American table??

flip8683

My wife and I are on the Carnival Liberty out of San Juan on November 8th I wondering about the American Table ? Is this something new? Our last cruise was over 10 years ago so we are not that current. We have a balcony room which is new to us . Don't really know what to expect. Any suggestions ??

Edited by flip8683

My wife and I are on the Carnival Liberty out of San Juan on November 8th I wondering about the American Table ? Is this something new? Our last cruise was over 10 years ago so we are not that current. We have a balcony room which is new to us . Don't really know what to expect. Any suggestions ??

Welcome to Cruise Critic Flip8683. Here's a link to a thread with pictures of the menus from the American Feast on board the Carnival Breeze:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229249&highlight=american+feast+menu

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

The American Table is something Carnival is doing. One new thing is the port of call section which is where you're seeing a lot of non-American food. For every port you are in on your cruise there is a page in the menu dedicated to it. So if your embarkation port is Miami, there's a port of call page that says "miami" and there's dishes that are of Miami flavors. Same for Cozumel, Honduras, Etc..

On the other page of the menu there are things like flat iron steak, salmon, and baked chicken that are offered every night along with the port of call page, and the other page that is changing daily. It's getting mixed reviews. Some love it and some want their old menus back. But from what I have seen I really like it.

Just looked at the menus posted on that link - sure are a lot of Mexican, Italian and Greek sounding dishes on this "American" menu; not to mention wines from places other than the US.

;) America is a melting pot of people from all around the world who immigrated here. They brought their favorite foods and menu items and our American diet today is a mixture of all those delicious cuisines. We are so fortunate to be able to get wonderful Greek, Mexican, Italian and so many other cuisines.

American food is all of those tastes and flavors. :)

;) America is a melting pot of people from all around the world who immigrated here. They brought their favorite foods and menu items and our American diet today is a mixture of all those delicious cuisines. We are so fortunate to be able to get wonderful Greek, Mexican, Italian and so many other cuisines.

Did somebody say goulash?

Exactly. American family dinners cover the spectrum of those of the many immigrant population. There are none I don't enjoy.

We've sailed twice with American Table/Feast. I really enjoy the selections - never had a problem finding something I'd like. There's three sections to the menu: the "everyday" choice, with things like steak and salmon, the "port of call," with dishes to fit your port, and the menu that changes daily.

As for the balcony - not sure where you are on the ship, but we love having a balcony. It's a great place to unwind before or after dinner, or first thing in the morning.

America is a melting pot of people from all around the world who immigrated here. They brought their favorite foods and menu items and our American diet today is a mixture of all those delicious cuisines. We are so fortunate to be able to get wonderful Greek, Mexican, Italian and so many other cuisines.

American food is all of those tastes and flavors.

Maybe they thought "American" meant giant cheeseburgers piled high with bacon, hot dogs swimming in cheese sauce, chili fries, pretzel crust pizza, fried chicken, onion rings, and nachos, all washed down with a large milk shake or sugary soda. You know, anything that is unhealthy. :D

Edited by SantaFeFan

Just looked at the menus posted on that link - sure are a lot of Mexican, Italian and Greek sounding dishes on this "American" menu; not to mention wines from places other than the US.

Which Ameirca? There's North America, Central America and South America.