard's, EF goes on sale there tomorrow. I have several items on hold for the sale

Not nearby. I got a few pieces at the Nordstrom anniversary sale (and I'll check again later this week during the summer clearance sale) and at Saks Off Fifth.

I have Eileen Fisher set up as one of my Shop It To Me notifications, so I get emails most days telling me what & where items are on sale....

• 2 weeks later...